Don't Pet the Sweaty Things. An Aug Solo Birthday Trip. Updated 12/4!!

Oh, and I also noticed this time around that the mermaid skeleton was removed from the first scene. I didn’t realize they were doing that when they did the renovations.
I noticed that, too, and Rob was like, "There was a mermaid skeleton before?" LOL

Love your Country Bear morning! It would've been such a cute idea for you guys to be the Country Bears! I'm looking forward to finding out what you decide to be :)

Following along - I still need to get caught up on your previous TRs! But at least this one I can be in from the start!

Hi Ariana, joinin in, we were there this August, we just missed each other!

My dd has a love hate relationship with Splash as well

It was so hot and sweaty people everywhere lol!

Sounds like a great start to your birthday!

Great pics from CBJ! Too bad you guys decided not to go with that theme for Halloween!

Glad you finally got your Mickey ice cream!

Love how happy you look on Splash :)

Just caught up. Too bad SW airlines didn't put you on the earlier flight. And then you got delayed. DD and I were flying to Kingston ON from Victoria BC, we had to take a puddle jumper to Vancouver for the first leg of the flight. We checked in online and then went through security. I hear our names over the PA system and we went to the gate and the gate agent asked since we passed security early would we like to get on the earlier flight. I said sure. She told me that they will move people to the earlier flight to free up space on the last flight. If there are people left after the last flight I guess it can cost more money if it's overbooked and they have to deny boarding.

Happy Birthday trip!

Joining in! Loving all of your pictures, especially those of the Country Bears :-) So, if you guys are not doing the Country Bears theme for Halloween - what did you choose instead? Or is it a surprise for the next TR? popcorn::

Ugh we had a three hour delay on our SW flight too in July! It puts such a damper on the first night! I'm glad the Disney adrenaline helped you get up and moving for MK though!

Joining in on your TR. I just got back from a trip and stayed at All Star Music. It's interesting to see your Movies room pictures because they are identical except the decoration. And we had a larger TV stand, with a "roof" over the TV. I never thought to look if that's standard at Music. We found it handy since we're a family of four so we had a lot of stuff to pack in that room!

This was my first time seeing the new auction scene so I put my camera away and just enjoyed the ride. And surprisingly, I rather liked the new scene. I think having something new and different to see on the ride was refreshing.
That's pretty much the same as my thoughts. I went in expecting to hate it, but not so.

Joining in. Sorry you had such a tough start to your trip. But it looks like things got better the next (same) day.

Joining in for the show.

My 45th was during your trip, so we have a special bond, I think. Going to live vicariously through you!

Love early mornings at MK. I agree that the Pirates photo is so weird. People don't realize there is a photo there.

Love your Big Al shirt by the way. I have the Mk 45th Country Bear shirt.

Awesome Splash ride photo!

And if you do look were the photo is, the flash half blinds you! I don't get it but there really isn't a good place for a photo on that ride.

I have the 45th one too. And a yellow one with the triplets. Yeah, I'm a bit too obsessed with that attraction. :rotfl:

Thanks! That is probably the best ride photo from the trip. I was really lazy with them this time. I think I've just run out of ideas to make them fun anymore.

Wowza. I cannot believe you got up and out that early! Good you waited for the next bus bad starting your day with being car sick.
I cannot believe the CM gave you a marker to do it yourself. I LOVED doing the birthday buttons and did fun stuff with the birthday person!

Happy you didn't get that wet on SM. I adore Splash. its a favorite!

Change with pirates is inevitable.. With all the movies the original ride is LONG GONE.
At least the red head is still there.
And you knew where the photo was!!! Love you just staring at the camera!!! HA HA

I think it was just the Disney adrenaline that got me up an moving. It would have never happened at home!

I was kind of bummed she had me do the button myself but at least I got one.

I do like Splash a lot but would really love it if I could avoid getting wet.

This is new since I went last... where exactly IS the photo?

I think rteetz answered your question but in case you missed it, the photo is right after the first beach scene and right before you go down the hill. Look up and to the left and you will see a skull there. The camera is right there with the skull.

I noticed that, too, and Rob was like, "There was a mermaid skeleton before?" LOL

Love your Country Bear morning! It would've been such a cute idea for you guys to be the Country Bears! I'm looking forward to finding out what you decide to be :)

That would probably be Jim! He never remembers anything like that.

Honestly you are going to be disappointed with what we decided. We really want to use the the party time to get on rides, trick or treat a bit and see the parade. We decided that elaborate costumes would be too much so we just got grey shirts with the fab 5. I'm Pluto of course, Mom is Goofy, Jim Donald, my brother Mickey and SIL Minnie.

Following along - I still need to get caught up on your previous TRs! But at least this one I can be in from the start!

Welcome! I'm completely behind everywhere again but I'm hoping to get caught up this week. The boss is at Disney right now so I have a few days to relax. :rotfl:

Hi Ariana, joinin in, we were there this August, we just missed each other!

My dd has a love hate relationship with Splash as well

It was so hot and sweaty people everywhere lol!

Hi! Thanks for joining in. Have you started your August TR? If so I need to go find it. I've gotten a little behind right now and haven't had a chance to look for it.

It was definitely hot while I was there!

Sounds like a great start to your birthday!

Great pics from CBJ! Too bad you guys decided not to go with that theme for Halloween!

Glad you finally got your Mickey ice cream!

Love how happy you look on Splash :)

We did want to do the CBJ Bears for our costumes but coming up with the hats and shirts to do it was just not something we had time for. None of us are crafty at all or we might have been able to come up with something.

I was definitely having a great time on Splash!

Just caught up. Too bad SW airlines didn't put you on the earlier flight. And then you got delayed. DD and I were flying to Kingston ON from Victoria BC, we had to take a puddle jumper to Vancouver for the first leg of the flight. We checked in online and then went through security. I hear our names over the PA system and we went to the gate and the gate agent asked since we passed security early would we like to get on the earlier flight. I said sure. She told me that they will move people to the earlier flight to free up space on the last flight. If there are people left after the last flight I guess it can cost more money if it's overbooked and they have to deny boarding.

Happy Birthday trip!

I was hoping for some pixie dust from Southwest but no such luck. There were seats on that earlier flight but I just didn't want to spend the points. I was certainly regretting that decision later that night.

Joining in! Loving all of your pictures, especially those of the Country Bears :-) So, if you guys are not doing the Country Bears theme for Halloween - what did you choose instead? Or is it a surprise for the next TR? popcorn::

Nah, not a surprise. We decided to just go with the Fab 5 and we are each just wearing a grey t-shirt with a different character. I'm Pluto of course. We got the shirts from Zazzle.com.

Ugh we had a three hour delay on our SW flight too in July! It puts such a damper on the first night! I'm glad the Disney adrenaline helped you get up and moving for MK though!

It really did make for a rough start to my trip. I did get up and moving that morning but it was a struggle!

Joining in on your TR. I just got back from a trip and stayed at All Star Music. It's interesting to see your Movies room pictures because they are identical except the decoration. And we had a larger TV stand, with a "roof" over the TV. I never thought to look if that's standard at Music. We found it handy since we're a family of four so we had a lot of stuff to pack in that room!

That's pretty much the same as my thoughts. I went in expecting to hate it, but not so.

I've had that bigger TV stand a few times at Music so I think it's standard there. I liked the little shelves on either side of the TV. I kept my Magic Band and jewelry on those for easy access each day. We are staying at Music in October, it's my favorite of the values (although I haven't stayed at AOA yet).

Joining in. Sorry you had such a tough start to your trip. But it looks like things got better the next (same) day.

It was a rough spot but it's hard to get too upset when you know you are heading to WDW! It did change my plans a bit the next day but I still had a blast.

Joining in for the show.

My 45th was during your trip, so we have a special bond, I think. Going to live vicariously through you!

Yay! Another August birthday! Thanks for joining in.

A Birthday Lunch Fit for a Beast

After Splash Mountain, I had about 20 minutes until my lunch ADR at Be Our Guest so I headed in the direction of Fantasyland. My destination was It’s a Small World but when I got there the wait time said 25 minutes and by eyeballing the line, I knew I wouldn’t make it through the line and the whole ride in time. So I passed it up and continued further into Fantasyland. The carousel was being refurbished and had this lovely scrim around it.

I passed by BOG and got in line for Little Mermaid which had a ten minute wait posted.

I walked all the way to the room with Scuttle before hitting any kind of line. And even then it was less than five minutes before I was on the ride.

After Little Mermaid, I browsed for a bit in the Beauty and the Beast store and then headed to BOG to check in. I had pre-ordered so it was only a few minutes before I was finding a table. This time around I chose a seat in the Ballroom.

As always, I got the Turkey Sandwich with fries.

And the Triple Chocolate Cupcake for dessert.

This is one of my favorite meals at WDW and I enjoyed it thoroughly. I get the turkey sandwich without the toppings because I’m picky and it’s still juicy and delicious without those. As for the cupcake, that thing is amazing! I know that someday they will change up the menu because that’s just what Disney does, but it will be a very sad day for me.

