"Don't anger the dolls"-A France and DLP Trip, June '18-COMPLETED (4/22-ride comparisons)

I fell a little behind due to the holidays, but I just sat and read all your updates and am caught back up. Actually, the kids were in the room, too, and they thought you were back at Disneyland Paris! "Wait, that's Lesley. Is she at Disney Paris?! Why aren't we there with her??" :rotfl2:

In my opinion, your updates covering the Studios have been spot on. Crush's Coaster is an amazing coaster, Ratatouille is fun but not worth the crazy hype it has gained, and Rock N Roller Coaster is downright painful! I don't see how anybody can handle that version; it beats you up from start to finish!

The club lounge at Sequoia looked really nice, and it was nice you had a place to grab a few free drinks from.
Breakfasts at DLP leave a lot to be desired...I'm not surprised at all that you weren't going to try and go out of your way to make it to Sequoia's every morning.

Sounds like a great time at ToT! Except for the weirdo who family who didn't "speak french" :rotfl:

The details of Toy Story Playland are cute!

Wow that a terrible experience on the Cars ride, I'm sorry that happened.
It was a good morning, except for that stupid ride! And some guests were just weird in their ineptitude!

This sounds incredible!!!! I would also be terrified, but wow, what an experience you're in for!!
I know! I booked hotels for the Tokyo Disney portion this week! Once you get past the airfare, it is super affordable - $142/night for a Sheraton on the Monorail line!

The themeing of everything you've posted about seems incredible, but this picture just stuck out to me. It so perfectly captures Skull Rock like it popped right out of Peter Pan.
Wait until you see the rest of my adventures on Adventure Isle - I spent literally 2 hrs wandering around it one afternoon!

Sounds like an awesome experience at ToT and a not so great experience at The Cars ride!

Ugh for line cutters just not cool, I just hate that!
Yeah, definitely a high and a low!

Those are cute and I love your shirt!
Thanks! I had fun on etsy in preparation for my trip!

Aw, I miss her. I think it's smart to just do smoke though :scared:
They did bring back fire later in the summer. There was also a float in the Pixar Play Parade at Disneyland that had fire (The Incredibles with Jack-Jack), which also temporarily stopped igniting until they could make sure it would be safe!

I'm sorry, that sounds like a rotten experience. That's definitely not a nice way to treat a person :hug:

I'm loving your DLP report and of course, it makes me want to go! I'll just have to add it to the list!
You definitely need to get out there! So gorgeous and lovely! Familiar, yet different!

Morgan and Gwen love this type of ride. When we were in Bush Gardens Williamsburg this summer, there was no line for this ride. They went on it WAY too many times.
Haha, I think they'd like a bunch of the smaller rides at the Studios. And looking back, there were more smaller rides, and some fun things for kids.

Love this bench!
I know-me too!

Just looking at it, you can tell it is budget version.

That sounds like a terrible design.

This video alone makes me want to barf.

I am so sorry to hear this!

Never! But this shame is def much worse... I am sure at the time it felt that bad.

I hope the expierence didn't ruin the rest of your day.
I did my best to forget about it! And did have fun for the rest of the day, but it was just so rude and annoying!

I fell a little behind due to the holidays, but I just sat and read all your updates and am caught back up. Actually, the kids were in the room, too, and they thought you were back at Disneyland Paris! "Wait, that's Lesley. Is she at Disney Paris?! Why aren't we there with her??" :rotfl2:

In my opinion, your updates covering the Studios have been spot on. Crush's Coaster is an amazing coaster, Ratatouille is fun but not worth the crazy hype it has gained, and Rock N Roller Coaster is downright painful! I don't see how anybody can handle that version; it beats you up from start to finish!

The club lounge at Sequoia looked really nice, and it was nice you had a place to grab a few free drinks from.
Breakfasts at DLP leave a lot to be desired...I'm not surprised at all that you weren't going to try and go out of your way to make it to Sequoia's every morning.

That is so cute they would think I'm at DLP! It will be weird to think when they grow up, they may start to think of DLP as their "home park"!

Good to know I'm not the only one who wasn't obsessed with Ratatouille! I remembered you saying RnRC was rough, but I wanted to at least try it!

The club lounge was a good place to grab some free snacks. People didn't really hang out there though (but I guess they did have some couches in the other half), so not exactly like the WDW Club Lounges!

Part 6 – Lunch with a Rat!

After that depressing experience, I headed back to the Ratatouille area, because it was time for a highly anticipated lunch – Chez Remy! That whole area is very cute and totally accurate for Paris! Well, minus the fountain of rats holding champagne bottles!

ItP9alL.jpg
JLBkx4y.jpg
G4ZF5dV.jpg
LgAO4YL.jpg
fuisLnh.jpg
nunTmbh.jpg
wDOakqV.jpg
ULfvxzI.jpg
23lB1or.jpg
2zl5fZS.jpg

Recognize these from the movie?

ZZNCo0e.jpg

I checked in a little ahead of my reservation time, but that wasn’t really an issue since the restaurant had just opened (though anyone without an ADR was being turned away). While I waited for my table to be ready I tried to take some photos of the lobby, which was pretty cute (full of awards and news articles about Remy), but unfortunately lots of my photos turned out blurry.

ZeAv6vJ.jpg
ndPOUPk.jpg
3DKezDv.jpg
lZd50Bq.jpg
mmtuloR.jpg
nnM4ilM.jpg
vhCM1Fy.jpg
6J8lM7r.jpg
8Xn6e4b.jpg
AQTod0p.jpg

I even loved the wallpaper, how it was French but also whimsical

jyGO1dc.jpg

Part 7 - Shrunk down to the size of a rat!

As you go from the lobby to the restaurant, the servers point out that you have just been shrunk down to the size of a rat! I appreciated that little detail!

The actual restaurant was just sooo amazingly themed! Like just absolutely adorable and down to the last detail. I was seated in one of the first rooms you enter, but for a while it was pretty empty, so was nice and private. I preferred being in an interior room than one of the ones that looked out into the plaza, as that would take you out of the theme, or that could be seen by people exiting the ride, as I don’t necessarily enjoy people watching me eat!

s3mWA8O.jpg
6UDoF4V.jpg
nLiZkCW.jpg
8YhN1ip.jpg
LFeJzUo.jpg

Notice how the wallpaper is a bigger version of the one from the lobby!

vgntcOz.jpg

gpedgih.jpg
S0cYXFM.jpg

And this is one of the larger plaza view rooms. You can see the people outside, so it is weird being the size of rat, while the other side of the glass is the real world!

18phoG8.jpg
bsp7tLf.jpg

The dessert case was a Sucre (sugar) canister!
HRGBxGH.jpg

(some of those photos were taken after I was done with the meal and I wish I had walked around right after the restaurant had opened, so I could have looked like less of a creeper taking photos! It seems the French don't quite understand Disney TR culture!)

Even the bathroom was adorable!

xcQlnLi.jpg

The food options are one of two Prixe-fixe menus, and within that you have a choice of the 2-course or 3-course. Though of course every meal comes with some version of ratatouille!

MuZ6uvF.jpg
rXu2TeF.jpg

I went with the Gusteau Menu, so pretty much the most expensive one.

giphy.gif

For my starter, I think it was a tomato soup with croutons. It was pretty good.

rbcLc7k.jpg

My main was the Beef Fillet, “premium” ratatouille and gratin potatoes with Brie cheese. For the sauce, I wasn’t quite paying attention and agreed to what my waiter called “duck sauce”, but I didn’t end up eating it because I was worried it was fois-gras sauce! The steak was decent enough. But the potatoes were icky. I don’t know what it was, but I just hated the taste (and I love brie cheese, so that was weird). I picked a bit at the ratatouille, but I didn't like it as much as the one we had been served in Paris.

A9cqIGW.jpg
Jzx0BJZ.jpg

For dessert I went with the Warme Tarte Tatin with Isigny cream. I was not a fan of this at all. I think the apple layer was just way too thick for me. I don’t know if that’s the way it is supposed to be, but it just wasn’t my taste and I wish I had gone with something different.

ineW90M.jpg

So, overall, I loved loved the theme, but wasn’t a huge fan of the food. I don’t know if that was just me making the wrong decisions or more of a general issue because I’ve read plenty of good reviews. So I would still recommend going, even if just to see the restaurant! But it would be very likely you could find dishes you would love though! So, overall, I still enjoyed my meal!

While I was picking at my dessert someone came by from Disney operations and was asking me about my experience at the restaurant. I did tell her that it was gorgeous, and my server was very nice, but I just didn’t really like the food, especially the dessert. I don’t know if that’s a common occurrence or if it was just because I wasn’t being distracted by anyone else, or what…

Part 8 - Stitch and a Storm!

After lunch I left the restaurant and ran into a heavy rainstorm! Some serious pouring. I had a rain jacket I pulled out, but still not the best, but I decided to plod along with my afternoon!

YNz3d4D.jpg

I considered doing the Art of Animation Academy, and even got in line, but I realized it was somewhat longer and I would have to wait, so I didn’t bother. Though I loved the figures on the hat!

63FxI3f.jpg
zqhtoSg.jpg

I then wandered over towards Stitch Live to see when the next English showtime was. And luckily, it was 15 minutes later so I decided to do that. They alternate English and French versions of the show and keep track of the number of people entering via the turnstiles so you know if you will make it into the next show or not.

OnlKLMW.jpg

Love the “hidden Stitch” in the tilework.

xM0eqt8.jpg

They also were doing the Guardians Dance-Off (as part of Marvel’s Summer of Superheroes) on a stage right next to the Stitch queue, so I got to hear that, but I didn’t bother to stop and watch it since I’ve seen the DCA version plenty of times!

I really wasn’t sure what this thing was about and deliberately tried to keep myself in the dark. It’s sort of a mix between Turtle Talk and Monsters Laugh Floor. So it was very cute with a video Stitch interacting with people in the audience (I think they actually use the same video as they do in the Totally Tomorrowland Christmas at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party). No photos allowed during the show though.

nH2Cm5U.jpg

Then, despite rain, I got in line for the marquee attraction of the Summer of Superheroes: Marvel’s Superhero United.. about 2 hrs before the actual performance!

bg6ulIw.jpg
hqACWY4.jpg
STNcLw4.jpg

See, the show had only started the day before and based on the DLP twitterverse, I knew the queue would get full over 1 hr before showtime. So I waited. In the rain. With an exceptionally bratty kid in front of me. Not exactly an ideal situation.

hd4i9co.jpg

Like literally this brat in front of me was just kicking out and hanging on the rope chains. He kicked me in the shin a couple times and stomped on my foot. Everytime he did something bad, the parents would turn around and say “no”, then immediately turn back to whatever conversation they were having and ignore him again. I tried to keep as much space between myself and the kid, but he would just use that extra space to jump around more. I even actually told him to “STOP” multiple times, which made him look at me like I had slapped him… it was just overall a horrible queue experience.

Anyways, during the wait I did get to see the other Marvel show from across the courtyard. It ended up being in French (though it did get repeated in English). I think something to do with Black Widow and Bruce Banner showing off some Iron Man technology but then Loki crashes the show and tries to steal it and finally Spiderman helps defeat him? I think there were some mini-stunts on the stage. Overall it was fine, but nothing exactly super memorable.

LcFOdVN.jpg
8FsHHHP.jpg

A video of the show from a vlogger:

Eventually the CMs opened up part of the covered queue so all the people waiting were able to get out of the rain (it sort of would come and go in the afternoon). For the DLP shows with fixed seats, they have the main undercover queue which you enter by going thru a turnstile. That lets them know how many people are waiting. Once it gets full, then that’s it, no one else can enter. They don’t even have a secondary standby line, just a CM holding up a sign saying the showing is full. And like I said earlier, for the Marvel show, that would happen at least 1 hr before the show started! Oh, and the actual theatres have 2 entrances, one on each side. So the CMs usually fill up one half of the queue then move to the other side, which means someone (cough cough, me) who ends up at the very back of the first half waiting group will enter the theatre after someone else who happened to get at the very front of the other half even though I was waiting longer… ugh!

Eventually right before the show, they let us into the theatre. I heard they had really upgraded the theatre for the Marvel show and it was cool with fun lighting effects and screens on the walls which cycled through comic book images (and were used during the actual show).

oNiJbE1.jpg
UhtyJm5.jpg
Tp0kNMj.jpg
oibbCOW.jpg
MxXKLPD.jpg

Part 9 – Superheroes Divided…

The full show was actually pretty cool. They used lots of technology and fun things like drones and projections and stunts. Also I later checked twitter (noticed a lot of the twitter people were in this showing), and seems like this one was the first where almost all the effects worked (they often had a couple breaking down and yesterday the second show was interrupted and third show cancelled flat out)! I think the flying car during the last battle scene wasn’t 100% but it was still almost there.

However, overall the story was a bit, um, basic (but I guess it really needs to be approachable for even non-Marvel fans)? It definitely isn’t consistent with Infinity War, but was written before that came out, so I didn’t have that big of an issue with it. The basic idea is Thanos decides to defeat the Avengers by using mind control (somehow he has the Mind Stone…) which makes them battle each other. Eventually Black Widow and some of the others work to overcome the mind control and make all the Avengers work together to battle Thanos instead. They do have a lot of the major superheroes: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Bruce Banner/Hulk, Scarlet Witch, Dr Strange, Black Panther, Spiderman. And Nebula also makes an appearance, but she’s still working for Thanos.

BUT, the biggest complaint I had was that it was all pre-recorded. So even though it was live actors, they used pre-recorded voices, which was just a bit weird. And contributed to the reason behind the show being cancelled so often (if there was a tech mishap it could mess up the voice recordings and all the show timing, so it was easier for them to cancel the entire show rather than get it back on track).

Oh, and at most of the DLP shows, they do them in both English and French. So some characters may only speak English and some may only speak French and some may be bilingual. For the most part the lines aren’t repeated in the different languages (unless it’s a major monologue). But in general, you get the jist of whats going on as long as you understand one of those languages.

I ended up getting a spot in the very last row, but at least it was centered. It also made me not feel guilty if I held up my camera at all since no one was behind me!

So, here are some photos of the performance (I didn’t take too many because I focused more on the show itself). And most photos are pretty wide shots because I was so far back.

rcsYq8M.jpg
dg3v2Ek.jpg
zhzSWkC.jpg

First scene, you can see the lights from the drone on the left side of the screen. Captain American and Iron Man start fighting.

MxETRlk.jpg
0me8VKm.jpg

Dr Strange and Thor (I think Dr Strange had already been taken over by Thanos’ mind control)

pZT63oR.jpg
94WFg2j.jpg

Thanos, Black Widow, and Bruce Banner

kGhBixj.jpg

Spiderman and Black Widow origin sequences. The Black Widow one was cool because at the beginning she was totally in-line with the shadow so you thought it was just the stage lights, but then you realized it was a projection and she started to fight with it.

KWEDRaw.jpg
s5yFt5a.jpg
9yql0k2.jpg
eHDkvE2.jpg
XQHNhxb.jpg
JM4CKDM.jpg

Another Dr Strange part with a screen in front of him used for projecting, which looked cool!

9OKgh7j.jpg

Iron Man flying around – moved too fast to get a good view!

4jK1rS9.jpg

Captain America

2XuZeYq.jpg
KYOoTLj.jpg

Initial battle between the Avengers with drones overtaking the stage.

4qWH3sH.jpg
pVtQ0M8.jpg
54zSrHD.jpg
4hZkQrU.jpg

Part 10 And Superheroes United!

Oh, Thanos is back! And he brought a huge drone that flew over the audience’s head. (This thing constantly stopped working in various performances and I think they scrapped it after a few weeks)

AUbeKmb.jpg
I5sjC65.jpg

I think Scarlet Witch was trying to use her abilities to make the large drone go away, but Dr. Strange was trying to thwart her. (Oh and you can sort of see Nebula just coming into the battle, controlling the drone on the stage, as well as the red car flying around the back of the stage)

irGg0YS.jpg
aNNwgbU.jpg
qYiPweB.jpg
5WBaqpg.jpg
FNwBQfH.jpg
4oKy2Zv.jpg
nHtxACm.jpg

Now Nebula brought back 4 mini drones. Guess we need the Hulk!

UP4VZ5n.jpg
u1zsiSs.jpg
kCUikEI.jpg
ECRKDv3.jpg

And finally, Thanos is defeated. And we all need to stand together as one… and take some inspiring group photos.

OFmdKby.jpg
NAaiYAq.jpg

Here’s the full video if you want to check it out (this may actually have been the exact performance I saw because I recognized the Mousesteps bloggers (where I got this video from) in the front reserved section and they had fancy cameras set up)

Overall, I was pretty impressed with the quality of work for the show. If you are visiting Disneyland Paris during one of the superhero festivals, I would try to fit it in!

Coming up - Another show! And another storm!

I headed back to the Ratatouille area, because it was time for a highly anticipated lunch – Chez Remy! That whole area is very cute and totally accurate for Paris! Well, minus the fountain of rats holding champagne bottles!

So cute!

So, overall, I loved loved the theme, but wasn’t a huge fan of the food. I don’t know if that was just me making the wrong decisions or more of a general issue because I’ve read plenty of good reviews. So I would still recommend going, even if just to see the restaurant! But it would be very likely you could find dishes you would love though! So, overall, I still enjoyed my meal!

What a cute restaurant, too bad the food wasn't good.

I considered doing the Art of Animation Academy, and even got in line, but I realized it was somewhat longer and I would have to wait, so I didn’t bother. Though I loved the figures on the hat!

63FxI3f.jpg

I miss the Animation Academy they had at DHS. See? One more reason for me to go to Paris :P

Like literally this brat in front of me was just kicking out and hanging on the rope chains. He kicked me in the shin a couple times and stomped on my foot. Everytime he did something bad, the parents would turn around and say “no”, then immediately turn back to whatever conversation they were having and ignore him again. I tried to keep as much space between myself and the kid, but he would just use that extra space to jump around more. I even actually told him to “STOP” multiple times, which made him look at me like I had slapped him… it was just overall a horrible queue experience.

Yikes. Something similar happened to me in the line for SDD and it's SO annoying >:(

The Ratatouille restaurant themeing was so cute!!! But, I do agree it was weird with the regular sized people right outside the windows. Bummer that the food wasn't amazing though.

I hate when parents let their kids behave badly in public!! I tell my students all the time, "Your parents may let you do that at home, but you will not do X in my classroom." I'm sure their parents love when they hear it repeated at home :eyeroll: But glad you got into the performance of a brand new show. Superheroes in general aren't really my thing--surprisingly, Jimmy has never gotten into them at all! However, even I can appreciate how cool that show must have been with all the characters that starred in it.

I'm sorry to hear that the Chez Remy food didn't live up to the theming. It looks so good to me, I'd definitely give it a shot despite only hearing of your so-so experience overall. Although that Ratatouille looks different. I've grown up with my aunt always making it for events and I've always enjoyed it and I've had it once or twice elsewhere but that looks... weird idk

The Marvel show sounds super cool. I'm sorry about the kid in line. That has happened to me so much in Disney queues. I've always been able to just play it off and say, "It's fine", but parents really just let kids run rampant sometimes it's awful. Just because you're in Disney does not mean your child can do whatever they want. You're a parent so PARENT ugggghhhh

ANYWAYS, that show looks super fun. The use of drones seems especially impressive and I love how they got Bruce Banner, Scarlet Witch, Nebula and Iron Man in the show. They rarely are ever used. Scarlet Witch alone would be worth it to see it (her having a M&G one day would be fab). Again, gotta get myself to the international parks asap.

The actual restaurant was just sooo amazingly themed! Like just absolutely adorable and down to the last detail. I was seated in one of the first rooms you enter,
This looks so cool, I love all the details, how can you not love Remy

Notice how the wallpaper is a bigger version of the one from the lobby!
Of course Disney would think of this!

For dessert I went with the Warme Tarte Tatin with Isigny cream. I was not a fan of this at all. I think the apple layer was just way too thick for me. I don’t know if that’s the way it is supposed to be, but it just wasn’t my taste and I wish I had gone with something different.
The dessert doesn’t look very good! Sorry the food was a miss.

Though I loved the figures on the hat!
Very cute!

So I waited. In the rain. With an exceptionally bratty kid in front of me. Not exactly an ideal situation.
Ugh, how annoying with a long wait, brat indeed!

The full show was actually pretty cool. They used lots of technology and fun things like drones and projections and stunts.
I do love anything Marvel, looks cool and not something we can see here! Glad you enjoyed it!

The theming in Chez Remy seems really intricate and fun, but I read the menu online and nothing appealed to me. At least not at its price point. Sorry your food choices weren't winners, but happy to hear you were able to get the opportunity to experience the restaurant and see it for yourself.

All right, your summary sheds some light onto Alex's pictures. :rotfl: Someone on my report was just telling me that the show had a lot of technical issues throughout its run, but I had no clue that the voices were pre-recorded.
Hopefully, since this was its first run Disney learned from their mistakes and next summer the show will run a little smoother.

The theming at Chez Remy is so cute! I'm sorry the food was disappointing though.

Glad you enjoyed the Marvel Show!

What a cute restaurant, too bad the food wasn't good.
I think it was definitively a YMMV situation. I had high hopes for it though due to Disney Tourist Blog's review!

I miss the Animation Academy they had at DHS. See? One more reason for me to go to Paris :P
We still have it at California Adventure! They actually post the schedule that morning, so you know if you want to learn to draw someone in particular, which "class" you need to attend. Last summer it was all Pixar!

I hate when parents let their kids behave badly in public!! I tell my students all the time, "Your parents may let you do that at home, but you will not do X in my classroom." I'm sure their parents love when they hear it repeated at home :eyeroll:
Yeah, it is very annoying! It's one thing when the kid is just excited and being happy, but this kid was just something else!

I'm sorry to hear that the Chez Remy food didn't live up to the theming. It looks so good to me, I'd definitely give it a shot despite only hearing of your so-so experience overall. Although that Ratatouille looks different. I've grown up with my aunt always making it for events and I've always enjoyed it and I've had it once or twice elsewhere but that looks... weird idk
Yeah, it was definitely...different. We had been served it in Paris and it was more like a stew, and I liked that version better. I was sort of hoping the Premium Ratatouille would look like the version they had in the movie (the veggies all sliced thinly).

The Marvel show sounds super cool. I'm sorry about the kid in line. That has happened to me so much in Disney queues. I've always been able to just play it off and say, "It's fine", but parents really just let kids run rampant sometimes it's awful. Just because you're in Disney does not mean your child can do whatever they want. You're a parent so PARENT ugggghhhh
Normally I give kids a lot of leeway in their behavior at Disney - it's a new place, and I'm sure they are all sugared up. It was the parents that were the worst!

ANYWAYS, that show looks super fun. The use of drones seems especially impressive and I love how they got Bruce Banner, Scarlet Witch, Nebula and Iron Man in the show. They rarely are ever used. Scarlet Witch alone would be worth it to see it (her having a M&G one day would be fab). Again, gotta get myself to the international parks asap.
It was cool seeing all of them in one show! Though you may have been disappointed in the lack of Marvel character meets last summer. The only "complimentary" one was Captain America - Spiderman was only if you booked a special Marvel package, and then they had a Marvel buffet where you got to meet 2 characters.

The dessert doesn’t look very good! Sorry the food was a miss.
It was also weird because I had eaten a Tart Tatin in the Loire Valley one morning and it was delicious. This just wasn't!

The theming in Chez Remy seems really intricate and fun, but I read the menu online and nothing appealed to me. At least not at its price point. Sorry your food choices weren't winners, but happy to hear you were able to get the opportunity to experience the restaurant and see it for yourself.

All right, your summary sheds some light onto Alex's pictures. :rotfl: Someone on my report was just telling me that the show had a lot of technical issues throughout its run, but I had no clue that the voices were pre-recorded.
Hopefully, since this was its first run Disney learned from their mistakes and next summer the show will run a little smoother.
Yeah, hopefully they will get the kinks out!

The theming at Chez Remy is so cute! I'm sorry the food was disappointing though.

Glad you enjoyed the Marvel Show!
It was a fun show and I'm glad I got to see it! Have fun in Disneyworld-your trip is coming up so quickly! (I accidentally fell off of PTRs)

Part 11 - Let the Magic Shine!

Next, I continued my afternoon of shows with Mickey and the Magician. I was super excited about this one, especially because I knew I had a good seat. I actually showed up plenty early for it (with the Mastercard seating you still join the normal queue, you just can go to the front rows instead of being part of the free for all – they don’t have any fastpass for the shows).

This show was totally awesome! It’s definitely the best stage show I’ve seen at a Disney park. It was just beautiful and had some unique elements. Mickey spoke French only, but the others were pretty bilingual. And for the most part, it wasn’t lip-syncing, so that was good!

A video of the show from Mousesteps:

The general plot is that Mickey works as a magician’s assistant. As he’s cleaning up the attic, he ends up experimenting with his own magic which causes some other characters to show up. And they actually use real illusions in the show, so it looked like people appeared and disappeared out of thin air!

The Mastercard seating was in the front section (not the front row, which I was ok with, since it let me get a better view of the whole stage). You aren’t supposed to use a camera, so I had to be very careful about only taking a few photos and even then I was discrete about it (so, sorry about the heads in the way).

Z0CeavK.jpg
bAVe3hf.jpg

Cinderella sequence. This was fun because both the Fairy Godmother and Cinderella appeared as if from nowhere (i.e. they used special tricks and lighting)

mO3jSZT.jpg
GGikBcQ.jpg
myLE0vb.jpg
PunfIa3.jpg

Beauty and the Beast

B9ky946.jpg
uUJZYR1.jpg
KHke7qE.jpg
IDDPJHu.jpg
LDfnwSJ.jpg

Lion King – this was especially cool because some of the “animals” came through the audience.

Wi7EulD.jpg
ANWQYx4.jpg
jVDPNYW.jpg
A4JWc8k.jpg
eQRpFSa.jpg
04WCOGl.jpg
rgJePq8.jpg

Part 12 "Let the Magic Shine, cont"

Aladdin – super fun sequence! Lots of special things happening here!

PBwc2TI.jpg
6svNSBF.jpg
7iM0n17.jpg
SKYGqe2.jpg

Frozen – I can’t remember if it was short or if I just didn’t take many photos.

zG8dTQi.jpg
66N0VTJ.jpg

Grand finale – Mickey gets super upset because he messes up and all the magic starts going haywire, but the Magician comes along and helps set things right.

gKC4hbk.jpg
f1UX3f9.jpg
90JzxKE.jpg
SKrVsSp.jpg
V6Ngea7.jpg

Overall, this show was superb! It’s a total must-do for anyone visiting. And it also fills up in advance, so get there early!

Though of course, another annoying guest story. Right before the show started a family came in and was allowed to sit in the handicapped seats in the front section (despite other people not being allowed to be there earlier). The dad then took out his selfie stick (which are banned at DLP), turned on the photo (with the light), and fully extended it to take a video! Like seriously – how rude can you be! Blocking the view of people behind you, taking photos when you aren’t supposed to, distracting the stage performers. I think after a while a CM came and got him to turn it all off, but it was just so rude!

After Mickey and the Magician, I just knew I needed a break. The rain had caused my feet to be soaked to the bone and I was just a soggy mess. I headed back to Sequoia Lodge, but first stopped in some of the gift shops (I don’t remember if this was in WDS or Disney Village).

It took everything in my power not to get the Ducktales tsums, but I resisted (I love that show so much)!

SUPVsOT.jpg

However… I wasn’t able to resist the Paris line and got a bunch of those. I’m careful of not buying Tsums because I know once I start, I won’t be able to stop. That happened with Funko Pops, when I got my first one less than 2 yrs ago and now I have over 30 (and of course I went from 0 -> 12 minnie ears in one year). I think I’ve decided I’m allowed to get Tsums when they are extra special or at an overseas park.

5pW6UlA.jpg
w25WObZ.jpg

(Oh and this was just my first purchase set – I got a couple more later….)

I also liked these cutie pins but didn’t get any.

DnCBsDv.jpg

Coming up - Another rainy evening!

I've heard a lot of good things about Mickey and the Magician from my DLP native friends and your pictures make it look just as good as everyone says. I love me a good quality stage show. I'd be interested to see how it measures up to my faves Magical Map, FotLK and Hocus Pocus. That would be its challenge out-doing those three.

Omg you are so smart for not getting into the Tsum Tsum craze. I was deep into it up until I left for my first CP and I had over 100. I still have over 100 but I've not bought any new ones since Florida. They've just sat in a bag for years. If I ever bought another it would be the large ones and subsequently using it as a pillow. Be practical.

I've heard a lot of good things about Mickey and the Magician from my DLP native friends and your pictures make it look just as good as everyone says. I love me a good quality stage show. I'd be interested to see how it measures up to my faves Magical Map, FotLK and Hocus Pocus. That would be its challenge out-doing those three.

Omg you are so smart for not getting into the Tsum Tsum craze. I was deep into it up until I left for my first CP and I had over 100. I still have over 100 but I've not bought any new ones since Florida. They've just sat in a bag for years. If I ever bought another it would be the large ones and subsequently using it as a pillow. Be practical.
I think the show really takes the best aspects of all of those shows! I actually just re-watched the youtube video I posted. The show incorporates awesome props, characters, live singing, projections/screens, special effects, etc!

I love looking at the Tsums, but yes, I need to be careful! I know Hong Kong Disney is obsessed with Tsums, so I'm a bit worried what I'll do over there!

Ahh I love a good stage show, this sounds and looks like a good one! I don’t know when I will be back to Paris so thanks for the review! I traveled so much when I was in my 20’s and 30’s and I am thankful for those trips, now it is only WDW most of the time!

The show looks and sounds so cute!

I was in the same boat with tsums lol I told myself I wasn't going to do it but 1 turned into WAY too many!

Those pins are so cute!!! I would not have been able to resist those!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!