Don't tell me this diet doesn't work(warning..rantage!)

UrsulasDaBomb

<font color=red>Lost Lamb Returned to the Flock<br
I've had several people tell me that the diet I'm on is a false diet and it doesn't work.Well dang it..if it don't work,how come I"ve lost 30 lbs or so since January?It's not like I'm doing anything insane,starving myself or just eating certain things.Grrr...I hate it when people tell you you have to do a 'certain' diet to lose weight!I came up with my OWN diet and it's working just fine,thank you very much.

Gail(UDB)

Like you said to me, ;) if it's working for you, don't listen to "them". As soon as people found out I started a walking program I was flooded with advice as to what other programs worked better.
30 pounds is amazing!:Pinkbounc Sounds like it's working to me.

Yeah!And the funny thing is..it's so simple it's ridiculous!
I have fruit and yogurt for breakfast,a Slimfast for lunch and then a regular dinner.In between meals,I eat airpopped popcorn or fruit for a snack PLUS a 30 min powerwalk during the day whenever I can fit it in.
How hard is that?And why do people say it doesn't work when it obviously does?I have a pair of shorts I bought last year that now are so baggy on me I can put them on,button and zip them up and then pull them OFF without undoing the button or zipper!My husband's jeans(he's a 36 waist)are baggy on me too when they weren't before.Urgh..I swear to goddess I think I want to scream sometimes.

Gail(UDB)

It doesnt work - because they are not doing it! LOL!

You keep doing what you are doing. It obviously is the right mix of things for you. Congratulations on your wonderful weight loss and for taking charge of your life. Pretty impressive. :)

Why would anybody tell you it doesn't work? The main thing is to burn more fuel than you take in. Looks like your diet does that perfectly. I suppose its the Slimfast but what is a Slimfast except 200ish calories of carbs, protein with a smidgen of fat? I'm using slimfast now as an occasional rather than regular meal subsitute.

I made up my own diet also...its very simple...eat items in 100 calorie chunks not to exceed a certain amount. Slimfast is 2 100 calorie chunks. The idea is to reteach myself portion control. I've lost a whopping 2 pounds (I just started last week).

Keep up the good work! I also modified my diet in January and have lost 20 pounds. I really believe everyone has to find what works for them.

I have not told anyone except my DH that I am trying to lose weight. The worst part - I'm under 5' tall and weighed under 125 - no one at work has commented on my weight loss even though my clothes are all too big! My jeans are two sizes smaller and still no comments. But the bottom line is I did it for myself and I feel so much better. My DH says he can really tell.

Paperina

Do what works for you, in my case I started watching what I eat since Christmas and up until April I had lost almost 13 lbs, then I lost 5 more and just recently I found out another 2. I do not do anything different than I did before except for watchign what I eat and drink and walk a bit more than I used to before. This is what works for me, I don't care what the rest of the people say and I don't care if I stay on this weight as long as I don't gain anymore, I'm almost 6' tall and I weigh 204 lbs right now, last year at this time at the doctors office I was 224.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter