Don't Call It A Comeback: Our Triumphant Return to WDW! Oct 2017 - Update 10/9

Raeven said:
The good thing is they don't! I always worry about things running out too, but I've started to do my FPs a bit later in the day too.

I'm so relieved. I was like OMG we won't get to ride anything! lol I feel like vacation should not be this stressful. I think us DISers are doing it wrong :confused3

Raeven said:
Sometimes the line can be kind of long, and there's not a lot of choices for the 3rd Epcot FP.
That's usually how I make Epcot Fps, sometimes I don't even make a 3rd.

I almost didn't for one of our days. I only had Soarin' but it looked lonely on the schedule by itself lol

Raeven said:
I was able to get one shortly before the show after using our others. Not sure if it's always like this, but you could try that.

Ohhh! Good to know! Is it actually beneficial at all?? We've just kind of merged with the mob as soon as they opened the gate and we always get good seats right in the middle. Does having a FP really make difference??

Ohhh! Good to know! Is it actually beneficial at all?? We've just kind of merged with the mob as soon as they opened the gate and we always get good seats right in the middle. Does having a FP really make difference??

I'm not sure since it was our first trip I thought so :rotfl: but I've never tried without. It was weirdly crazy busy in the park that night (emh and 2 shows) so it was crazy around that area so I wasn't sure we'd get a seat at all if we didn't.

Mickey & Friends Meet & Greet (I don't even know if I need a FP for this :confused3).

Out of everything else in Epcot I would definitely make an FP for this. Depending on the time of day we saw it snake up to 45 minutes at some point. Another one is Mission: Space since they just changed the videos. The intro video has changed, and so has the ride video for the Green side. The Orange side (which I don't go on) is the same ride video apparently. There wasn't much of a wait on standby for the green side though.

I really thought about getting FPs for Fantasmic instead but something keeps telling me that's a waste of a FP+ and we won't need it. Am I wrong??

No you don't need it. We showed up last week just 20 minutes before showtime. Yeah we had to sit at the edge of the far right but I really don't' think there is a bad seat in the house, and we were very close to the exit for a quick escape at the end.

So that's all I have for right now but I promise I won't stay away too long! I'm thinking I may reveal The Big Surprise, just because it will make sharing my plans easier.... but we'll see!

oooh The Big Surprise! Can't wait to hear what it is!

Hi everyone! I'm so sorry I've been MIA for a while! My job moved to another location back at the beginning of August, it's twice the distance to and from home as it used to be, and by the time I get home in the afternoon (after an hour long commute) I'm exhausted so I've been neglecting a lot of things!

To be honest, there hasn't really been anything exciting happening anyway... but....

7D733A5E-896B-4CE5-9486-AA34CF20B90F_zpslbq2nutr.jpg

Next Tuesday, we're FINALLY leaving for DISNEY WORLD!

I called in our room request this morning, so hopefully we get the room we want. It's the same room we stayed in on our 2012 trip and I loved the location and the view so my fingers are crossed.

There was a bit more drama in the Magic Band department... You know how Disney will send you free ones if you don't go onto your account and decline them? Well, originally, I had put in for a purple one for myself and a red on for Lumar. Then I ordered the Simba band for myself but Lumar had those issues with the HM one that he had wanted, so I declined mine but left Lumar's active. We got the box a couple of weeks ago and there was only one band inside...the purple one with my name on it. So I called Disney and the first woman told me "it won't be a problem, he can still use it." I don't have that much experience with Magic Bands, but I know that they are linked to individuals and not transferable. I told her that I was pretty sure that was not true, she said she was going to put me on hold and double check and hung up on me. Called back and was told I had to speak to someone in their tech department or whatever it's called, but I got disconnected again when she went to transfer me. Called a third time, was transferred to tech support, he understood the issue, told me he would request a new one, we got the package a few days later and there were now TWO Magic Bands, another one for me and one for Lumar. Who then complained that his is "just plain red," and "you have a cool one, and mine is boring." :rolleyes2

So now that we have THAT squared away... My next issue was my dog. My dog is a rescue, she is almost 8 years old, and she does not like other dogs. I can't kennel her because they only accept dog-friendly dogs, and every single person I know has at least one dog. With the exception of my brother and my sister. My sister and I don't get along very well (not from a lack of trying on my end) but she and my brother currently share a house. (She had been living in SC with her boyfriend, they broke up so she moved back to CT and had no where to go. Supposedly she would only be living at the house with my brother for 6 months and it's been 4 years now...). So I asked my brother if he would stay at our apartment with the dog while we were gone, to which he agreed. A few years ago, she got mad at me because Lumar and I are still friends with her ex, so she blew up at me and told me that she wasn't ever watching our dog again (she painted a picture that we just dumped the dog on her, without warning, so that we could go on a fantastic weekend getaway with her ex, which is obviously not true.) A few weeks ago, my brother he tells me that he's just going to bring her to his house, because it's easier for him. I told him to make sure he talked to our sister about it. He didn't. Long story short, she starts text-arguing with me about it, how I'm an irresponsible person, I take advantage of people, yadda yadda yadda. I've spent the last 3 weeks in a state of perpetual anxiety, thinking that I'm going to show up there to drop the dog off next Monday, and she's going to start screaming at me. So I called my brother and he told me not to worry about it, so we'll see how it turns out. I'm already terrified of leaving the dog because I'm always worried she's going to get away and attack another dog or something, and my sister just compounds that anxiety three-fold. :guilty: So hopefully it will turn out alright in the end up but I just so do not want to deal with her before I leave.

In other news, I ended up switching some of our ADRs around (which Jen @Nermel9 totally predicted I would! :rotfl2:) We changed Sci-Fi to Mama Melrose's, because it occurred to me that every time we eat there, we complain about the car-tables. We have to squish to sit next to each other, or sit one in front of the other and not even be able to talk or look at each other. So we switched to Mama's. Then today we decided to actually just cancel that ADR altogether. Along with our breakfast ADR at Kona Café. I love Kona but it's a pain to get to if you aren't staying on the monorail or if you don't have a car, and the only time I could get was 7:45am which meant we'd have to get up super early to get there. It just wasn't worth it in our opinion, since Olivia's at OKW has some really great breakfast food.

So that's all I really have to update you on - I told you, things were pretty boring around here! I'm so ready for this vacation, I can't even tell you. I'm burnt out from working so much, and from the longer commute, and I basically come to work every day and do the bare minimum. I love love love my job but I'm just so exhausted that I just don't have it in me to be there. I feel bad but I'm just so tired! :faint:

Well anyway, have a great night, and I'll try to update again right before we leave to tell you how it goes with my sister on Monday! :sad2:

Last edited:

Next Tuesday, we're FINALLY leaving for DISNEY WORLD!

YAY!!

There was a bit more drama in the Magic Band department... You know how Disney will send you free ones if you don't go onto your account and decline them? Well, originally, I had put in for a purple one for myself and a red on for Lumar. Then I ordered the Simba band for myself but Lumar had those issues with the HM one that he had wanted, so I declined mine but left Lumar's active. We got the box a couple of weeks ago and there was only one band inside...the purple one with my name on it. So I called Disney and the first woman told me "it won't be a problem, he can still use it." I don't have that much experience with Magic Bands, but I know that they are linked to individuals and not transferable. I told her that I was pretty sure that was not true, she said she was going to put me on hold and double check and hung up on me. Called back and was told I had to speak to someone in their tech department or whatever it's called, but I got disconnected again when she went to transfer me. Called a third time, was transferred to tech support, he understood the issue, told me he would request a new one, we got the package a few days later and there were now TWO Magic Bands, another one for me and one for Lumar. Who then complained that his is "just plain red," and "you have a cool one, and mine is boring." :rolleyes2

Oh no, can't believe the drama with the magic bands. I usually either turn down both MBs for us or order two. I have never declined only one, I guess that is where mixups can happen. I hope it works for you though!

So now that we have THAT squared away... My next issue was my dog. My dog is a rescue, she is almost 8 years old, and she does not like other dogs. I can't kennel her because they only accept dog-friendly dogs, and every single person I know has at least one dog. With the exception of my brother and my sister. My sister and I don't get along very well (not from a lack of trying on my end) but she and my brother currently share a house. (She had been living in SC with her boyfriend, they broke up so she moved back to CT and had no where to go. Supposedly she would only be living at the house with my brother for 6 months and it's been 4 years now...). So I asked my brother if he would stay at our apartment with the dog while we were gone, to which he agreed. A few years ago, she got mad at me because Lumar and I are still friends with her ex, so she blew up at me and told me that she wasn't ever watching our dog again (she painted a picture that we just dumped the dog on her, without warning, so that we could go on a fantastic weekend getaway with her ex, which is obviously not true.) A few weeks ago, my brother he tells me that he's just going to bring her to his house, because it's easier for him. I told him to make sure he talked to our sister about it. He didn't. Long story short, she starts text-arguing with me about it, how I'm an irresponsible person, I take advantage of people, yadda yadda yadda. I've spent the last 3 weeks in a state of perpetual anxiety, thinking that I'm going to show up there to drop the dog off next Monday, and she's going to start screaming at me. So I called my brother and he told me not to worry about it, so we'll see how it turns out. I'm already terrified of leaving the dog because I'm always worried she's going to get away and attack another dog or something, and my sister just compounds that anxiety three-fold. :guilty: So hopefully it will turn out alright in the end up but I just so do not want to deal with her before I leave.

Aww, I hope your dog is well taken care of when you are gone. It must be so stressful to have all that worrying on top of the trip planning. But it sounds like she will be ok.

In other news, I ended up switching some of our ADRs around (which Jen @Nermel9 totally predicted I would! :rotfl2:) We changed Sci-Fi to Mama Melrose's, because it occurred to me that every time we eat there, we complain about the car-tables. We have to squish to sit next to each other, or sit one in front of the other and not even be able to talk or look at each other. So we switched to Mama's. Then today we decided to actually just cancel that ADR altogether. Along with our breakfast ADR at Kona Café. I love Kona but it's a pain to get to if you aren't staying on the monorail or if you don't have a car, and the only time I could get was 7:45am which meant we'd have to get up super early to get there. It just wasn't worth it in our opinion, since Olivia's at OKW has some really great breakfast food.

Haha I remember talking about this this weekend!! I hope you enjoy MM! I've never been there, but it's always on my radar!

BTW here is our picture from Comic Con!

qmWRq3odLB7SiBNyMB9bdw4N8rQYhXqSmHitmwfyip9ivha7eQkmtuUIODhB8wRTHeJLxtkM8M5p1H0Cpz0vzcjaJ2SREEsf5Obc9Pd6X3dtMlUeRmoU374JW-hsN6K5XeHoR3OPoFBDq9gZsY5e-D5bSLPBwKee3KSvlyOsHy1Raak400cy4sQzwK03E1vyeh2IqFpunRHG96JjH40sN63xmGhzZkiDjaen4_VI7tJa6H7Xnsc5eJ8sv2IXE7ds5TEe-MhvvxeVso60xbgS89oELCXehJ3rx2KTXL5xO55sQYmgHPRLg_TizVBclSAGiv2ZulQYeP7XUW3f2CLTrWYWtilpX_aSwOm332-_4omqfDL-XNiJvAsy_kiX-CAa6sJGQ0PKRZRfI5hJNZve0dyAsNgTq2OV0dkJtcQlNAf-5f7lNzaXrGKI3u7bxF_nNQGVCeufUEUy8hBglgRMf97inAezORyYJodJO_JJSJcsevk-QA2Nv1_PON6tDAdWTILurjTMcbNf87e3YN09NwqwxyT70MD6rNCP8o20aDgGhthmwzWclNgIN_wFSqeITpfSmMIIh21HV1ae-hPi2ceKc1Kbx9rhFdsP-h-TMBY=w734-h550-no

It was so great meeting you and Lumar!! I hope we get to meet up in WDW one day too!

To be honest, there hasn't really been anything exciting happening anyway... but....

:cheer2:

Who then complained that his is "just plain red," and "you have a cool one, and mine is boring." :rolleyes2

Josh loves the plain red ones for some reason and will only get that one every time :rotfl:

I've spent the last 3 weeks in a state of perpetual anxiety, thinking that I'm going to show up there to drop the dog off next Monday, and she's going to start screaming at me.

Oh no, I hope everything goes okay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!