I had gotten a Coke with my meal for some caffeine but after I finished that up, I refiled my cup with ice water to make sure I was staying hydrated.

While at lunch I did some thinking about the rest of my day. I knew at this point that I wasn’t going to make it all the way till 9:15 pm for HEA, I was just too tired. I came to the conclusion that I had two choices. I could head out after lunch and back to my room for a break (not really a nap, I’m a terrible napper) or I could stick it out and leave the park early that evening. If it had been Wishes instead of HEA it would have been a non-brainer, I would have taken the break. But I just don’t have the emotional connection to HEA yet plus I was not looking forward to watching it in a sea of sweaty, stinky people. I also wanted to get up the next morning for 7 am EMH at Hollywood Studios so I could experience Toy Story Land for the first time. I made the decision that I would stick around for the afternoon and call it an early evening.

After lunch, I had my 3rd FP for the day at Haunted Mansion. I tried to take pictures but as usual, they didn’t come out at all.

While in line, I hopped on MDE and made a 4th FP for IASW that I could use immediately following the HM one. The line had still looked a bit long when I passed it on my way to HM so I figured the FP would save me some time. This time around I took both pictures and video for your viewing pleasure.

Once again, while waiting in line, I made a 5th FP for Dumbo that I was able to go straight to after IASW.

I made my 6th FP after Dumbo for Buzz Lightyear but I had a little bit of time before I could use that one so I did some browsing in the stores along the way and also stopped in Cosmic Ray’s for a glass of ice water. Then it was time for my Buzz FP.

I always study this mural at the beginning because I’m convinced there’s got to be a hidden Mickey on it somewhere but I’ve never found one.

After that, I concentrated on my game. Not my best score but certainly not my worst.

And my sleepy, half out of it ride photo.

I made my 7th FP for Pirates because I wanted to see the new auction scene again. I had time before it once again so I took a spin around Tomorrowland. I think I might have dozed off a bit during the Space Mountain part. I was definitely relaxing because I only took two photos the whole time.

UP Next: Still Not a Galactic Hero

Honestly you are going to be disappointed with what we decided.
I think you're right about dealing with an elaborate costume all night anyway! At least you picked a little theme for your group :) I give it a thumbs up!

But I just don’t have the emotional connection to HEA yet plus I was not looking forward to watching it in a sea of sweaty, stinky people.
I still haven't gotten a really good viewing of HEA though got to see/hear it from the Tomorrowland Speedway on my surprise 2 days there this summer. Wishes will probably always remain my favorite though. Also, you are hilarious...and I can imagine the seas of sweaty stinky people LOL

I'm with you, I love lunch at BOG! I always get the turkey sandwich and it never disappoints!

Nice job getting 4 extra FPs!
Question for you and for Ariana (@Pluto0809 )...

For BOG, is that a TS or QS? I thought it was TS, but when I tried to make an ADR for Jan trip, it's showing QS(CS?).

We saw HEA for the first time two weeks ago and my younger daughter, who is 12, cried afterward because she hated it. She said she felt they turned the castle into a big TV and it was too much to look at all at once. I didn't love it as much as Wishes but there were some parts that I liked. I do agree with her that there is so much going on that it's hard to know what to watch and easy to miss the fireworks while watching the projections or vice versa. It definitely has the "wow" factor but to me is missing the feeling of nostalgia that Wishes evoked.

We saw HEA for the first time two weeks ago and my younger daughter, who is 12, cried afterward because she hated it. She said she felt they turned the castle into a big TV and it was too much to look at all at once. I didn't love it as much as Wishes but there were some parts that I liked. I do agree with her that there is so much going on that it's hard to know what to watch and easy to miss the fireworks while watching the projections or vice versa. It definitely has the "wow" factor but to me is missing the feeling of nostalgia that Wishes evoked.
That was EXACTLY why I didn't like HEA. Could never tell where to look because there was so much (it was visual stimuli overload) and then the sparseness of the fireworks.

I don't know if it was because I was solo but I was disappointed in the lunch at BoG last time (March 2018). I felt sort of rushed and it was just kind of crazy busy in there. I much prefer dinner there but haven't been of course since they changed it. I do like the turkey sandwich though!

I agree about BoG, I order the turkey sandwich or the pot roast and have always enjoyed my meals. We go almost every trip! We usually share the Master’s cupcake, I have tried all of the cupcakes and enjoyed all of them,

Awesome use of the FP system, I love when you can keep getting decent ones! I have been a galactic hero once when the ride stopped by the volcano haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter