Dooney & Bourke Disney collaboration ~ part 4

So here's the million dollar question - how in the world do the resellers predict what collections are going to be popular? So popular that they are cleared out within hours of release? I ended up getting a Haunted Mansion crossbody from a reseller - I paid $50 more than I would have on the website BUT the placement was PERFECT and I justified the premium for that alone. When you can't personally pick your bag, online ordering can be a crapshoot. And placement was important with this pattern. I told myself I pay for Early Bird Checkin on SW - why not pay a little more for a bag that I know has a premium placement???? :0 And as an aside: the seller I purchased from bought her bag in Disneyland and she said that she was lucky to get a crossbody - the professional resellers were lined up and the park store did NOT enforce the 2 per person rule. She said the shelves were cleared in minutes.

2 am PST or EST? :) And yes, I did suck it up and buy from the website. I have 30 days to return if it shows up in the app - advantage of having a store close by. That 20% is a substantial savings on one of the bigger bags.

EST...I agree the 20% is a big savings on the bags not to mention free shipping and no tax(at least I have paid no tax when it has been shipped to Texas)

So here's the million dollar question - how in the world do the resellers predict what collections are going to be popular? So popular that they are cleared out within hours of release? I ended up getting a Haunted Mansion crossbody from a reseller - I paid $50 more than I would have on the website BUT the placement was PERFECT and I justified the premium for that alone. When you can't personally pick your bag, online ordering can be a crapshoot. And placement was important with this pattern. I told myself I pay for Early Bird Checkin on SW - why not pay a little more for a bag that I know has a premium placement???? :0 And as an aside: the seller I purchased from bought her bag in Disneyland and she said that she was lucky to get a crossbody - the professional resellers were lined up and the park store did NOT enforce the 2 per person rule. She said the shelves were cleared in minutes.

IMO any dooney bag that is an anniversary print or special print (dogs, Mary poppins) will be a big seller as have the Christmas bags in the past. For some prints I think resellers take a loss at times as some bags that appear months after release are still found on the app or website. I would really like the stores to honor the two per rule when bags are first released and I speculate that perhaps the resellers know some of the cast members who maybe turn a blind eye to the resellers returning two or three times a day. I also have purchased a bag off the resale market(AK anniversary) as I had an eBay coupon which basically discounted the upcharge from resale market.

Last edited:
I also have purchased a bag off the resale market(AK anniversary) as I had an eBay coupon which basically discounted the upcharge from resale market.
I get eBay coupons all the time and never use them. I'll have to check a little more carefully from now on - never thought to use them for Disney Dooney - I typically don't buy a lot on eBay. Great tip!

Does anyone know if the shopdisney website or the shop parks app ever adds inventory once it sells out? I'm so bummed I missed the Haunted Mansion collection. I grew up going to Disneyland in CA in the late sixties as a kid and the Haunted Mansion is one of my favorites.
I started stalking every FB group and Instagram I could find after missing out on the HM satchel, and I have seen a few people say that they ARE expected to restock the HM bag....at some point. When I called and ask, they just say to check the website every night at 12 midnight PST, so that's not much help.

Regarding the non-enforcment of the 2 bag rule, I think that really sucks. Online they were letting people buy 10(!) of every bag, so it's no wonder it sold out in less than 7 hours. Really ready to give some feedback to Disney about that. I'd buy from a reseller if it had PERFECT placement, but so far I haven't seen any that were so perfect I was willing to reward a reseller.

I did recently get a bag on eBay though, for very little markup. eBay was doing a spend $100+ and get 10% back in "ebay Bucks" so I went for it. I LOVE THIS BAG! It's not as big as I was expecting, but the long shoulder strap makes it perfect to wear. So glad I got this one and not the small crossbody bag.

23jpx5s.jpg

I started stalking every FB group and Instagram I could find after missing out on the HM satchel, and I have seen a few people say that they ARE expected to restock the HM bag....at some point. When I called and ask, they just say to check the website every night at 12 midnight PST, so that's not much help.

Regarding the non-enforcment of the 2 bag rule, I think that really sucks. Online they were letting people buy 10(!) of every bag, so it's no wonder it sold out in less than 7 hours. Really ready to give some feedback to Disney about that. I'd buy from a reseller if it had PERFECT placement, but so far I haven't seen any that were so perfect I was willing to reward a reseller.

I did recently get a bag on eBay though, for very little markup. eBay was doing a spend $100+ and get 10% back in "ebay Bucks" so I went for it. I LOVE THIS BAG! It's not as big as I was expecting, but the long shoulder strap makes it perfect to wear. So glad I got this one and not the small crossbody bag.

23jpx5s.jpg
Nice bag! and yes! i called shopdisney and got a super helpful and knowledgable CS rep. She said they *are* expected to restock closer to Halloween. I was able to grab a wallet this morning (about 4am EST). I had a crossbody in my cart but was not quick enough. I must have snagged the last HM item. Now all I need is the tote - and that is the piece I'm really looking for. This particular pattern has placement issues on some of the smaller pieces. Holding my breath on the wallet. The crossbody I bought from a reseller had the three hitchhiking ghosts in full length, the bride, a full portrait, the clock, etc. It was positively drool-worthy perfect. The only one I've seen like that. I may not be getting a lot of sleep these next few nights.

Nice bag! and yes! i called shopdisney and got a super helpful and knowledgable CS rep. She said they *are* expected to restock closer to Halloween. I was able to grab a wallet this morning (about 4am EST). I had a crossbody in my cart but was not quick enough. I must have snagged the last HM item. Now all I need is the tote - and that is the piece I'm really looking for. This particular pattern has placement issues on some of the smaller pieces. Holding my breath on the wallet. The crossbody I bought from a reseller had the three hitchhiking ghosts in full length, the bride, a full portrait, the clock, etc. It was positively drool-worthy perfect. The only one I've seen like that. I may not be getting a lot of sleep these next few nights.
Wow, what? I've been checking at midnight and haven't seen anything HM pop up but I didn't stay up later than that to keep checking back... ugh, that's not appealing, I need my sleep, lol. Strange that they keep adding stuff all the night long instead of just at the magical restocking hour. I just want the satchel. I'm supposed to get the crossbody delivered on Monday/Tuesday! Thanks for the tip about Halloween!

just wondering has anyone received their hm bags yet? if so how do you like them in person?
Received my crossbody yesterday and I am in love. This bag is even better in person - I think this is my favorite Dooney! I'm not a huge fan of crossbodys *but* this silhouette is fabulous - it's perfect to use as a clutch also. My wallet shipped yesterday - I was holding my breath expecting to see a "ZOIKS!" cancelled order email because of inventory issues - holding my breath on the wallet placement. On a side note - I was looking for information about restocking Dooney and ran across an old thread where this very issue with sold out Haunted Mansion bags was being discussed in 2013. That thread could have 2018 swapped out for the year and no one would notice ;)

I’m going to be there in 2 weeks dressing as a ghost host for the Halloween party and I can’t believe I missed out the new HM bag. I LOVE IT. I’m really hoping some
Pixie dust will blow my way when we are there and I will be able to get one.
fingers crossed for you. i think they did a great job on these. the trim on them is purple! also i do think this pattern works well even on the smaller sizes it seems like you get a good smattering of characters. was so glad to see the ghost hosts pictured, and all 3 ghosts plus the hatbox ghost, and the clock, and master gracey and the bride. well done, disney! . i hope hope hope you find one : ) when these first showed up i posted on this thread. hopefully others will as well so if you subscribe to this thread you will see the posts. i find that 3 am est is a good time to check if i happen to wake up in the middle of the night. keep watching. hope everyone finds what they are looking for.

fingers crossed for you. i think they did a great job on these. the trim on them is purple! also i do think this pattern works well even on the smaller sizes it seems like you get a good smattering of characters. was so glad to see the ghost hosts pictured, and all 3 ghosts plus the hatbox ghost, and the clock, and master gracey and the bride. well done, disney! . i hope hope hope you find one : ) when these first showed up i posted on this thread. hopefully others will as well so if you subscribe to this thread you will see the posts. i find that 3 am est is a good time to check if i happen to wake up in the middle of the night. keep watching. hope everyone finds what they are looking for.
I love the pattern! Did you notice they had a puzzle with the same exact pattern?

I like the new ear hat purses as well
With the attractions.

Definitely the HM crossbody is a much better shaped bag than the usual letter carrier. I feel like I could actually fit quite a bit in this bag without bending it out of shape.

new disney dooney bags up on DS. nutcracker and the four realms. a tote, wristlet, satchel and crossbody. they are a backorder shipping in november

Here’s a pic of the nutcracker bags....can’t decide on this pattern...doesn’t grab me but don’t want to suffer from “fear of missing out” later. Decisions decisions
49DC382E-73EA-49A3-B582-EEF6512C834D.jpeg

Here’s a pic of the nutcracker bags....can’t decide on this pattern...doesn’t grab me but don’t want to suffer from “fear of missing out” later. Decisions decisions
View attachment 350932
after way too much debate with myself, including watching the trailer for the movie, i decided to pass on this release. i do like the colors but just don't feel a connection to the theme. trying to get into the habit of thinking before i click the submit order button. tough lesson to learn lol. they are pretty tho : )

View attachment 350932
I agree! Love the colors but just don't 'feel' the pattern. This could have been a sensational bag for the holidays - I think this one is a miss. And what's with the backorder? I think even Disney doesn't want to take a chance and be stuck with inventory. I sorta wish they would do this with all the new releases. Gives everyone a fair shot at getting a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter