• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Don't use drinking glasses to hold valuables!!!

SleepyatDVC

DIS Veteran
Dh & I were staying at the BC for our 5th Anniversary during the Wine & Food Festival. I usually take off my engagement ring and other rings when I wash my hands, shower, or sleep. The only ring I never take off is my wedding ring.

Well, rather than putting them on the dresser or counter where they can fall off, I put them in a glass drinking cup. You guessed it - I forgot to put them back on one morning!!:eek: :eek: I remember that I noticed my rings were missing right before lunch while we were taking a picture at the Winnie the Pooh scene at DTD. We rushed back to the hotel - me running ahead - dh dropped me off in front while he parked I wasn't as afraid of theft as of housekeeping not noticing and removing the glasses. I prayed they were alert enough to leave that glass alone.

As I RAN down the hall to my room, I passed the trolley from the dining room in the hallway. I rushed into the room and sure enough housekeeping had already finished and ALL THE GLASSES HAD BEEN REPLACED!!! :eek: :eek:

I rushed back out as the guy was wheeling away the cart with all the crates of dinner ware and glasses. I asked him where the maid who did our room was - "out to lunch." I told him that I left something in one of the drinking glasses in my room and so could I check the glasses on his cart. He pulled out the crate with all the drinking glasses to show me and sure enough - there was my diamond ring and ruby ring in one of them!!! The expression on his face was priceless! I was so relieved I could have kissed him!!

Dh got back to the room in minute later and asked, "well?" I told him that I found the rings. I DIDN'T mention how close a call it was. He was already upset at my absentmindedness! :o

Needless to say that unless you are staying at a DVC resort where you don't get daily housekeeping services, DON"T put your valuables/jewelry in a drinking glass!

What a story! Thank goodness it has a happy ending. Some of that Disney magic was with you.

I have a small padded zipper make up bag that I bring to put my jewelry in. I leave it right on the bedside stand, so I notice it first thing in the morning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter