Don't We Need More Ice Cream? - A F&G Trip Report - The End. Period. Paragraph. 1/27

That steak looks fantastic. We are going to Yachtsman for our Christmas dinner so we are pretty excited to try something new.

What a great idea for Christmas Dinner. I will probably make yet another Prime Rib, potatoes, green beans, and Yorkshire Pudding.

Oof - Yachtsman's always makes me drool!

It's very tasty! I need to make a trip out to S55 which is also drool worthy.

Not me. I know where to find you. ;)

That's either really sweet or eerily stalker like....

I watched the first few minutes and spotted Fran right away. Haven't seen you, yet. It'll have to wait until I'm at a computer that I can see that (I peeked on my phone at work, but small screen.)

She's easy to see cause she's right up front and obvious in her scooter. Me I'm in the second row on the right if you're in the band, left if you're looking at us.

I don't think I knew it was the next day.

Her friend saw the sign go up that night and let her know. She waited all night to call (not too early) and set up an appointment for that day and turned in her application.

Nope. I don't even remember what day it is, so..

Then I'll be sure to remind my readers where we left off.

Oh really. Huh. Interesting choice. I think I would've just left the muppets, but... whatever.

The Muppets have been gone for years, the space has largely gone unused.

:laughing: Fran's sneaky! And quick, apparently!

Well we already knew that.

Because of the low, low price, I presume?

I guess. I think she thought it was a major deal.

:sad2: There's a reason why they say "you get what you pay for"... because you usually do.

Yup. She got me a water bottle, same brand as I already have, again $9.95 instead of $40. Evidently it was a knock off. This bottle sweats when the water inside is cold. My expensive bottles do not.

To the trash bin, I hope.

Well, donated to Out of the Closet.

Good plan. Save room for the reason you're there.

And I guess lunch was late and filling.

I've heard of him. :)

And how was the steak?

The steak was really good. At home I have mine with horseradish, but this one was very tasty all by itself.

Oops. Sorry. Usually when a TR is finished, I don't bother going back to check for more updates. It's easier for me to associate one TR with an author at a time!

That's why I just use the watched threads link, much less to keep track of. Good thing you don't follow chunkymonkey, she has as many as three going at one time!

Hey, look at you! They must have known who the big draws would be.

Well maybe not, but it was nice to be featured!

Well, yeah, that will get me to come over and visit!

Cool.

I always enjoy it. It captures the Muppets spirit.

It is cute and timeless!

Of course you did. The Vader scene doesn't exist.

Didn't you finally get that one once? :rolleyes1

Wow, she got the turbo-charged scooter!

Yes, she did! Hers is called the GoGo Sport!

I'm in Disney World! I don't give a flying @#$% about some pan on a website I've never heard of!

Exactly!

Mmmm...Yachtsman...

Sorry your dad wasn't feeling up to it.

Now I want another steak.

Hope everyone got rested and was less cranky in the morning!

Oh we had a much better morning planned!

👏 really enjoyed it

Thanks!

fingers crossed you will be fulled rented for a bit longer

Hopefully a while now. So frustrating.

Gotta love the Muppets- classic!

::yes::

We had a lot of fun with these guys wandering around when we were in DL, over by Space though.

They probably won't be there now that they have their own land.

Note to self! What sort of pan was it?

It was kind of like this, but not quite as deep.

My kind of parents.

They are fun!

Yum yum yum!! I love butter so much. Add salt and 😍

I love when I can have good butter, not just the regular Costco kind.

👏Your steak looks spot on.

It was, and a big portion too!

Day 6

I woke up fairly early and since we had nothing much on the schedule today, I just went back to sleep. It was around 7:30 before I got up to take a tub, but first I started the load of laundry from last night drying. By 10:30 it was still drying and this was pretty much one pair of pants. Everything else was hang drying in the shower!

But back to the day, after a relaxing tub soak, I got around to making breakfast. I went up to the Marketplace looking for Mozzarella cheese, but ended up with Babybel instead. I wonder if all that “advertising” at DHS had anything to with my choice, or just the fact that that was the cheapest cheese that would serve my purpose.

I had leftover meatballs and bread from my parent's first night, so I made these little meatball sliders.

They were good, but I couldn't eat the whole thing as I didn't want to ruin my appetite for Beaches and Cream. I just spent the rest of the morning puttering around the villa. Doing laundry, playing games on the tablet, watching George. Finally I got Fran out of bed and dressed, right in time to got to lunch.

We had a 12 o'clock reservation and no one wanted to ruin their appetites for dessert, so we all ordered some combination of grilled cheese and tomato bisque. Fran got the S'mores shake.

Dad got the Guiness Float.

Mom and Dad each got the tomato bisque.

Fran and I split the grilled cheese and tomato bisque. The grilled cheeses was really good! The tomato soup wasn’t bad, but even still it was a very large portion.

Fran and I ordered the Old Fashioned Sundae with three scoops of ice cream, Hot Fudge, Caramel sauce, and no nuts or cherry.

My Mom got a cone with Cookies and Cream.

My Dad didn't get anything because he was sure that Fran and I wouldn't finish the Sundae. While I did give up about a third of the way through, she persevered. Never underestimate Fran and her ice cream!

As we were leaving Beaches and Cream there was a woman outside doing a photoshoot with her little dog. She was really into it, combing the dog’s hair and getting every last detail just perfect. I asked if I could take a picture cause it was so cute. She seemed annoyed that I was taking up her time, but let me do so. I just snapped my picture quick-like. Not sure why it was such rocket science.

We went back to the room with my parents and then left them there! My mom had a spa appointment at 3PM and I had one at 4PM, but first, Fran and I were making a mad dash to DHS. Originally we had planned this to be a “no park” day because I despise weekends in the parks. However, I was able to get a SDD FP for 3:05, so I also found a ToT for 2PM. We arrived at DHS via the Friendship boat at just about 2PM in time for our 1st FP.

When we pulled up to ToT one of the bellhops came to get our MBs, scanned them and then took us through the exit right to the line up to get on the elevator.

I totally forgot how much better this version is than the one that used to be at DCA. There was none of that part about the car traveling through the Twilight Zone, space dissipating, and plunging you into total darkness before you begin your drops of terror. So much fun!

Fran got a robe and some T-shirts in the dump store. She also got a reusable bag that said Hollywood Studios and the CM made the mistake of telling her that each park had it's own bag, challenge issued!

Then we headed to the next FP, the whole reason we made the trip over here, for me to ride SDD. Originally I would have gone on it twice, but I booked a massage and the only time they could accommodate me was 4PM and the FP was for 3:05. So it was going to be quite the dash back to the BCV after the ride!

Here I am waiting for my slinky dog.

And here we go!

I entered the FP queue at 3:00 on the dot and was done with the ride by 3:12. I debated riding the ride again, but since I had to be at the massage at 3:45, I bailed. My pictures never showed up on the photopass website. :sad2:

Fran and I met back up, and we rode the path together back to the hotels. Even though we still had some of the ice cream sampler and the ooey gooey butter cake ice cream left in the freezer, AND we had just polished off a giant sundae at Beaches and Cream, Fran felt the need to pick up some more ice cream from Ample Farms Creamery. So when we got to the split for the Boardwalk and Y&BC, she took the turn for the BW and I headed toward the Y&BC,

I actually made it in plenty of time. Turns out that I did not need to be there 15 minutes early, and could have rode SDD a second time. :headache:

The massage was awesome, and very relaxing. My mom was wrapping up her treatments as I was paying so I waited for her to get changed and we went back to the room together.

We had about an hour until we had to catch the bus to Disney Springs. We got to the bus stop well within the time frame I had set forth. I figured that we needed to be at the bus stop by 6:35 so we could catch a bus between then and 7PM. Well the bus that came by already had a wheelchair rider so we would have had to split up our party. They dispatched another bus and by the time it got listed on the screen at the bus stop at 6:51, it said that the bus would be there at 7:11. Turns out it was about 5 minutes early and we were on our way.

If I had realized that tonight was St. Patty's Day, there is no way that i would have chosen Morimoto Asia for tonight's dinner.

Raglan Road is right across the way and they had blocked off the entire street between that restaurant and Morimoto Asia. I got slightly disoriented with all of the new construction and took a wrong turn, taking us a longer way to the restaurant. I expected to come from above and go down the “street” that Raglan Road had blocked off complete with railings and Sheriff's officers.

After going around the block past the Boathouse, and Cookes of Dublin we found Morimoto Asia. We had to have them move the barriers so that we could park next to the restaurant, but finally we got in.

We were seated promptly, evidently no one at Disney Springs wanted Asian on this evening. There were lots of empty tables.

We got an order of Edamame for the table.

My Mom and Dad both ordered Miso Soup.

Me, Fran and my Mom shared a few things. I got Maguro (Tuna) Nigiri. Every time I order here it's always been some of the freshest best tasting fish I've ever had.

Mom got a couple pieces of Hamachi (Yellow Tail) and a piece of Aji (Spanish Mackerel).

Fran ordered the Spider Roll as her entree, and then offered to share it with everyone.

So my Mom got the Shrimp tempura Roll, and shared with everyone.

