Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

Wow! That's a lot of cash back in your pockets. Nice work.

Now I just have to keep Fran from spending all of it! :laughing:

You sound incredibly busy! Hope you get it all sorted out.

Eventually it sorts itself all out, but in the meantime my sanity takes a beating! :crazy:

I had that same issue numerous times with our stroller. It's funny how fast you become an expert at protecting it!

Yeah, especially since I come from a place where rain is rarely something we ever worry about.

::yes:: Glad they liked it so much.

Well, I'm not so sure as if they liked it so much more that they thought it was the most impressive ride they had been on so far.

Impressive. I wouldn't have thought of that, probably.
Except... now I'm thinking... If you really don't like someone, you could put them in your will. :laughing:

Well not really. Lets say each of our buildings is worth $100 (give or take $10) and we own four buildings. The total amount of loan debt that we have is about the same as one building, maybe plus $10. So you sell one building, pay off the loan debt and you still have the $300 (or so) left from the other buildings. Now that's highly simplified and condensed because our buildings may just be about 100, or 1000 or maybe even 10,000 times, or even more valuable than the scenario I just painted. So by potentially putting someone I don't like in the will, I could make an enemy a millionaire! :lmao:

This is funny. I was in Home Depot yesterday, getting some light bulbs. I walked by stacks of boxes (flat) on sale. I thought "Oh! There's the boxes Alison was talking about."
Odd how I never noticed them before. :)

Well of course they're flat! If they sold them already assembled they would miss out on selling you the tape! :laughing:

Love conquers all... even... maybe... bacon

:love:

Like I said. Smart.

Just experienced.

Not "kinda" icky. Just... icky.

:lmao:

Well not really. Lets say each of our buildings is worth $100 (give or take $10) and we own four buildings. The total amount of loan debt that we have is about the same as one building, maybe plus $10. So you sell one building, pay off the loan debt and you still have the $300 (or so) left from the other buildings. Now that's highly simplified and condensed because our buildings may just be about 100, or 1000 or maybe even 10,000 times, or even more valuable than the scenario I just painted. So by potentially putting someone I don't like in the will, I could make an enemy a millionaire! :lmao:
Okay, no enemies in the will then. Darn! Thought I had your life (or afterlife) all figured out for you. :laughing:
Well of course they're flat! If they sold them already assembled they would miss out on selling you the tape! :laughing:
:laughing:
Maybe that's the only reason they have boxes!
"Boss. The tape isn't really moving. Any ideas?"

Okay, no enemies in the will then. Darn! Thought I had your life (or afterlife) all figured out for you. :laughing:

It's just not that simple! :laughing:

Maybe that's the only reason they have boxes!
"Boss. The tape isn't really moving. Any ideas?"

You could be onto something there!

I thought I was going to be able to post it from my phone this morning, but there were some errors in my Google doc that could mostly only be fixed from the computer. I just finished so finally here it goes.

IRL Update: No new news to report on the rental front, other than one of the tenants who gave notice rescinded that notice, so one less unit to rent next month. The tenant who vacated left the place so clean that there is really nothing I need to do except maybe touch up a couple spots with paint. And when I say a couple, I mean a couple.

I’m in full swing of planning the next few So Cal DISmeets, and I’ve even scheduled the carpet cleaning prior to the visit of @Steppesister and @Malia78, we’re in single digits until their visit so I’m trying to make my home as clean and inviting as possible! I’ve also got a trip in less than 45 days and need to nail down the final details like grocery order, what to pack, and all that sort of stuff.

Now that our loan has funded, we have all sorts of things to fix, our jacuzzi has a big leak, the refrigerator isn’t quite cooling to 40 degrees, my bathroom tub had a leak, and while they are not charging us to fix it, they can’t come out for another two weeks. :sad2:

Then there is property related issues, one tenant needs a new oven and they don’t make them in the size of her old one, so there is most likely cabinet rebuilding involved. Then we have to rebuild a Pergola on the building that was tented for termites. We tore it down to save $1000 of covering space that would be destroyed anyways, since it was termite infested. Right now the contractor is rebuilding the deck of one of the vacant apartments because it was built improperly and was leaking into the garages below. Plus we need to start getting estimates on all the roofs of the rental properties since it’s been nearly 25 years since they were resurfaced. It never ends!

If you remember, we had taken a ride on FoP and made a very slow trip from Pandora to Harambe before stopping for lunch.

By now, our Safari FPs were looming and we got on 40 minutes into the time frame. I rode the scooter through the queue to the special loading area, and we boarded our bus.

Fran and I sat in a row in front of my parents as we are all too big to fit comfortably in one row. They supplemented the ride vehicle with people from the regular queue and at the last minute two young girls got in the row next to my dad. I turned around a couple times during the ride to take pictures of animals we had passed and I noted them both glued to their phones, and this was at a point where there were giraffes, ankole cattle and all sorts of other animals!
Later I asked my Dad about them and he said they never stopped throughout the entire ride. Why bother? The wait was 75 minutes or they wasted a FP. But anyways, let's take a look at a few of the animals that I saw.

But first a look back at the next safari vehicle to depart from the special boarding area.

Even the Animatronic lion was in his element.

We saw a pretty good amount of animals, evidently the rain suited some of them. After the safari, my mom rode my scooter and we got Fran a couple cinnamon rolls to take home, although we did cut off some ears so me, mom and Dad could try it. She ate the rest that night when we got home.

Then it was time for EE. Me and my Dad rode while mom and Fran rested. As we pulled into the station I asked my Dad if he wanted to take Mom and Fran's bands and go again, and he gave me a firm “No”. Later he called it a one and done.

I wanted an animal selfie, so Fran found a place to sit and let my parents ride the scooters while we did the Maharajah trail. On the way we stopped at the restroom and I realized there was a problem with my mom. She was barely able to walk to the bathroom and was holding on to everything from trees to walls or doors, to stand up. I gave her my arm and guided her in. Evidently her knee had locked up and she was having a hard time bending her legs. So we let her have the scooter for the rest of the day. Some animals along the way.

The Kommodo Dragons were not out because it was too cold. The bats were being retrained to learn to fly and respond to commands, So the first thing we actually saw was a tiger, and he was pretty hidden.

At the next stop there were some water buffalo and then there were the birds. I had wanted to get a Tiger selfie to send home to a friend that I was texting with, but they weren't cooperating. So I had to settle for a couple bird selfies, none of which came out good so here’s a bird picture for you.

We met up with Fran and she decided that she was in better shape than my Mom or Dad and she decided to walk. She was slower than my Dad so it took some time to get to the store at the front of the park. My mom didn’t want to drive through the store so I ended up riding my scooter, but then she wanted my Dad to take her elbow so he wanted to leave the scooter. We were heading towards the exit of the park and planned on just driving through the store. My legs were killing me at this point so I didn't want to have to leave mine at the other side of the store come back for this scooter. Luckily my Dad was able to hand it off to Fran and he walked my Mom through the store. She didn't find anything she wanted and left the store pretty quickly. Fran wanted to check out the store across the way. I offered my mom the scooter but she wanted to walk small laps in front of the store to see if she could work out the stiffness in her knee. Fran needed my help getting shirts off the top racks so I went over to help her and in the process I found a nice shirt to wear to dinner the following night. I hadn't realized when I made reservations for Todd English's Bluezoo that it was a Signature. I only brought one signature worthy outfit and I didn’t want to wear that outfit to our after dinner activities, so this shirt was a nice find.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

On the way out of the park, my Mom drove the scooter again. We were headed to Disney Springs, this time for dinner at the Boathouse. By the time we were getting in line for the bus it was 6PM and our reservation was for 7PM so we weren't really going to have time to do anything besides get off the bus and head to dinner. I had hoped we might browse some stores or visit the Coke place, I'm not even sure what that is all about.

Once we arrived, my mom rode the scooter again, and then I parked it for her. It was partially under an overhang, but the tiller was exposed, so I covered that with a trash bag, good thing cause it had rained again when we came out of the restaurant.

While we waited to be seated, I looked at the oysters in their case and picked out which ones I would be having as my appetizer. But I get ahead of myself. First the menu.

First off the rolls that are addictive like crack.

We got this bottle of Sancerre for the table, aka Sauvignon/Chenin Blanc.

Here are my oysters, two Saint Simeon, and two Purple Mountain.

Fran and my Mom each had a cup of Lobster Bisque.

My Mom had the Crab cake appetizer as her entree.

My dad had the fish tacos.

Fran and I split the Crab Stuffed Lobster, it was very good!

We also got a side of Mac n Cheese.

We ate almost all the lobster and took home a little more than half the mac n cheese.
I ordered a chocolate martini with my dessert.

Then Fran and I split a Double Chocolate Bundt Cake with Raspberry Coulis. This was really good but super rich. I let Fran finish it. My Dad got the same thing and polished it off.

Fran wanted to go to WoD, but when we asked my Mom she gave an adamant “No.” so instead the three of us went back to the room. I'm not exactly sure what Fran did, but I plugged in the scooters and went to bed. I was pooped from all that walking!

one of the tenants who gave notice rescinded that notice, so one less unit to rent next month.
That's good!
The tenant who vacated left the place so clean that there is really nothing I need to do except maybe touch up a couple spots with paint. And when I say a couple, I mean a couple.
That's good too. If I hadn't read the rest of this post, I'd have said you were having very good luck with the rentals...
I’ve even scheduled the carpet cleaning prior to the visit of @Steppesister and @Malia78,
This will be expected from now on for every visit.
We'll stick our noses up and say "What? No steam cleaned carpet? This simply won't do!" :snooty:
my bathroom tub had a leak
I didn't think that could happen. Unless you mean it's leaking from the drain or overflow?
Then there is property related issues, one tenant needs a new oven and they don’t make them in the size of her old one, so there is most likely cabinet rebuilding involved. Then we have to rebuild a Pergola on the building that was tented for termites. We tore it down to save $1000 of covering space that would be destroyed anyways, since it was termite infested. Right now the contractor is rebuilding the deck of one of the vacant apartments because it was built improperly and was leaking into the garages below. Plus we need to start getting estimates on all the roofs of the rental properties since it’s been nearly 25 years since they were resurfaced. It never ends!
:faint:
Holy crap!
By now, our Safari FPs were looming
Watch out!!!!
at the last minute two young girls got in the row next to my dad. I turned around a couple times during the ride to take pictures of animals we had passed and I noted them both glued to their phones, and this was at a point where there were giraffes, ankole cattle and all sorts of other animals!
:sad2:
Maybe... stay home?
Niiiice shot!
:laughing: ::yes::
Smart of Disney to just build the front half of this animatronic.
After the safari, my mom rode my scooter and we got Fran a couple cinnamon rolls to take home, although we did cut off some ears so me, mom and Dad could try it.
So what did you think of it?
Then it was time for EE. Me and my Dad rode while mom and Fran rested. As we pulled into the station I asked my Dad if he wanted to take Mom and Fran's bands and go again, and he gave me a firm “No”. Later he called it a one and done.
Too rough? Not rough enough? Did he say why?
I realized there was a problem with my mom. She was barely able to walk to the bathroom and was holding on to everything from trees to walls or doors, to stand up. I gave her my arm and guided her in. Evidently her knee had locked up and she was having a hard time bending her legs.
Oh, no. Your poor mom. :(
So we let her have the scooter for the rest of the day.
I've already read ahead, but I was already going to say "Your legs must've been killing you, after."
The bats were being retrained to learn to fly and respond to commands,
I had no idea you could do that!!
My legs were killing me at this point
Yeah... I thought so. :hug:
Todd English's Bluezoo
What is this? Never heard of it!
I looked at the oysters in their case and picked out which ones I would be having as my appetizer.
What do you mean when you say that? Did you point to the exact ones you wanted (like picking a lobster from a tank) or just the type you wanted.
mmm Oysters Rockefeller... haven't had that in a long time.
Here are my oysters, two Saint Simeon, and two Purple Mountain.
Was the taste difference noticeable?
Fran and my Mom each had a cup of Lobster Bisque.
mmmm… want.
Fran and I split the Crab Stuffed Lobster, it was very good!
That sounds amazing!
Whoa! Decadent! :)

The tenant who vacated left the place so clean that there is really nothing I need to do except maybe touch up a couple spots with paint. And when I say a couple, I mean a couple.
Glad there wasn't much to do, but you hate to lose a tenant that takes such good care of the property.
Why bother? The wait was 75 minutes or they wasted a FP. But anyways, let's take a look at a few of the animals that I saw.
I guess that's their problem... :sad2:
Awesome!
As we pulled into the station I asked my Dad if he wanted to take Mom and Fran's bands and go again, and he gave me a firm “No”. Later he called it a one and done.
I love EE, but I can see that. The backwards part just does some people in.
I love me some good rolls and those look amazing!
Fran wanted to go to WoD, but when we asked my Mom she gave an adamant “No.” so instead the three of us went back to the room. I'm not exactly sure what Fran did, but I plugged in the scooters and went to bed. I was pooped from all that walking!
I can see that. AK is a lot of walking for anyone!

one of the tenants who gave notice rescinded that notice, so one less unit to rent next month. The tenant who vacated left the place so clean that there is really nothing I need to do except maybe touch up a couple spots with paint. And when I say a couple, I mean a couple.
That's a bit of better luck 👍
full swing of planning the next few So Cal DISmeets,
Some day I'd love to swing a girls trip with you all ☺
I’ve also got a trip in less than 45 day
Coming quick!
It never ends!
I'm amazed at how much you keep track of and manage!

Later I asked my Dad about them and he said they never stopped throughout the entire ride. Why bother?
Mean parent here would have her teen's phone for the rest of the trip. Mine is good about staying off hers I must say tho.
We saw a pretty good amount of animals, evidently the rain suited some of them
You saw a Lot of animals, great pics!

Those look tasty, no raisins hiding in I hope?

he gave me a firm “No”. Later he called it a one and done.
Crazy talk. 🤔
She was barely able to walk to the bathroom and was holding on to everything from trees to walls or doors, to stand up.
yikes your poor mom!

Now that's a gorgeous bird!
First the menu.
Thanks for showing all the menus...I should have sent you pics of the oyster menu when we were in Vancouver the other week, you could have helped me pick!
the rolls that are addictive like crack.
I lurve butter rolls!
Wait is that delicious cilantro on top? I'm a big fan of fish tacos

👍 Spot on :lovestruc

I know a few left in DL....

I seriously don't know how they expect people to take breaks. It's not like it's feasible to take a break in a restaurant every single time you need one, like they hope.
I’m in full swing of planning the next few So Cal DISmeets, and I’ve even scheduled the carpet cleaning prior to the visit of @Steppesister and @Malia78, we’re in single digits until their visit so I’m trying to make my home as clean and inviting as possible!

I can't wait!!! We gonna have some loads of fun!

It never ends!

Nope. Exactly why we got out of the rental business.

I turned around a couple times during the ride to take pictures of animals we had passed and I noted them both glued to their phones, and this was at a point where there were giraffes, ankole cattle and all sorts of other animals!
Later I asked my Dad about them and he said they never stopped throughout the entire ride. Why bother? The wait was 75 minutes or they wasted a FP. But anyways, let's take a look at a few of the animals that I saw.

:sad2: Ridiculous.
We saw a pretty good amount of animals, evidently the rain suited some of them. After the safari, my mom rode my scooter and we got Fran a couple cinnamon rolls to take home, although we did cut off some ears so me, mom and Dad could try it. She ate the rest that night when we got home.

They are irresistable!

Later he called it a one and done.

Well, shoot, it's such a great ride. But, we all have our limits. I'll ride SM with my kids, but only once.

On the way we stopped at the restroom and I realized there was a problem with my mom. She was barely able to walk to the bathroom and was holding on to everything from trees to walls or doors, to stand up.

OH dear, that's NEVER a good sign!

The bats were being retrained to learn to fly and respond to commands,

I was sad too this trip when they weren't there.

I hadn't realized when I made reservations for Todd English's Bluezoo that it was a Signature.

I didn't know that either! Never been, but it's always looked interesting.

z19FG0319BH02.jpg
There they are!! I couldn't find them on the menu when I did my review a couple weeks ago, and that's why. They are a special not on the reg. menu. ;)

That's good too. If I hadn't read the rest of this post, I'd have said you were having very good luck with the rentals...

Well we're down to one vacancy for now. But probably two soon.

This will be expected from now on for every visit.
We'll stick our noses up and say "What? No steam cleaned carpet? This simply won't do!" :snooty:

Well since we have so much stuff on the floors, they probably won't notice. :laughing:

I didn't think that could happen. Unless you mean it's leaking from the drain or overflow?

The cold water fixture is leaking. The cold is turned off at the shut off in the tub.

:faint:
Holy crap!

What part of Holy Crap?

Maybe... stay home?

Smart of Disney to just build the front half of this animatronic.

:rotfl2:

So what did you think of it?

It wasn't my favorite type of cinnamon roll. The dough was more croissanty with a light a flaky sort of pastry. The kind I like are the rolls with sort of a thick, unxious, and dense pastry dough. Then I like a lot of icing as well. Thick, goopy icing. We have a bakery/cafe here in So Cal that makes them like that. They are comparable to Cinnabon, if you ve ever heard of or had those.

Too rough? Not rough enough? Did he say why?

He didnt say.

Oh, no. Your poor mom. :(

Yeah I was a little worried at that point.

I've already read ahead, but I was already going to say "Your legs must've been killing you, after."

Yup. I would have loved to have an actual jacuzzi tub at that point, and not just a soaker.

I had no idea you could do that!!

Evidently the guests were not content with watching the bats just hang from the trees and wanted to see them "perform" like in the bird show.

Yeah... I thought so. :hug:

Let's just say that I didnt gain any weight on this trip even though I ate like a pig!

What is this? Never heard of it!

It's a Signature restaurant inside the Dolphin. He is a celebrity chef who started with a show on PBS out of Boston. He's got restaurants around the world, on cruise ships, and high profile resorts. That update will be coming soon enough, but you'll need to google the menu cause my remaining updates may be a little sparse on pictures....

What do you mean when you say that? Did you point to the exact ones you wanted (like picking a lobster from a tank) or just the type you wanted.

I wish I had a picture of the entry. Wait hold on a minute <consults the interwebs>

So you can see that the oysters are right there on display. The check-in podium is to the right of the oyster case, so we were waiting right in front of that case.

Now believe it or not I'm picky about my oysters. When I tried them in New Orleans, I was actually grossed out. I like them small and briny, and the ones in NOLA were huge, like chew them for a whole long time before they make their way to your tummy, huge. I like the ones that take a few chews, and they're on their way to digestion-town.

So when I say that I "chose", I looked at the sizes of their shells in the case and noted the smallest ones. When I sat down, I didnt have to question the server on how large they were, or consult the google doc on my phone where I have a list of oysters I've tried and whether I like them or not.

My favorites come from a Bay off PEI. Called Malpeque Bay, and coincidentally or not that's the name of the Oysters.

mmm Oysters Rockefeller... haven't had that in a long time.

I dont like them as much cooked as i do raw. They get a little tough.

Was the taste difference noticeable?

At this point I don't remember, but there are subtle differences in flavor. A lot depends on their "liquor", which is the name for the liquid found inside their shells when the oyster is shucked.

That sounds amazing!

It was! One of the reasons we didn't make much of a dent on the mac n cheese we ordered.

Well we're down to one vacancy for now. But probably two soon.
Uh oh!
Well since we have so much stuff on the floors, they probably won't notice. :laughing:
Carpet overtop of the carpet?

;)
The cold water fixture is leaking. The cold is turned off at the shut off in the tub.
Oh! So it's not the tub per se that's leaking.
What part of Holy Crap?
The sum of all of it. Just a lot.
It wasn't my favorite type of cinnamon roll. The dough was more croissanty with a light a flaky sort of pastry. The kind I like are the rolls with sort of a thick, unxious, and dense pastry dough. Then I like a lot of icing as well. Thick, goopy icing. We have a bakery/cafe here in So Cal that makes them like that. They are comparable to Cinnabon, if you ve ever heard of or had those.
That was from Kusafiri? Or...

And... I'm not sure if I've had Cinnabon. It only slightly appeals to me. I actually like my cinnamon buns/rolls with no icing. (but I do put butter on it so I can harden up those arteries really good.)
Yup. I would have loved to have an actual jacuzzi tub at that point, and not just a soaker.
Or... an extra scooter.
Evidently the guests were not content with watching the bats just hang from the trees and wanted to see them "perform" like in the bird show.
That bothers me a bit. Why can't you just look at the animal and appreciate it for what it is?
Do I enjoy the bird shows? Sure. but... Bats? I dunno. Maybe?
Let's just say that I didnt gain any weight on this trip even though I ate like a pig!
win win?
It's a Signature restaurant inside the Dolphin.
Ah!
He is a celebrity chef who started with a show on PBS out of Boston. He's got restaurants around the world, on cruise ships, and high profile resorts. That update will be coming soon enough, but you'll need to google the menu cause my remaining updates may be a little sparse on pictures....
Oh! Okay, thanks for that. :)
Now believe it or not I'm picky about my oysters. When I tried them in New Orleans, I was actually grossed out. I like them small and briny, and the ones in NOLA were huge, like chew them for a whole long time before they make their way to your tummy, huge. I like the ones that take a few chews, and they're on their way to digestion-town.

So when I say that I "chose", I looked at the sizes of their shells in the case and noted the smallest ones. When I sat down, I didnt have to question the server on how large they were, or consult the google doc on my phone where I have a list of oysters I've tried and whether I like them or not.
I do remember the NOLA incident. And see what you mean about picking them now too. :)
My favorites come from a Bay off PEI. Called Malpeque Bay, and coincidentally or not that's the name of the Oysters.
You're welcome.
Good chocolate, maple syrup and oysters. That's us.
I dont like them as much cooked as i do raw. They get a little tough.
Interesting. I much preferred them cooked.

Glad there wasn't much to do, but you hate to lose a tenant that takes such good care of the property.

And her rent checks came via mail, two days before the first. It was nice having such a good tenant.

I guess that's their problem... :sad2:

Just makes you think, why???

I love EE, but I can see that. The backwards part just does some people in.

I'll have to ask what part of the ride made it a one and done.

I love me some good rolls and those look amazing!

They really are. I wish we had a Boathouse at Downtown Disney.

I can see that. AK is a lot of walking for anyone!

And this trip made me realize how fragile my parents are getting.

That's a bit of better luck 👍

Now if we could just rent that front unit, I would be happy.

Some day I'd love to swing a girls trip with you all ☺

Well at least you get to do a trip later this year!

Coming quick

Now we're less than 25 days! :banana:

I'm amazed at how much you keep track of and manage!

Someone's got to do it!

Mean parent here would have her teen's phone for the rest of the trip. Mine is good about staying off hers I must say tho.

Actually you're a good parent for doing that. They need to live in the moment!

You saw a Lot of animals, great pics!

Thanks!

Those look tasty, no raisins hiding in I hope?

Nope, no dead grapes in there!

yikes your poor mom!

I know, she's a lot more fragile than I knew.

Now that's a gorgeous bird!

I got lucky on that shot.

Thanks for showing all the menus...I should have sent you pics of the oyster menu when we were in Vancouver the other week, you could have helped me pick!

Oooh! Where did you go? There are some great restaurants in Vancouver!

Wait is that delicious cilantro on top? I'm a big fan of fish tacos

I'm not sure, but I order mine without cilantro. :snooty:

::yes::

I seriously don't know how they expect people to take breaks. It's not like it's feasible to take a break in a restaurant every single time you need one, like they hope.

Well at least in Disneyland there are plenty of benches all over the parks. When at WDW I usually have my scooter so I dont need to look for benches.

I can't wait!!! We gonna have some loads of fun!

And we did! 🎉🎉🎉

Nope. Exactly why we got out of the rental business.

Then we wouldn't have any income!

They are irresistable!

Well, sort of. I'm a little more partial to what's below.

Well, shoot, it's such a great ride. But, we all have our limits. I'll ride SM with my kids, but only once.

I actually dont ride Space in MK anymore. DL's version is just so much more superior.

OH dear, that's NEVER a good sign!

No. Its not.

I was sad too this trip when they weren't there.

I wonder if they'll be back soon. I'm probably not going to make it to AK this trip.

I didn't know that either! Never been, but it's always looked interesting.

Well you will find out shortly how it was, sort of. Then again, you will probably not read it until you get back!

There they are!! I couldn't find them on the menu when I did my review a couple weeks ago, and that's why. They are a special not on the reg. menu. ;)

I was wondering why you said you couldn't find it, then again maybe specials aren't listed online.

Carpet overtop of the carpet?

;)

Carpet over the boxes on the carpet.

Oh! So it's not the tub per se that's leaking.

No but the leak keeps me from using the tub.

That was from Kusafiri? Or...

And... I'm not sure if I've had Cinnabon. It only slightly appeals to me. I actually like my cinnamon buns/rolls with no icing. (but I do put butter on it so I can harden up those arteries really good.)

Yes, Kusafari. And as it turns out, we had breakfast this morning at the place with the yummy cinnamon rolls. Fran ordered Eggs Benedict (Hollandaise looked weird) but you get a bakery item with every order of eggs and such so she got a cinnamon roll to go for hers.

And while we're at it, we picked up a fresh peach pie to take home, but they have many other good options. The place is called Polly's Pies, you know.

That bothers me a bit. Why can't you just look at the animal and appreciate it for what it is?
Do I enjoy the bird shows? Sure. but... Bats? I dunno. Maybe?

I know. I was fine with them just hanging there sleeping.

I do remember the NOLA incident. And see what you mean about picking them now too. :)

:)

You're welcome.
Good chocolate, maple syrup and oysters. That's us.

Chocolate? I know about the candy bars you give us, but I think of Belgium when I think of good chocolate. :confused3

Carpet over the boxes on the carpet.
Of course. The cats need boxes. :)
No but the leak keeps me from using the tub.
Understood.
Yes, Kusafari. And as it turns out, we had breakfast this morning at the place with the yummy cinnamon rolls. Fran ordered Eggs Benedict (Hollandaise looked weird) but you get a bakery item with every order of eggs and such so she got a cinnamon roll to go for hers.
Huh. I want Kusafari's…

I did not have a good Beny experience recently.
DW, DD22 and I went for brunch at this new(ish) place. We'd been a couple times before.
I ordered benies and when the waitress asked how I want my eggs... I was a bit surprised. I mean... who orders benies without soft poached eggs?
Anyways... We had taken separate cars because I had to leave from there to go to work.
I get my meal and... cut into the beny and... hard eggs. For me this totally ruins it. I pushed my plate away and waited for the waitress to come back to ask how our meals were (like they always do).
I waited... and waited... and waited... after about 20 minutes, the other two were finished eating and even if she'd shown up right then, I didn't 1. want to eat alone while the other two waited for me and 2. didn't have time to wait anymore anyway.
I left for work. I got to eat a few hours later.
(the server apparently apologized. said she was training and got overwhelmed. obviously didn't charge for the meal. (but did charge for the rest.))
And while we're at it, we picked up a fresh peach pie to take home, but they have many other good options. The place is called Polly's Pies, you know.
I don't think I've ever had peach pie. Sounds good.
And any pie place is :thumbsup2 in my book.
Maybe next time I'm down we can go. :)
I know. I was fine with them just hanging there sleeping.
Chocolate? I know about the candy bars you give us, but I think of Belgium when I think of good chocolate. :confused3
Belgium chocolate > Canada chocolate > USA chocolate.

Day 9

Woke up 6:30, worked on phone TR, did some online stuff, and then took my last tub. Another busy morning before hitting the parks, need to ship the package, and wrap up most of the packing, cause we had a busy night ahead!

Once I was dressed the first order of business was to get our package shipped. I put a few odds and ends into the suitcase, but for the most part I concentrated on taping up the package. I took it up to the airplane check in area so that they could weigh it for me. Then I made the label on my computer in the room and emailed it to the business center. I took the package over to the business center and they printed the label for me, put some Fragile stickers on it and had it on the way.

Then I went back to the room where my Dad had made coffee. I had a cup, some V8, and some of the leftover mac n cheese. Fran ate her second cinnamon roll, V8 and also some mac n cheese. Sorry no pics, we were running a little late. I posted the final installment on my Fantasy Cruise TR and we were on our way to DHS.

On the way to the boat Fran realized that she had forgotten her phone so she went back to the room to get it and had to catch the next boat. As we approached the dock I noticed that the skyway had its gondola cars attached and still wrapped in plastic. I knew @skier_pete was into the progress (he kept posting it in his TRs) so I sent him this pic.

Fran told me that she had made the next boat and I knew that with how slow my parents walked, she would have no trouble catching up to us. Once in the park, we made a stop for the potty ride and there she was able to catch up.
Mom and Fran were reluctant to ride SDD so I made them TSMM FPs while my Dad and I had the previous. It was a fun little ride, I just wish that the photos would have downloaded to my PP account. Thank goodness we had FP cause this was the standby wait.

Since no one really gave me any direction on the rest of the FP, I made them for my favorite rides. ToT and RnRC. Nobody really had any desire to go on those rides, but everyone had a strong desire for lunch. Since DHS has the worst choice of QS restaurants of all the parks, I suggested that we take the boat to Epcot and have lunch there. We saw these folks in our way out of the park.

France has some good choices, and if not Morocco is pretty good as well. France was a winner and soon we were on our way. The boat could only take one scooter, so Fran opted to take the trail, and she beat us by a substantial amount, in fact she was already in the restaurant securing a table as we were unloading from the boat.

Dad and I went up to the counter, there was a good size line, but nothing unusual. As we were waiting, he asked, “Why am I just now, on the last day, finding out about this place?”

I dunno? You coulda done your own homework...but I just replied that with over 200 restaurants at WDW, I only concentrated on telling them about the ones we had to reserve months in advance. I didn't realize he had such an affinity for French street food. My mom said it was all the desserts!
Fran and I split a Croque Monsieur which was just perfect. Mom got the Quiche Florentine in this picture, which she liked very much.

Dad got the Jambon Buerre which was a ham and cheese sandwich on a baguette with butter mustard. He also liked this very much.

For dessert he got a chocolate tart. It disappeared so he must have liked it too!

We also had a Macaron with Raspberries and Lime cream, this probably would have been enough, but I also went for a Creme Brulee and I think that ended up putting me over the top, but more on that later.

I also got a chocolate croissant for Fran for breakfast.

This Bacon and cheese roll was for my breakfast.

Fran wanted to do more shopping. I needed to finish packing so she took off and the rest of us went back to the room. While in the room, I got us fairly well packed. When you have to get dressed the next morning, there is only so much you can put away. I mean who wants to travel without applying their deodorant first. There are certainly some people, I have been seated in their general direction, but I'm not one of them!
Once we were as packed up as we were gonna be, we all dressed up for our last dinner of the trip. We were having dinner very early for us, 5PM, and I think that kinda started Fran's cranky phase. But we'll get to that in a moment.

We headed out to the boat once again and the captain could only take one scooter. Because of her shopping excursion and having taken the path from DHS to Epcot, her charge was already low, so instead of riding her scooter over to the Dolphin, we switched and she rode mine while I took hers on the boat.

I plugged her scooter in outside the restaurant and we were seated. I was not feeling so good. Remember? The Creme Brulee may not have been the best idea? I don't always handle dairy really well. Ice cream often makes me sluggish. Today I was feeling really bloated and like I wanted to burp or worse, so after we were seated, I excused myself to the restroom so as not to do anything embarrassing in a somewhat classy restaurant. Never mind the kids playing tag behind the pillar to our left. :rolleyes1

I wasn't feeling all that much better when I got back so I took a few of the indigestion pills that I keep in my “in-purse-pharmacy” and hoped that would help. What didn’t help is that as I was sitting down I see Fran covertly texting under the table. I got a message, “Who wanted to eat here?”
I sent back, “Dad”.

At some point before the bread arrived, she mouthed to me, “Can we have more than one opinion next time?” She had forgotten that we had looked over the menu and at that time, she had found things she could eat. But now she was unhappy. She didn’t say so, but those of you who've been married a long time know what I'm talking about when your spouse is peeved. Heck! If you know Fran you probably know what I'm talking about!

We placed our orders and they brought us the bread service.

I picked up the big camera to take a picture and realized that the battery I had taken the care to charge fully that morning, was never replaced in the camera. While it wasn't a big deal at dinner, it was kinda crucial for our after dinner plans. At this point Fran offered to take my scooter to go back to the room to get the battery. I figured that was the best solution for her crankies and she did end up coming back in a much better mood.

They brought my parent's entree which they had split, it was a Hawaiian Sea Bass with a Miso Mero sauce and sounded really good, but it was so small a piece so I didn't dare ask for a bite.

I got the seared sea scallops which were served over a braised beef short rib. It sounded to me like a strange combination, but it was actually a fantastic version of surf and turf. And turned out to be just the right amount of food. Because I was feeling icky, I ate very slowly.

The waiter kept Fran's entree (which was the ribs appetizer) hot while she was on the way back. When I saw her enter the restaurant, I was going to flag him down, but he was already on top of it and had her entree ready for her as she sat down. He got a small additional tip for that. I say small additional tip because we were using the TIW card so he was guaranteed 18% as it was, so the additional tip probably put it a little over 20%.

I was still nibbling away at my food and forgot to take a picture of her ribs, but she liked them!
Because everyone ordered small dinners we all had room for dessert.

Everyone ordered the Raspberry filled Beignet. This had to have been the strangest presentation of a dessert I have ever seen! We had to crack open the top (which was hardened sugar).

Inside was the beignet and there was raspberry sorbet and some other tasty little morsels inside. Everyone totally loved it!

Once the check was paid, we headed out to the bus stop. We had a heck of a time finding it and actually had to ask for directions twice, but eventually we got there and just as we did an Animal Kingdom bus pulled up!

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

If you read about our trip in October of 2017, it was our first time visiting Pandora. Also Rivers of Light had recently opened, and it was during the Food & Wine Festival. We were torn in so many directions that we didn't get to do everything. Let's face it, when do you get to do everything you want on a WDW trip? It's why we all keep coming back, right?

Anyways, I had not had the opportunity to see the after dark bioluminescence at Pandora, so we specifically planned the early dinner to get there after dark.

It was cool, and I'm glad that I got to see it, but now I'm good.

Fran offered her scooter to my parents (they had already been switching off riding mine) and she walked out. I made her ride down the hill after we passed through Discovery Island, and when we stopped at the restroom at the bottom of the hill, she insisted on walking again while my parents rode to the spot at the busses where we parted company.

There was a DVC Moonlight Magic event going on at Hollywood Studios. I had registered us for it nearly as soon as it opened up (within 20 minutes). While I registered for four guests, my parents had zero interest in attending. They are not folks who appreciate the value of “Free”. The words “If it's free, it's for me” have resonated throughout many a TR! I remember as a young adult when I would visit my parents (when home from college) there was a winery circuit within easy driving distance of their house. On a given afternoon you could visit as many as five different wineries who may pour anywhere from four to eight tastes of various wines, all for free! I would try to explain this concept to my mom and she just never got on board.

Same with this Disney event. Free Mickey bars and all the rides you want just didn't entice my parents, they were more interested in this thing called sleep.

So they went to the bus stop for the Y&B Club while we went to the bus for Hollywood studios. They had opened the new bus drop off area only days earlier and we got to try it out. Also the vehicles that were hanging from the skyway earlier that day were gone now. Interesting.

We felt like we were swimming upstream as hoardes of crowds were streaming out of the studios as people without wristbands were turned away from various areas of the park and encouraged to leave. By the time we got there, security had been moved back to a single table about 10 ft in front of the tapstiles. At the bag check we realized that we still had my Dad's sweatshirt in Fran's backpack.

Soon we were inside the event and our first order of business was to get some Mickey bars. They were handing them out at various stations throughout the park. These were pretty darned popular, I mean literally CMs were holding boxes of Mickey bars and walking around the crowds who started trying to form a clump outside the booth and just passing them out like trading cards.

Mickey bars secured we headed to SDD, which must have been everyone else's game plan because it had a 40 minute wait, which never let up as long as we were there. I wasn't willing to wait that long, even if it was ½ to ⅓ the wait it was during the day. I had already been on it twice, and it’s not like we were never coming back. I checked the app and ToT and RnRC were only 10 minute waits.

Fran wanted to check out Star Wars Launch Bay. While the stuff was new, I wasn't really thrilled to be sitting there looking at stuff when I could be riding. We could have met Chewie, Darth Vader, Captain Phasma, BB8, and a couple other characters, but it was getting late and I could feel the bags under my eyes. I didn't want my picture taken and I didn't feel like engaging in witty banter with them. So we headed towards RnRC. We ran into Scott and Vinny outside the roller coaster and chatted for a while.

The ride experience was surreal, I walked completely through the queue, the preshow room door was open as was the door out to the immediate ride queue. The preshow was running, but there were only two people standing there watching. There was no line and I literally walked up to the front, there were a handful of people waiting for the front car and I decided that it wasn't worth it to me. I did decline the last car as my head just got too banged around when I rode that Saturday. In the end I got the second car.

It was a great ride, but the long day had taken a toll on me and I just couldn't do it again. I was tired and running out of oomph. I could have gone on ToT, but Fran didn’t want to go with me. She was feeling as weird and tired as me thought some food would help. We had meal vouchers for a QS meal and three of the places the vouchers were valid were just around the corner. In the end we chose Rosie's All American Diner for a cheeseburger and fries.

Fran ate most of her burger and I ate about half of mine before we gave up. It was 11PM and we did have to get up early to finish packing and get our plane. We headed out of the park, but not before Fran got another Mickey bar.

She really did need more Ice Cream!

We headed to the Friendship boat, and the current boat already had two ECVs so we had to wait for the next one. We had a pretty full boat despite the fact that this was a limited event.

Back in the room, my Dad had also realized that we had his sweatshirt and he left this little “note” for us. My family is definitely odd.

We put some more things in the suitcase and I think it was about 2AM when my head finally hit the pillow.

Day 10

The alarm went off at 6AM, we had set three different alarms and then last one went off around 6:20. I almost dozed back off, but I caught myself and got up and dressed. The rest of the process was a blur, we got everything packed up, I drank some V8, ate the last piece of Babybel cheese, and Fran grabbed herself some food. We called Bell Services at about 8:10AM.

I was really sad at the amount of food that we left in the fridge. My dad way over ordered on his berries and yogurt, and I overestimated on the V8. It's hard when you're guessing for other people. My mom suggested we put an unopened V8 in our owner's locker for our Fall trip, she clearly did not understand the degree of packing it takes to close said owner's locker.

Our bags were brought up to the airline check in area and once I flashed my ID, I went and got a cup of coffee in the Solarium around the corner. By the time I got back, my parents were also on their way to check their luggage, and ours was going on the carts. We said our goodbyes and Fran and I went to wait for the Magical Depress. Actually I was ready to go home. Not that it wasn't fun, but I was feeling a lot like we were tour guides 24/7 and it was a little tiring. Plus I missed the kitties. I always do.

Once on the bus I mostly played my Mahjong game, but as we were leaving the Caribbean Beach resort I saw these gondola cars waiting to go into use.

By the time we go back the Skyway will be yet another form of transport between some of the resorts and parks. At least I think so….

And then we were on the way to the airport. We were well in advance of our flight and calmly went through security and waited at the gate for our flight. I ate about half of my bacon cheese roll, but it was just too much for me. It probably would have been better warmed as well.

The first flight wasn't full, and I tried to sleep but I don't think I ever completely drifted off.

There was no drama when changing flights either. We changed planes in Indianapolis and our gate where we got off the plane was right across from where we would be boarding. In fact it was a longer walk to the restroom than it was between gates. Back in the air I got out my computer and bought the WiFi since this flight was over 4 hours. We were served snacks and I think this made up my lunch ffor the day. What a sorry last picture for my Trip Report!

We landed at about quarter to 5, but didnt end up getting home until almost three hours later. Between restroom stops, LAX changing the location of the parking lot shuttles, traffic, and a stop at the grocery store, it seemed like forever before I was walking in the front door to greet all my kitties.

Another fun trip in the books!

And so to end this TR on a sad note, but cute pictures, one of "the white things" aka little old lady cats passed away over the weekend of the EPIC West coast mini meet. So here's a few pictures. She came to us as a little kitten and had a long and fulfilling life.

So sorry to hear about your kitty. We came back from out DLR/D23 trip to a dead pet bird, and even worse - our "pet sitter" had neglected to feed the pets a couple days - so she had starved to death. (The kitties were OK.) We found out about this on the trip...but is still a rough homecoming. (BTW - that pet sitter will not be sitting our pets no more.)

Thanks for sharing the skyliner picture - there's been a lot of conjecture over it, I'm so glad it's going on line soon. We are excited to ride it next month, and then likely we'll also use it in February as we have a dinner ADR at Topolino's @ Riviera.

Seemed like you had a very busy last day! Three different parks and one of them twice!

and then took my last tub
This sounds chillingly final.

No. Wait.
It would be hot.
This sounds toasty warmly final.
Then I made the label on my computer in the room and emailed it to the business center.
Oh! I never would've thought of that.
(Files away for future reference.)
Fran told me that she had made the next boat and I knew that with how slow my parents walked, she would have no trouble catching up to us.
Because she drives that scooter like she's in the Indianapolis 500?
we made a stop for the potty ride
I just wish that the photos would have downloaded to my PP account.
Tons of people were having that problem with SDD. I wonder if they (Disney) finally got it resolved?
Thank goodness we had FP cause this was the standby wait.
Nobody really had any desire to go on those rides, but everyone had a strong desire for lunch.
:laughing: The spirit isn't really willing, 'cause the flesh is on the BBQ?
The boat could only take one scooter,
Really? I didn't know that. seems... inadequate.
so Fran opted to take the trail, and she beat us by a substantial amount, in fact she was already in the restaurant securing a table as we were unloading from the boat.
See???? Indy 500!
“Why am I just now, on the last day, finding out about this place?”

I dunno? You coulda done your own homework...
:rolleyes1

Also the same type of person who says "Don't worry. We'll make a reservation when we get there."
(That's my dad.)
Dad got the Jambon Buerre which was a ham and cheese sandwich on a baguette with butter mustard. He also liked this very much.
mmm... that sounds good.
For dessert he got a chocolate tart. It disappeared so he must have liked it too!
Or he dropped it on the floor and was too embarrassed to pick it up so just kicked it under the table.
You should ask him.
I mean who wants to travel without applying their deodorant first.
Ew... :crazy2:
I was not feeling so good. Remember? The Creme Brulee may not have been the best idea?
Oh dear. Sorry about that.
What didn’t help is that as I was sitting down I see Fran covertly texting under the table. I got a message, “Who wanted to eat here?”
I sent back, “Dad”.
Um... Someone is none too pleased with the dining arrangements!
She didn’t say so, but those of you who've been married a long time know what I'm talking about when your spouse is peeved.
:rolleyes1
Heck! If you know Fran you probably know what I'm talking about!
We love you Fran!
I picked up the big camera to take a picture and realized that the battery I had taken the care to charge fully that morning, was never replaced in the camera.
But the good news is that I bet it's fully charged by now!!

No? Not so good?
At this point Fran offered to take my scooter to go back to the room to get the battery. I figured that was the best solution for her crankies and she did end up coming back in a much better mood.
Sure! She got to zoom around Disney running over the unwary and un-swift.
I got the seared sea scallops which were served over a braised beef short rib. It sounded to me like a strange combination, but it was actually a fantastic version of surf and turf.
Huh! That does sound... a bit odd. But it worked out!
The waiter kept Fran's entree (which was the ribs appetizer) hot while she was on the way back. When I saw her enter the restaurant, I was going to flag him down, but he was already on top of it and had her entree ready for her as she sat down. He got a small additional tip for that.
That's good service. :)
I would've tipped more too.
Everyone ordered the Raspberry filled Beignet. This had to have been the strangest presentation of a dessert I have ever seen! We had to crack open the top (which was hardened sugar).
That thing looks... weird.
But it sounds like it was good. :)
Let's face it, when do you get to do everything you want on a WDW trip? It's why we all keep coming back, right?
Never and...
Yes.
Anyways, I had not had the opportunity to see the after dark bioluminescence at Pandora, so we specifically planned the early dinner to get there after dark.
Yes.
I recommend it over ROL.
Now that I find boring.
It was cool, and I'm glad that I got to see it, but now I'm good.
It definitely loses its luster after the first time.

(See what I did there?)
The words “If it's free, it's for me” have resonated throughout many a TR!
they were more interested in this thing called sleep.
Sleep? what is that?
Soon we were inside the event and our first order of business was to get some Mickey bars. They were handing them out at various stations throughout the park. These were pretty darned popular, I mean literally CMs were holding boxes of Mickey bars and walking around the crowds who started trying to form a clump outside the booth and just passing them out like trading cards.
Holy crap! It's a Mickey Bar extravaganza!
Mickey bars secured we headed to SDD, which must have been everyone else's game plan because it had a 40 minute wait, which never let up as long as we were there. I wasn't willing to wait that long, even if it was ½ to ⅓ the wait it was during the day.
I get that. I think I'd be tempted to ride it just to see the standby queue, though.
The ride experience was surreal, I walked completely through the queue, the preshow room door was open as was the door out to the immediate ride queue. The preshow was running, but there were only two people standing there watching.
I've never seen that!
She really did need more Ice Cream!
But of course. We all do. ::yes::
Back in the room, my Dad had also realized that we had his sweatshirt and he left this little “note” for us. My family is definitely odd.
My mom suggested we put an unopened V8 in our owner's locker for our Fall trip, she clearly did not understand the degree of packing it takes to close said owner's locker.
Well... neither do I, actually.
Actually I was ready to go home. Not that it wasn't fun, but I was feeling a lot like we were tour guides 24/7 and it was a little tiring.
I totally get that too.
I need my alone time to recharge. When you're a tour guide, you don't get that time.
By the time we go back the Skyway will be yet another form of transport between some of the resorts and parks. At least I think so….
Slated for end of September now.
We landed at about quarter to 5, but didnt end up getting home until almost three hours later.
:eek:
Holy crap!
one of "the white things" aka little old lady cats passed away over the weekend of the EPIC West coast mini meet.
Oh, gee. I'm sorry to hear that Alison.
She came to us as a little kitten and had a long and fulfilling life.
:hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!