Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

I am so excited to find this thread! I am new to this and am very interested in buying a Disney Dooney purse! I am curious to know if there is some kind of timeline as to how often or when Dooney tends to release new designs. Thanks for any info you have!!

I am so excited to find this thread! I am new to this and am very interested in buying a Disney Dooney purse! I am curious to know if there is some kind of timeline as to how often or when Dooney tends to release new designs. Thanks for any info you have!!

Nobody really knows when new Disney Dooney bags are going to be released (other than for events such as flower festival and food and wine festival as those happen right before the events start). There is always speculation that special edition bags are released in conjunction with a Disney movie release (think Mary Poppins) and a Park anniversary (animal kingdom anniversary).

The ability to get a discount (DVC, AP and VISA) on Dooney bags through the Disney app are getting harder and harder. Several of us have been lucky and had a friend who was visiting the park get us a newly released bag.

Nobody really knows when new Disney Dooney bags are going to be released (other than for events such as flower festival and food and wine festival as those happen right before the events start). There is always speculation that special edition bags are released in conjunction with a Disney movie release (think Mary Poppins) and a Park anniversary (animal kingdom anniversary).

The ability to get a discount (DVC, AP and VISA) on Dooney bags through the Disney app are getting harder and harder. Several of us have been lucky and had a friend who was visiting the park get us a newly released bag.

Thank you so much for this info!

I noticed this, too. Most D&B bags are "in store only." Also, I logged on the ShopParks app today and got a message that it is retiring effective May 31. In its place will be the shopDisney app. I guess all AP & DVC discounts will go away. :worried:

I noticed this, too. Most D&B bags are "in store only." Also, I logged on the ShopParks app today and got a message that it is retiring effective May 31. In its place will be the shopDisney app. I guess all AP & DVC discounts will go away. :worried:

After reading your post I went to the shop parks app and yup...got the pop up window too! After I installed the shop Disney app, I went back to shop parks app and did a dooney search and no kidding got like over 300 Dooney bags ! (Many of them released over a year ago !) Now before everyone gets excited ...when I clicked on a few it said in store only so I really think the app is messed up big time. I did send a message to shop disney to see if dvc, AP or visa discount would be offered and will report back once they reply. I am not crossing my fingers as I am going to guess any discount will be gone:mad:

Here is the response so I got about discounts...

shopDisney.com does not currently offer a Disney Vacation Club member discount.

The Disney Rewards® Redemption Card is used by Disney® Visa® Cardmembers to redeem Disney Rewards Dollars for Disney goods and services. Find out about ordering a Disney Rewards Redemption Card or transferring Disney Rewards Dollars here.
Cardmembers save 10% on select merchandise purchases at shopDisney.com and Disney Store locations.

At this time, Annual Pass Holder discounts are not eligible on shopDisney.com

You can check out shopDisney.com/SpecialOffers for available discounts.

Thanks,
Heidi

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Here is the response so I got about discounts...

shopDisney.com does not currently offer a Disney Vacation Club member discount.

The Disney Rewards® Redemption Card is used by Disney® Visa® Cardmembers to redeem Disney Rewards Dollars for Disney goods and services. Find out about ordering a Disney Rewards Redemption Card or transferring Disney Rewards Dollars here.
Cardmembers save 10% on select merchandise purchases at shopDisney.com and Disney Store locations.

At this time, Annual Pass Holder discounts are not eligible on shopDisney.com

You can check out shopDisney.com/SpecialOffers for available discounts.

Thanks,
Heidi

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
But even the 10% Disney Chase Visa discount excludes Dooney and most other designer brands.

out to sea popped up on ds today. so cute! did you all see that the shop disney parks app is ending this month. i pulled up the app and there was a notification. if this has already been mentioned i apologize. i have been at wdw so out of the loop on the boards. while at wdw i did see haunted mansion bags at uptown jewelers and also dumbo and mickey through the years, as well as the tink, sketch and epcot flower and garden bags. i really do like this out to sea print.

this thread is so quiet! aladdin bags popped up today. there is a dream big princess tote with jasmine ( my favorite of the 3 styles offered ) and a foldover crossbody and satchel which feature abu, genie, raja and lamp. the sizes on the satchel and possibly the tote seem a little smaller i think.

this thread is so quiet! aladdin bags popped up today. there is a dream big princess tote with jasmine ( my favorite of the 3 styles offered ) and a foldover crossbody and satchel which feature abu, genie, raja and lamp. the sizes on the satchel and possibly the tote seem a little smaller i think.
Just saw those bags too...cute but hasn’t grabbed me yet. As a food and wine festival gal I eagerly await what this year bag will look like 🤔

I'm really liking the Princess Jasmine collection, but I don't think I'll buy them although the cartoon Raj is really adorable! I did just buy Princess Aurora.

Just saw those bags too...cute but hasn’t grabbed me yet. As a food and wine festival gal I eagerly await what this year bag will look like 🤔
i hope the food and wine bags are nice as well. looking forward to seeing them. we were just there for flower and garden and i did not buy one of those. just didn't like the theming and now those are on sale on DS. i have to admit this dream big princess line appeals to me. guess i am not one for subtle theming like the flower and garden bags. i prefer more obvious disney theming i guess : ) debating whether we will go back in the fall to check out galaxy's edge. guess it will depend upon the reviews of that experience and of course how horrific the crowds and wait times are and fastpass availability. anyway i wonder how many princesses will be included in this dream big princess line. anyone know?

The Cats collection looks so cute, kinda debating driving up to DS to get it. I'm still upset I missed out on the dogs one.

Hi everyone...I am so excited to have found this thread! :)

I have a small Disney Dooney collection that began when I was sucked in by the aqua Dogs bags...I ended up with that one in the tote and Ambler styles, the Lady and the Tramp bag in the crossbody style, the black Christmas bag that came out the same year as the aqua dogs bag in the wallet-on-a-string style, and most recently the pink Cats bag in the crossbody foldover style. H and I are APs and I wanted the Cats AP satchel too, but sadly we don't have a DL trip coming up until mid July, and no WDW trip until late October. Has anyone seen the AP cats satchel in the parks lately, or is it sold out already? I assume it is...but I guess I can fantasize that someone will return theirs and I can scoop it up!

Also...HUGE bummer that the Shop Disney Parks app's demise has meant no more AP discounts for me unless I'm lucky enough to be at the parks in person (unlikely since we live in Michigan) when new bags are introduced. The cats bag was the first one I haven't been able to get a discount on, and that stung, lol.

Hi everyone...I am so excited to have found this thread! :)

I have a small Disney Dooney collection that began when I was sucked in by the aqua Dogs bags...I ended up with that one in the tote and Ambler styles, the Lady and the Tramp bag in the crossbody style, the black Christmas bag that came out the same year as the aqua dogs bag in the wallet-on-a-string style, and most recently the pink Cats bag in the crossbody foldover style. H and I are APs and I wanted the Cats AP satchel too, but sadly we don't have a DL trip coming up until mid July, and no WDW trip until late October. Has anyone seen the AP cats satchel in the parks lately, or is it sold out already? I assume it is...but I guess I can fantasize that someone will return theirs and I can scoop it up!

I was at DL on Friday and the cats satchel was still available. I saw it at Disney Clothiers on Main St. No idea how many they have, but they had the display one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!