I got dumplings and offered to share, but my Mom was the only one who took me up on it. Evidently I neglected to take a picture of them. Dad's sushi combination, 2 Tuna, ebi, yellowtail, shake, mackerel, halibut, unagi, snapper, tomago, Yellowtail roll.

Fran, myself, and my Mom also shared this Beef Lo Mein. This was so good! Much better than the last time, there were big chunks of marinated beef. Not slivers like the last time.

This is the bottle of Sake that we shared.

We declined dessert, as Fran had again stopped at Ample Hills Creamery while I was at the spa, and got like six cups of Ice Cream to go and they were in the freezer.

It was still pretty busy outside at Disney Springs.

The bus ride home was uneventful, but it was pretty cold for March in Florida. We were back at the resort by 10PM and I was in bed before 11PM. I'm not sure I even stayed awake to watch the 11PM news, I turned it on, but don't remember any of it!

That's either really sweet or eerily stalker like....
I'll go with... the latter.

:magnify:

:rotfl:
She's easy to see cause she's right up front and obvious in her scooter. Me I'm in the second row on the right if you're in the band, left if you're looking at us.
Ah! Thanks. :)
The Muppets have been gone for years, the space has largely gone unused.
If it's vacant... then I wonder why they took them out?
Well we already knew that.
:laughing:
Yup. She got me a water bottle, same brand as I already have, again $9.95 instead of $40. Evidently it was a knock off. This bottle sweats when the water inside is cold. My expensive bottles do not.
:sad2:
Well, donated to Out of the Closet.
I don't know what that is, but can guess.

I woke up fairly early and since we had nothing much on the schedule today, I just went back to sleep. It was around 7:30 before I got up to take a tub,
You must've gotten up even earlier than usual for you.
Everything else was hang drying in the shower!
Would've made for an interesting view while you were bathing.
I went up to the Marketplace looking for Mozzarella cheese, but ended up with Babybel instead. I wonder if all that “advertising” at DHS had anything to with my choice, or just the fact that that was the cheapest cheese that would serve my purpose.
I was wondering the same thing as soon as I read you chose Babybel.
I made these little meatball sliders.
Whoa, those look good!
Fran got the S'mores shake.
That's not been on my radar... maybe it should be. :)
Nope! Definitely not on my radar.
Fran and I split the grilled cheese and tomato bisque. The grilled cheeses was really good! The tomato soup wasn’t bad, but even still it was a very large portion.
I thought the bisque was okay, but liked the sandwich.
Fran and I ordered the Old Fashioned Sundae with three scoops of ice cream, Hot Fudge, Caramel sauce, and no nuts or cherry.
mmmmm…. Yep!
My Dad didn't get anything because he was sure that Fran and I wouldn't finish the Sundae. While I did give up about a third of the way through, she persevered. Never underestimate Fran and her ice cream!
:laughing: Did he pout? I would have!
No... I would've ordered my own. ;)
As we were leaving Beaches and Cream there was a woman outside doing a photoshoot with her little dog. She was really into it, combing the dog’s hair and getting every last detail just perfect. I asked if I could take a picture cause it was so cute. She seemed annoyed that I was taking up her time, but let me do so. I just snapped my picture quick-like. Not sure why it was such rocket science.
Be interesting to see her photos and compare. See if they were that much better. If at all.
We went back to the room with my parents and then left them there!
"Where they still are to this day. Lonely. Alone. In the dark."
However, I was able to get a SDD FP for 3:05, so I also found a ToT for 2PM.
Nice!
I totally forgot how much better this version is than the one that used to be at DCA. There was none of that part about the car traveling through the Twilight Zone, space dissipating, and plunging you into total darkness before you begin your drops of terror. So much fun!
::yes:: It's such a good ride. The drop part is secondary, almost.

Almost.
She also got a reusable bag that said Hollywood Studios and the CM made the mistake of telling her that each park had it's own bag, challenge issued!
I entered the FP queue at 3:00 on the dot and was done with the ride by 3:12.
Quick!
My pictures never showed up on the photopass website. :sad2:
Not at all surprised. It's starting to sound like they have the bugs worked out, but... lots of people were missing their photos.
Even though we still had some of the ice cream sampler and the ooey gooey butter cake ice cream left in the freezer, AND we had just polished off a giant sundae at Beaches and Cream, Fran felt the need to pick up some more ice cream from Ample Farms Creamery.
:faint:
Turns out that I did not need to be there 15 minutes early, and could have rode SDD a second time. :headache:
Well... poop.
If I had realized that tonight was St. Patty's Day, there is no way that i would have chosen Morimoto Asia for tonight's dinner.

Raglan Road is right across the way and they had blocked off the entire street between that restaurant and Morimoto Asia.
So... you wouldn't have chosen Morimoto because of the fact it's across from Raglan Rd? Or you would have gone to Raglan Rd?
Fran, myself, and my Mom also shared this Beef Lo Mein. This was so good! Much better than the last time, there were big chunks of marinated beef. Not slivers like the last time.
Good to know. Might consider this. :)
We declined dessert, as Fran had again stopped at Ample Hills Creamery while I was at the spa, and got like six cups of Ice Cream to go and they were in the freezer.
Again!

I've never tried one! Now I'm intrigued!

I did enjoy this when I got it in Sept last year!
LOL it does seem like she loves her ice cream!

Haha how cute! The lady could have probably been nicer but she was probably worried something would happen to her "perfect" shot if she waited. But she should be flattered someone would want a picture of her dog!
She also got a reusable bag that said Hollywood Studios and the CM made the mistake of telling her that each park had it's own bag, challenge issued!
Oh yeah I got one in each park, not of every size though. I do like the AK ones the best though, I feel like they are mot neutral and pretty.
Then we headed to the next FP, the whole reason we made the trip over here, for me to ride SDD. Originally I would have gone on it twice, but I booked a massage and the only time they could accommodate me was 4PM and the FP was for 3:05. So it was going to be quite the dash back to the BCV after the ride!
That does not leave much time especially when you miss a boat and have to wait for the next one!
Fran and I met back up, and we rode the path together back to the hotels. Even though we still had some of the ice cream sampler and the ooey gooey butter cake ice cream left in the freezer, AND we had just polished off a giant sundae at Beaches and Cream, Fran felt the need to pick up some more ice cream from Ample Farms Creamery. So when we got to the split for the Boardwalk and Y&BC, she took the turn for the BW and I headed toward the Y&BC,
Definitely loves her ice cream, that Fran!

Raglan Road is right across the way and they had blocked off the entire street between that restaurant and Morimoto Asia. I got slightly disoriented with all of the new construction and took a wrong turn, taking us a longer way to the restaurant. I expected to come from above and go down the “street” that Raglan Road had blocked off complete with railings and Sheriff's officers.
Haha you mentioned this on my TR!
We were seated promptly, evidently no one at Disney Springs wanted Asian on this evening. There were lots of empty tables.
Hence you got your sushi quickly!
Looks amazing!

That does look really good!

It was around 7:30 before I got up to take a tub, but first I started the load of laundry from last night drying. By 10:30 it was still drying and this was pretty much one pair of pants.

Powerful equipment they have there.

I don't quite understand the appeal of trying to put ice cream and beer together. I enjoy both...separately.

While I did give up about a third of the way through, she persevered. Never underestimate Fran and her ice cream!

That's willpower!

Hey, you can't rush art.

Yes. Fun.

I did think the effect of the elevator leaving the shaft was cool. I can see why DCA's version would have been disappointing that way.

:rotfl2:

I entered the FP queue at 3:00 on the dot and was done with the ride by 3:12. I debated riding the ride again, but since I had to be at the massage at 3:45, I bailed. My pictures never showed up on the photopass website. :sad2:

Well, dang. That was awfully quick.

Even though we still had some of the ice cream sampler and the ooey gooey butter cake ice cream left in the freezer, AND we had just polished off a giant sundae at Beaches and Cream, Fran felt the need to pick up some more ice cream from Ample Farms Creamery.

Wow. Is it possible to get a monopoly on ice cream? Just wondering.

I actually made it in plenty of time. Turns out that I did not need to be there 15 minutes early, and could have rode SDD a second time. :headache:

Son of a...

Raglan Road is right across the way and they had blocked off the entire street between that restaurant and Morimoto Asia.

Oh, man. I never would have thought of that! Sounds like a zoo.

We got an order of Edamame for the table.

Why?

:rotfl2:

Holy crap. We might need an intervention at this point.

I had leftover meatballs and bread from my parent's first night, so I made these little meatball sliders.

I love meatballs, bread and cheese 👍
Yum! Was the balance of marshmallow flavour/chocolate/graham cracker good?

I'm not sure about this- I like Guiness, but have never thought about it with ice cream

Yes, lay this one on me too. although I'd prob take the nuts

Well that's odd..the dog looks PO'd to me

I love how the car travels!

Fran ride pic! Yay!

actually made it in plenty of time. Turns out that I did not need to be there 15 minutes early, and could have rode SDD a second time. :headache:
That's a p*ss off for sure

Yum yum!
I'm still learning to like a lot of sushi myself, so prefer a dish like this, then try various sushi from D etc

This is the bottle of Sake that we shared.

I've never really drank Sake, gotta give it a try one of these days

I'm finally caught up! The ice cream pictures inspired me to grab my own Hagen Daasz out of the freezer.

We didn't hit many of the Flower & Garden booths this year; I am regretting it after your photos.

Nope, not waiting 45 minutes for a ride that I’m pretty sure will make me sick. I feel ill after riding Tow Mater’s Jamboree and this one is based on that.

I've never been on the Tow Mater ride, and I have zero desire to ride "A.S.S.".

z19FG0316HS05.jpg

This looks good to me too.

I got one of my better scores, and turned out to be “Best in Vehicle” but I wasn't quick enough on the picture since I never expected to hold that honor!

I have never been best in vehicle - it's always Dan :( I feel like he should at least let me win once, lol.

I had noticed the huge line when we were inside looking for a table and immediately realized that mobile ordering was the way to go.

I seriously love mobile ordering. Speeds up the gluten free order process and I don't have to awkwardly stand at the counter for 20 minutes+.

Not only were we on it, but we were right up front and center! I've included a link to the TV coverage. We appear in there right around minutes 3-4, take a listen if you like.

Btw - loved this!

I don't think my Mom ever really got onboard with the whole concept of wait to take pictures!

This is why I don't do trip reports 😹. I can never remember to take a picture of the food first!

That picture is cute. Dog moms can be crazy!

Hoooo boy, yeah that's rough. Someone once told me they went to Raglan for St. Patrick's Day and, in describing it to me, indicated that she had never been. "Oh it wasn't that crazy!" Oh, okay lady.

I got Maguro (Tuna) Nigiri. Every time I order here it's always been some of the freshest best tasting fish I've ever had.

This and the sake look delicious! I like sake, but honestly know nothing about it. 😜

And all caught up here too!! YAY!! ToT, my fave! All that sushi looked divine. Mmm!

Interesting they blocked off that space for March 17! That'd be quiite a sight to see that day!

I'll go with... the latter.

:magnify:

:rotfl:

:eek: You. Are. A. Freak.

:lmao:

If it's vacant... then I wonder why they took them out?

I think it cost more to staff it than guests were visiting. Since locals really feed the park, they need to keep it fresh and changing. Just the evidence of what happened with Galaxy's Edge. They scared away all the traveling crowds so they are appealing to locals to bring attendance back up.

I don't know what that is, but can guess.

It a thrift shop chain in So Cal that gives profits to AIDS Heathcare research.

You must've gotten up even earlier than usual for you.

I don't remember, but it was probably 5:30AM.

Would've made for an interesting view while you were bathing.

Why? The shower is in the "other bathroom" where the toilet is. The tub is in it's own bathroom with a sink and the closet.

I was wondering the same thing as soon as I read you chose Babybel.

It was also the cheapest, like $3.50 or so, the other cheese were about $6.

Whoa, those look good!

I'm a master of leftovers. I have to do something appealing with them if I'm going to eat them.

That's not been on my radar... maybe it should be.

I thought it was pretty good.

Nope! Definitely not on my radar.

No, not mine either. I can see where Guiness would be better than other beers since it is almost chocolatey, but I'll stick with Root Beer.

I thought the bisque was okay, but liked the sandwich

I had the same conclusion. Then again, it's hard for me to go wrong with a grilled cheese. Unless you do something silly like put tomatoes or kale in it.

:laughing: Did he pout? I would have!
No... I would've ordered my own. ;)

We told him that they had small sized (half portion) sundaes, but he truly underestimated Fran.

Be interesting to see her photos and compare. See if they were that much better. If at all.

I would be curious, but I have no idea who she was.

"Where they still are to this day. Lonely. Alone. In the dark."

:laughing: :rotfl: :lmao:

::yes:: It's such a good ride. The drop part is secondary, almost.

Almost.

But that first part is so much better than any part of the DCA one. It was pretty much all about the drops. It's so much better now!

Not at all surprised. It's starting to sound like they have the bugs worked out, but... lots of people were missing their photos.

Hopefully in October they will work for me. Mine didn't work on Pirates either. I still think it's my MB.

So... you wouldn't have chosen Morimoto because of the fact it's across from Raglan Rd? Or you would have gone to Raglan Rd?

I would not have even set foot at Disney Springs.

Good to know. Might consider this. :)

I've had it there twice. Very tasty.

:eek: You. Are. A. Freak.

:lmao:
Takes one to know one.

;)

I think it cost more to staff it than guests were visiting. Since locals really feed the park, they need to keep it fresh and changing. Just the evidence of what happened with Galaxy's Edge. They scared away all the traveling crowds so they are appealing to locals to bring attendance back up.
Ok. Makes sense.
It a thrift shop chain in So Cal that gives profits to AIDS Heathcare research.
Oh! Even better. :)
Why? The shower is in the "other bathroom" where the toilet is. The tub is in it's own bathroom with a sink and the closet.
Oh, okay. I thought there was just one, so the clothes were hanging (and dripping) just above you.
I'm a master of leftovers. I have to do something appealing with them if I'm going to eat them.
:worship:
No, not mine either. I can see where Guiness would be better than other beers since it is almost chocolatey, but I'll stick with Root Beer.
Me too! Root Beer floats are the best!
I had the same conclusion. Then again, it's hard for me to go wrong with a grilled cheese. Unless you do something silly like put tomatoes or kale in it.
:eek: Why would anyone do something as crazy as that??????
We told him that they had small sized (half portion) sundaes, but he truly underestimated Fran.
ut that first part is so much better than any part of the DCA one. It was pretty much all about the drops. It's so much better now!
I was expecting to not like Guardians that much, but... dang that was fun.
I would not have even set foot at Disney Springs.
Got it. :)

I've never tried one! Now I'm intrigued!

I wouldn't mind trying it, but in a small portion....

I did enjoy this when I got it in Sept last year!

It's one of several good entrees they have there.

LOL it does seem like she loves her ice cream!

Yes, it does, and there's more!

Haha how cute! The lady could have probably been nicer but she was probably worried something would happen to her "perfect" shot if she waited. But she should be flattered someone would want a picture of her dog!

I'm sure she didn't like that I was taking up time for her perfect shot.

Oh yeah I got one in each park, not of every size though. I do like the AK ones the best though, I feel like they are mot neutral and pretty.

Now they have them at DL, and Galaxy's Edge.

That does not leave much time especially when you miss a boat and have to wait for the next one!

Which is why we planned on taking the path back so that we weren't at the mercy of the boats.

Definitely loves her ice cream, that Fran!

Yes she does!

Haha you mentioned this on my TR!

It was a total zoo!

Hence you got your sushi quickly!

We also didn't order the other food until after the sushi came. It took us a while to decide on most of our order, but we knew about the rolls and nigiri right away.

Looks amazing!

They do great sushi here!

That does look really good!

I'm a sucker for noodles.

Powerful equipment they have there.

I hate that washer/dryer and I'm afraid that I will have it again in October.

I don't quite understand the appeal of trying to put ice cream and beer together. I enjoy both...separately.

I can see Guiness with ice cream more than any other beer, but I'm still not so sure....

That's willpower!

She's not a quitter!

Hey, you can't rush art.

Yes. Fun.

I did think the effect of the elevator leaving the shaft was cool. I can see why DCA's version would have been disappointing that way.

Yeah, it was pretty much an up and down dropping. Now with the various scenes with the GotG and the tunes, it's really fun.

Well, dang. That was awfully quick.

Yeah, it was pretty quick.

Wow. Is it possible to get a monopoly on ice cream? Just wondering.

I have thought about that...but then I would be spending to make profits.

Son of a...

I know. :sad2:

Oh, man. I never would have thought of that! Sounds like a zoo.

It never occurred to me either until we walked up on it and the street was blocked off.

Ask my mom, she loves those things.

Holy crap. We might need an intervention at this point.

:rotfl2: :lmao: :laughing:

I love meatballs, bread and cheese 👍

Hard to go wrong with that combo!

Yum! Was the balance of marshmallow flavour/chocolate/graham cracker good?

I imagine so, it was really good, but I didn't consider that when I was eating, just whether or not it tasted good.

I'm not sure about this- I like Guiness, but have never thought about it with ice cream

I hadn't either. I'm a little curious now. Maybe I could try it at home with a shot glass or something.

Yes, lay this one on me too. although I'd prob take the nuts

Nuts, cilantro, coconut, nope. Well OK, I'll eat the cashews and peanuts in Costco's trail mix, but not in soft things. Brownies, sundaes, nope.

Well that's odd..the dog looks PO'd to me

I literally LOL'd at this one. Showed it to Fran and she didn't get it.

I love how the car travels!

Makes the ride so much better.

Fran ride pic! Yay!

They are very rare.

That's a p*ss off for sure

Ya gotta roll with the punches.

Yum yum!
I'm still learning to like a lot of sushi myself, so prefer a dish like this, then try various sushi from D etc

Because of Fran's arthritis (and her immune system supressing drugs) she avoids the raw sushi. When we go out we usually split cooked cooked rolls, like Shrimp Tempura, Soft Shell Crab (deep fried), She likes the Philadelphia Roll (salmon and cream cheese), sometimes we get California rolls. I also like the scallop hand roll, that's raw.

I'm finally caught up! The ice cream pictures inspired me to grab my own Hagen Daasz out of the freezer.

Good for you! We can't keep ice cream in the freezer, cause Fran eats it all! :laughing:

We didn't hit many of the Flower & Garden booths this year; I am regretting it after your photos.

That is the highlight for me! Topiaries are secondary.

I've never been on the Tow Mater ride, and I have zero desire to ride "A.S.S.".

I like Tow Mater better cause of the fun songs he sings.

This looks good to me too.

Not sure when I'm going to get there, next trip we have an ADR for Prime Time.

I have never been best in vehicle - it's always Dan :( I feel like he should at least let me win once, lol.

Really! He totally should!

I seriously love mobile ordering. Speeds up the gluten free order process and I don't have to awkwardly stand at the counter for 20 minutes+.

I can totally see that, dealing with food allergies is much easier when it's cut and dried on a computer.

Btw - loved this!

Thanks for watching!

This is why I don't do trip reports 😹. I can never remember to take a picture of the food first!
That picture is cute. Dog moms can be crazy!

So can cat moms!

Hoooo boy, yeah that's rough. Someone once told me they went to Raglan for St. Patrick's Day and, in describing it to me, indicated that she had never been. "Oh it wasn't that crazy!" Oh, okay lady.

It was crazy....there were cops all over.

I've never really drank Sake, gotta give it a try one of these days

It's good see below.

This and the sake look delicious! I like sake, but honestly know nothing about it. 😜

I've been drinking it for a while, ever since I started eating sushi. However, it was probably somewhere around 10 years ago that I stopped drinking the hot stuff and started with cold sakes. About that same time my mom did a sake tasting with her wine club. The club has been meeting for almost 50 years now. Once a month they gather at a member's house, they call it "Third Friday Tasting", the member gets to choose the varietal of wine and appetizers.

These were the sakes she served.

There were various Asian themed appetizers served as well.

Edamamme

Rolls

Dumplings

Scallion Pancakes

And Frushi, not the gross kind from Epcot where it's dipped in coconut.

She also had cheese for those who weren't into the Asian appetizers.

And all caught up here too!! YAY!! ToT, my fave! All that sushi looked divine. Mmm!

Yay for being caught up! I'm trying to get there too!

Interesting they blocked off that space for March 17! That'd be quiite a sight to see that day!

I never even expected it! Hence why I made the mistake of being there on St. Patty's Day.

Yay for being caught up! I'm trying to get there too!

All you gotta do to get hopelessly behind is be away for a few short days. Easy.
I never even expected it! Hence why I made the mistake of being there on St. Patty's Day.
It's not usually on my radar. My mom would ALWAYS make the "traditional" St. Patty's Day fare and I did for my kids when they were younger, but it's since fallen by the wayside.

Takes one to know one.

Oh, okay. I thought there was just one, so the clothes were hanging (and dripping) just above you.

We stay in the swanky one bedrooms, no combination tub/shower for me! :teeth:

Me too! Root Beer floats are the best!

::yes::

:eek: Why would anyone do something as crazy as that??????

Remember I live in LA. People do dumb things with food here.

I was expecting to not like Guardians that much, but... dang that was fun.

I was skeptical my first time, but it's one of my favorite rides now!

All you gotta do to get hopelessly behind is be away for a few short days. Easy.

Yup tell me about it. I have like five more threads to catch up on. Including yours.

It's not usually on my radar. My mom would ALWAYS make the "traditional" St. Patty's Day fare and I did for my kids when they were younger, but it's since fallen by the wayside.

I never even knew what the Traditional dinner was until I met Fran, never had it before either. Reminds me, I have a couple corned beefs in the freezer. Need to put them in the dining rotation.

Day 7

Fran woke me at 6:25AM today. It was the day Southwest had postponed booking of flights during our next trip. This time the flights really opened again. Flying is really expensive. Our tickets were less than $600pp, but not by much! Hopefully we'll get the money for the third seat back. I think we might get money back for our flight here. While it was a fairly full flight I did see a few empty seats here and there.

After that I played with my phone for a little bit before getting in the tub. I was out by 8AM, and played my tablet game for a while before I decided to get dressed and start the day. I wanted to get another couple loads of laundry done (very small machine), so after getting dressed, I started yet another load of laundry. Just to give you perspective, all four loads that I've done so far would have easily fit in my home washer, plus the fifth load.

I got started packing up as well. A lot of the clothes that I wore earlier in the trip were no longer appropriate weather-wise. When we arrived it was hot and the highs were in the mid 80s. Now the highs were in the mid 60s, and while that's not too bad at home, the humidity evidently makes the cold more chilling.

Then I made coffee and breakfast. Today was leftover steak. Fran had hers in a sandwich.

I had mine on a plate with the leftover creamed spinach.

After Fran ate her breakfast she told me that she was feeling kind of sick and wanted to stay in the room instead of going to Epcot for lunch at the Kiosks. She let my Mom and Dad take her scooter to trade off for the day. We decided to get going around 10:30 AM and were in the UK by 11:00. The crowds were way better than Friday.

We went to the butterfly tent and I was underwhelmed. I had avoided the place in the past because I had pictured swarms of flying pretty bugs and you were sort of dodging them and trying not to have them land on you. Well this was nothing like that in fact I had to look hard to even find some. Mom said it might be too early and they weren't awake yet.

Either way, it wasn't nearly as scary as I thought. Are there really any butterflies in here?

Oh wait, there’s one!

You really had to be looking for them.

Then it was on to the countries in search of topiaries.

I had got most of the ones in Future World over the past few days, but had not been around World Showcase at all so we headed off.

We were already out of Mexico before i realized that i had missed the three Caballeros. So we pushed on, Anna and Elsa in Norway.

The troll.

And then to China, Panda bears.

The Bromeliad Dragon.

And they had these neat little zodiac figures.

Fun fact (and this totally gives away everyone's age) me, Fran and my Dad are all snakes.

We checked out the booth in China but nothing really tickled our fancy, so we moved on.

At the African outpost we found the Simba topiary.

[Continued in Next Post]

[Continued from Previous Post]

Our first stop for food was Germany.

Here we had the two potato pancakes.

I was glad to see that they had changed the applesauce on this one. Last time it was chunky, this time it was pureed.

We also tried the Warm Berry Strudel, it wasn't very warm, but it was still good.

At this point Fran texted me one word. Caramels??? I don't know how she knew we were in Germany, I wasn't transmitting my location to her. I got these.

My Dad got a couple Dark Chocolate salted caramels, and then we got our topiaries in Germany.

We checked out the trains for a while and then moved on to Italy. It was feeling very cold with the wind chill, and I was glad Fran didn't come along as she would have been miserable.

We found the topiaries in Germany and then moved on.

We pushed on to Italy where we ordered one each of the food offerings.

The Tri colored Cheese Tortellini were my favorite!

The pizza wasn’t bad.

I skipped the Fried Green Tomatoes with Mozarella.

But the Zeppole were really good!

We were getting full and chilly, so after we found Lady and the Tramp.

We got the last topiary in America and then stepped up our game to get out of the park. My parents were alternating who rode Fran's scooter and who walked.

As we were nearing Morocco and my mom was eyeing the herb Garden I remembered that there was a shirt in France that I wanted. I left them there telling them we would meet in front of Chefs de France. Shirt purchased as well as reusable Epcot bag, we headed back to the room.

Yup tell me about it. I have like five more threads to catch up on. Including yours.

Anxiously awaiting!

I never even knew what the Traditional dinner was until I met Fran, never had it before either. Reminds me, I have a couple corned beefs in the freezer. Need to put them in the dining rotation.

Yes, and then you can have a delicious hash too!

It was the day Southwest had postponed booking of flights during our next trip

And that was what propmted the phone call this morning. ;)

THat looks really good!!

Well this was nothing like that in fact I had to look hard to even find some. Mom said it might be too early and they weren't awake yet.

Are there really any butterflies in here?

I think you were there a little early in the Festival. They put the chrysalses in there and they actually have to hatch, so by the time I got there a few weeks later there were hordes of them!!

I think that was my favorite!

At this point Fran texted me one word. Caramels??? I don't know how she knew we were in Germany, I wasn't transmitting my location to her.

:lmao: :lmao:

About that same time my mom did a sake tasting with her wine club. The club has been meeting for almost 50 years now. Once a month they gather at a member's house, they call it "Third Friday Tasting", the member gets to choose the varietal of wine and appetizers.

I love this!! My parents host "wine parties" - but not on that frequent of a basis. Usually it's every quarter or so, and they've only been doing it for a year or two. I don't usually make the drive to attend, but next up is a bourbon party so I will definitely be there ;) I am going to save the picture of the sake menu - for future reference :teacher:

We went to the butterfly tent and I was underwhelmed.

Yeah, nothing like other butterfly tents I've been to.

Anna and Elsa in Norway.

One of my favorites!

And they had these neat little zodiac figures.

I can't believe I missed those too o_O I was not very attentive during Flower & Garden this year, apparently. Must have been preoccupied... with a few margaritas :rotfl:

Hope you guys have stayed safe with the earthquakes this weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!