Don't forget AAA!

TwinMommy

Earning My Ears
I debated about joining the new Disney Club as I was a MKC member. After comparing DC to AAA, I ended up joining AAA. Surprisingly, their 6 day park hopper plus passes (bought January 9, 2001) were cheaper than the DC. We saved 127.68 over Disney's regular prices by buying from AAA.

We also are paying LESS for a preferred site this August with AAA than what we paid with MKC for this last October. We are saving 93.53 for a 9 night stay over regular Disney prices.

We figured this in and added the fact of saving on our insurance by dropping the towing, getting the travel literature for free, saving on area museums and parks and, of course, getting the AAA road benefits and we found that for us this was a great deal.

No I don't work for AAA, either :). Just wanted to mention that there are many ways to save on your Disney trip, but it sure takes a lot of digging and comparing to get the savings that work the best for your family.

I also joined AAA to get the discounts. Don't forget, with AAA you can also get discounts on other campgrounds. We will be getting % off of Hoop De Doo. There is also a AAA lounge on Main St (you get a AAA voucher and can stop in and get a cold drink and relax -- or at least this is the info I received). I am pleased with the discounts I am getting from AAA. :)

AAA fans,

Thanx!! Didn't realize we could get AAA discounts at FW. Do you make the reservations yourself and mention AAA or does AAA have to make the reservations?

We like AAA because their travel guides have dog symbols at all the hotels permitting pets.
And don't forget a nice discount at Seaworld, also.

Call the central reservations number and ask for the AAA rate. I don't know if it is always available or if it is just during value season etc. We got a preferred site in August (value season) for 41.74 a night including tax. And you only have to pay one night up front unlike the DC which I hear makes you pay $200 then the balance before you arrive. (I hope that isn't true as it doesn't seem fair to make the Disney Club members pay in advance when others only pay the one day.)

We are new to AAA so I plan on asking around to find out if there are any more AAA benefits at Disney.

Thanx Twinmommy,
My reservations are for Christmas next year. So next week I'll let you know if the discount's good for holidays and not just value season.

We were debating whether or not to get AAA. I guess it would depend on what kind of a discount I got through them.
Right now with my DC card, I've got 10 nights going in June for a full hookup (with tax included and the DC discount) $569.00. I wonder what it would have been with a AAA card?

º0º
Sharon in Florida
Wife to Cameron for the past 15 1/2 years (July 2)
Taxi Mom to: Christopher-12 1/2 & Kayla-8.90
My Trips to DW:
Next Trip: June 15-25, 2001
OffSite-1984,86,87,89,91&92
Honeymoon-1985
FW-6/94, 95, 96,2000
mickey82.gif

From what I understand, the % is the same for AAA and DC. When we went in Oct, the AAA wasn't available, but the DC was. As far as tickets, they are pretty close to the same as well. But, you do get the added bonus of AAA with your vehicles. I've used it before when I cut a tire by running over a hatch on the highway! Also, DH had the car towed one time as well. I've had AAA for about 5 yrs and have used it mostly on hotel lodging. We joined the Good Sam's Club for campers. They offer more % for camping at campgrounds around the US (not FW). You also can get trip routing, but it's not always reliable on the construction areas. Case in point, HUGE construction south of Indy on I65 that took 1.5 hrs to get through! You can also log in online for routing as well. Between the two, you can usually find the construction areas. This has been our experience for the last 5 yrs. You do get % at Seaworld as well as the other parks with AAA

AAA Tickets:

Disney World*
Orlando, FL - 4-Day Park Hopper Pass
Adult $195.52 $203.52
Child (3-9) $156.12 $161.12

Orlando, FL - 5-Day Park Hopper Pass
Adult $219.02 $230.02
Child (3-9) $174.32 $182.32

Orlando, FL - 6-Day Park Hopper Pass
Adult $278.64 $293.64
Child (3-9) $224.34 $235.34

DC Tickets:

Type Regular Adult Disney Club Adult Regular Child Disney Club Child

4 day park hopper

196.10 $156.88

5 day park hopper

$219.42 $175.96

Been there, done that, going back!

Check my site: http://www.geocities.com/tinkerbellwdw2000/

Off-site 87, 88
All Star Music 97
All Star Music 98
All Star Movies 99
Ft Wilderness Oct 00
BWV/WLV Oct 01

flyTINKERBELL.gif

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter