"Don't anger the dolls"-A France and DLP Trip, June '18-COMPLETED (4/22-ride comparisons)

Part 18: Inventions Cont.

Characters are a bit less organized than WDW or DLR. When a character shows up, it really gets mobbed by kids. They try to go around to the tables, and with kids they will make more of a point, but as an adult, it is harder to get them to come over. I was also seated at the window, so they had to squeeze between two tables to get to my area (a couple times I just walked out to meet them). And if I was looking out the window at the castle, they thought I wasn’t interested and skipped me (though if they saw me looking at them, they did come over). But I think in the end I got photos with everyone (crappy selfies and all).

I did have a fun interaction with Captain Hook, and then when Mickey saw my WDW shirt, he was very excited and jumped up and down, making hearts with his hands. And one of the tables next to me took a photo of me and Eeyore.

5x3CVmL.jpg
1sO7oim.jpg
NQMoOJJ.jpg
M0OKstd.jpg
a46pbYs.jpg
nL1aCW9.jpg
IQMbiiL.jpg

Food itself was very good. I liked the meats and desserts, especially the steak, the little cheese pursettes, and the floating island dessert . (I think the mickey plate was supposed to be for the kids, but that wasn’t going to stop me.)

9K8tFF7.jpg
uUWHJyO.jpg
XmszFBp.jpg
kwV3wAK.jpg

I was seated next to dessert table (dangerous) and was about ready to call it quits, when I noticed they put out a fancy cake – it looked like one of the celebration cakes I saw them bring out for birthdays, so I wonder if they had an extra. It was already sliced and once it was gone there wasn’t another one, so I made sure to grab a slice, which was yummy! Chocolate cake, chocolate mousse, and some sort of fruit jelly (maybe orange or apricot?)

ong77kD.jpg

While I was there I realized I was fading fast. It was around 8pm with Illuminations not until 11 at park close (that’s because sunset isn’t until after 10). I originally planned to go back into the park and find a good spot, but knew I would not be able to enjoy it. So, I called an audible and decided to head in for the night after dinner. Turned out to be a good decision that night because once I made that decision the skies opened up and it would rain on and off the rest of the night!

When I got back to the hotel I stopped at the lounge to pick up a water bottle and soda for the next day. The CM working there was a bit annoyed because I went through the doors I had gone in during the afternoon snack, which were closed but not bolted shut. So he was in the other room (which I guess those doors were open, but it was further from the main lobby, so I didn’t enter from that direction). And he just heard the doors open and I was standing alone in the room. So it was weird, but he gave me the drinks and I headed back to my room.

jzuvblZ.jpg
u2W11yZ.jpg

I think I unpacked further and noticed I could see the ToT lights from my room, which was fun.

Z8JGVVt.jpg

I cleaned up and crashed into bed! I planned to get up earlier the next day to enjoy the Extra Magic Time!

Coming up: Marvel & Magic in the Studios

Loving your report on Disneyland Paris so far! It is awesome to see all of the different things they have over there and the Disney theming looks great! Can't wait for me!

Jon

Loving your report on Disneyland Paris so far! It is awesome to see all of the different things they have over there and the Disney theming looks great! Can't wait for me!

Jon
Thanks!
Funny thing was at the train station heading to Disney, there was an American family who matched your families ages/demographics! I had to take a second look to make sure it wasn't you guys also heading to Disney!

I just got all caught up! Man, you got alot of updates in!

With a huge tree in the center. I think the birds were animatronic?

aWsm5Z6.jpg
I really love this! I would love to sit in that room.

Storybook Land Canal Boats), which also a 5 minute. Actual was closer to 10 minutes, but not too bad. (It’s much faster loading than the Disneyland version)
We loved Storybook Canal boats in DL. This looks cute too. But the boat situation looks MUCH better.

Awsome!

Ohhh, I love this room! Looks like you are in a cavern deep down somewhere!

It was a bit surprising as I stepped up because I realized – the boats have 2 ROWS!
We didn't go on Peter Pan in DL, is it not 3 rows?

Love it!

Ummm, you NEED to use the mickey shaped plates!!! I would have as well.

Those blue ears are too cute!

Toad Hall looks really cool!

Cute character pictures at dinner!

Sounds like a really great first day!

Hope everyone had a great New Years! I kept it pretty laidback. A friend tried to convince me to come to Disneyland, but it was cold (for Southern California), and windy (which led to cancelled fireworks), so I didn't think it was worth battling the crowds!

I also started up a new trip report for my recent WDW visit: "And now for a change of plans, aka Getting sick at Disneyworld". But no worries - I will be starting to update that one, but my primary focus will be completing this one!

Day 16, Part 1: A Coaster and a Rat

Aside: I realized looking thru some of these selfies you will see me wearing a lanyard. I normally don’t do lanyards, even pin lanyards (I have one but I usually keep it in my bag). But I had one on this trip because DLP still uses a lot of paper systems. I had a pouch where I kept my Magic Access card (park ticket & room charging pass), my paper fastpasses, my paper dining reservation slips for that day (not required, but it helped to keep me organized), my room key, and anything else I needed. It made it so much easier rather than using my pockets and risking losing something (which has happened before) or needing to constantly go into my backpack. So, I highly recommend having some type of lanyard to use at DLP.

This morning I was up pretty early as I was planning on hitting up Extra Magic Hour at the Walt Disney Studios.

First, I went down to the lounge for breakfast, included in the Golden Forest Club room. It was fine, nothing amazing. But it put food in my belly. (And I’m still not counting the mass produced hotel breakfast croissants.) I didn’t take photos of the food spread because I already felt I stood out as a solo guest.

c49EIwn.jpg

So it was fine, though I decided in the future days I wouldn’t manipulate my schedule to make sure I was there for breakfast (same with the afternoon snack; if it happened, sure I’ll stop, otherwise I’d not worry about it). I was a bit worried about timing because EMH started at 8:30 and I was running a bit behind.

While walking thru Disney village I noticed some temporary stands up in the sports bar area. It was a week before the World Cup would start. I liked how the twitterverse called it a “creche for husbands and boyfriends”. They would upgrade the theming throughout the week.

jCGldQp.jpg

And over to the studios, where there was a line, but it wasn’t too bad. Once I got in line they opened up the turnstiles and everyone went in. Plenty of people rushing thru with lots of runners – a pet peeve of mine. Most everyone was heading towards Crush’s Coaster, and I was one of them!

jLa9cFU.jpg
O3624cZ.jpg

This ride normally has lines of 50 minutes or more and also doesn’t have FP. They have a single rider line, but I know it just started and I think always had super long lines too, so I never bothered. The queue was themed – not excessively so, but cute. Interesting that even during EMH we had to walk all the switchbacks. I guess they knew the line would build fast so didn’t put in any detours. Overall I think I had a 10 minute wait from enter to on ride, which wasn’t bad at all. (Some of my queue photos are blurry because I didn’t stop walking until finishing all the switchbacks outside)

VMHXSwE.jpg
KqZB3gV.jpg
3LNyJNO.jpg
IRINOBE.jpg
2nJjn9U.jpg
BCY49c4.jpg
6eriq63.jpg
NZr4n53.jpg
1MDfo0h.jpg

Wait… does this mean I can’t ride?

LGu8zub.jpg

I had purposely kept myself in the dark about what the ride would be like. I knew it spun, I knew there were parts in the dark, I knew it was sort of coaster/dark ride, but I didn’t watch any POV videos. And I was so glad about it! I loooved this ride! OMG so much fun! It’s like Primevial Whirl mixed with Space Mountain mixed with Finding Nemo. It’s like you are going thru the EAC. And it’s also not rough at all. HIGHLY RECOMMEND! There’s a reason it has such a long wait!

Here’s a point of view video from someone who has a decent camera! Though I couldn’t find any videos that really show the full effects of the major coaster twisting and turning in the dark!

One note about the vehicles though – so they fit 4 people, 2 rows back to back (so you could end up going backwards thru part of the ride, but the Imagineers designed a nice 360 experience, so it was fine). That is why they have a Single Rider line. A group in front of me had 3 people, so I got put in with them, but not until they had already started to board. It’s a continuously moving car (so think Haunted Mansion, but without the moving walkway too), so you have to get in, get situated, and locked down before the end of the relatively short platform (I know they can stop the ride, but I always hate to inconvenience people, and I was worried about causing a cascade failure like with Space Mountain). So, I had to quickly hop into the last spot in the car. I didn’t throw my backpack in first, so there was no way to get it under my legs, and ended up wedging it between myself and the guy next to me (he was ok with that). But I was so worried I would lose it, I still hung onto the handle strap. Getting out, I also had issues and tried to throw my backpack further up the platform so I could just step out, but it almost got caught in the vehicle! Luckily a CM helped with that. The actual restraints are pretty tight. I was worried on occasion I wouldn’t fit. Thankfully they did lock in. (When I rode it another time later in the visit I didn’t have my backpack with me, and it was much easier to get in and out, so if you can do it without a bag, I’d recommend that).

*An aside, I really hope the Guardians coaster is similar to this one. Don’t know if that will be the case, but it would be awesome!

WjZiLs9.jpg

Ok, off Crush’s Coaster. The line by that time was still about 15 minutes, so really I should have gone in as the next time I walked by, it had gone up to 50 min! I think if this one had FP, it probably would have been my favorite ride at DLP, but because it didn’t, I would put BTMR above it!

Anyways I headed to Ratatouille, which I was super excited for.

ugFRVvB.jpg
9Jojtdl.jpg

Only a 5 minute wait (and really that was just the walking time, as it was a complete walk on). I was put in the back row, with a couple in front of me (I should have staggered my spot so no one’s head was in front of me – be careful about that with kids).

And this ride… um… I was disappointed. It really felt just not as good as I was expecting. The trackless part that was so hyped wasn’t really necessary – the cars are so big you don’t really see the ground unless its loading or unloading. Then it’s a lot of large screens, which are obvious screens – not like Escape From Gringotts at Universal Orlando where they’ve incorporated set pieces so it looks more like you are there. I honestly, don’t know what to say. When it comes to Epcot, if it’s a carbon copy, I probably won’t be going crazy to get fastpasses for it. (And again, this is my own opinion – I know other people really love it, so to each their own!)

Another POV video

I did get to peek into the restaurant, which wasn’t open yet, and it is so well themed (though we’ll see more of it later).

skhMYra.jpg
z2baq1i.jpg

Part 2 - A painful ride!

Then, I decided to hit another EMH ride (they only have 4 or so operating at the Studios), Toy Story Parachute Drop. Just a basic drop ride, but it was nicely themed and could see around the park. Ok, but I’m glad I basically walked-on. I actually think I may have walked down the Single Rider queue, but even the normal line was still a walk-on.

QBm8fat.jpg
2mwsfEf.jpg
z2zbAT3.jpg
sMPKZbC.jpg
qJnWuMq.jpg
0WCxLxX.jpg
vSBIQbJ.jpg
giphy.gif

View from the top

sAaOrI2.jpg
pHDdbOp.jpg
yquODcN.jpg
giphy.gif

A cute ride, sort of like Jumpin Jellyfish in terms of its intensity, but much higher (think Maliboomer, for any of you DCA 1.0 visitors, without the crazy lifts).

Passed by Crush again at 9:15 and already 55 minutes with queue wrapping outside – hard pass for me!

oyIQ2vk.jpg

I then stopped up at guest relations and got a Mastercard reserved seating ticket for Mickey and the Magician. Earlier that summer Mastercard did some sort of promotion with DLP where they had some reserved seats set aside for the big shows in the Studios, all you had to do was show your Mastercard at Guest Services and get a ticket. However, the tickets were very very limited (like 20 per show), so you had to there early to get one. The seats were also some of the best in the theatre (you didn’t have a seat number, but they saved a couple rows and kept CMs stationed there checking tickets until showtime).

3pUeD3z.jpg

I passed thru the courtyard with the Marvel statues. The photos don’t do justice to how huge these guys are! The pedestals themselves are almost as tall as an average adult. I mean look at these kids with the Hulk! Very cool job on theming!

xVRiw9c.jpg
0Escqu7.jpg
YLAemKl.jpg
Q3duwF4.jpg
aIJmk2N.jpg
5OyOyEY.jpg
NEIE8i4.jpg

Trying to channel my inner-Hulk

vmnjL7Y.jpg

Then I decided to head to the last ride open for EMH, RnRC. I was worried about this one since I already have motion sickness issues with the version at DHS and I’ve heard this one was even rougher.

F1wKjFM.jpg

Another walk-on (and I think EMH was actually just ending). The opening video is different – Aerosmith is designing a coaster, not trying to get to a show.

tCmssW9.jpg
hSjNBXg.jpg
RZDjxuP.jpg
uV3i6zm.jpg
4KTwWia.jpg

You can’t see my face too well…but you may be able to tell my reaction (I think I was also in the front row).

NSIIW4J.jpg

Halfway thru the ride I was just begging for it to be over. I mean the guy next to me was a stranger and even he could just sense how much pain I was in! Just one and done for me! It’ll be interesting when they switch it to an Iron Man ride, which they are doing as they create a Marvel Land as part of the huge WDS expansion. Maybe they can work out the roughness, because that was just painful for me.

giphy.gif

Coming up - More of the Studios!

Crush's Coaster looks so so cool! I was obsessed with it for a period but I haven't seen vids or pics of it in years so WOW I'm SHOOK. That backpack situation gives me so much anxiety since I dealt with that a lot, particularly with single rider for Incredicoaster. Good to know in advanced I'll be shoving my bag between my legs immediately. :thumbsup2

I find it so interesting that you can't handle RnRC. I find it and Incredicoaster so similar but I know my body reacts different to coasters than most. And that's interesting you didn't like Ratatouille. All my local friends find it to be the best ride in the park. Hmmm, I'm extra curious now for when it opens at Epcot and all my thoughts on it.

The Marvel statues are so cool, especially the Hulk. HUGE. Wish they had Spidey though :/

Can't wait to read about the rest of your day! :mickeyjum

Wow, I never even knew there was a Crush ride, looks really cool! I’ve heard how neat Ratatouille is, sorryit didn’t impress! I’m with you RnRc way to painful, I always sit this one out!

When we did DLP we only had time for the one park and I was upset about missing out on Ratatouille - I'm glad I didn't miss anything super crazy! It sounds like I missed more with Crush's coaster which wasnt even on my radar! haha

We didn't go on Peter Pan in DL, is it not 3 rows?
It's only 1 row at Disneyland - same as Disneyworld! It was just such a shock to see! And there were other rides with an extra row, like Pinocchio was 3 rows, instead of 2, and I think Snow White was 2 rows, instead of 1 at Disneyland!

Your girls would have needed to have 2 things per day, and they would have gotten ALL of the plushes!

Ummm, you NEED to use the mickey shaped plates!!! I would have as well.
I know, really!

Those blue ears are too cute!

Toad Hall looks really cool!

Cute character pictures at dinner!

Sounds like a really great first day!
It was fun! I loved the design of those ears (they were a bit tight though), and wore them to Chefs de France this past December!

Crush's Coaster looks so so cool! I was obsessed with it for a period but I haven't seen vids or pics of it in years so WOW I'm SHOOK. That backpack situation gives me so much anxiety since I dealt with that a lot, particularly with single rider for Incredicoaster. Good to know in advanced I'll be shoving my bag between my legs immediately. :thumbsup2

I find it so interesting that you can't handle RnRC. I find it and Incredicoaster so similar but I know my body reacts different to coasters than most. And that's interesting you didn't like Ratatouille. All my local friends find it to be the best ride in the park. Hmmm, I'm extra curious now for when it opens at Epcot and all my thoughts on it.

The Marvel statues are so cool, especially the Hulk. HUGE. Wish they had Spidey though :/

Can't wait to read about the rest of your day! :mickeyjum
Crush was even tighter than with Incredicoaster! There really isn't much of a barrier between you and the edge of the ride vehicle, and because it's moving to load/unload, it is very stressful!

RnRC is very very intense there - moreso than DHS's version. I think for me, it's the upside down and jerking around that does it. On Incredicoaster, it's just the one loop - everything else is perfectly fine! And because I can see it coming I know how to brace myself better. For RnRC it's all a surprise!

That is definitely just my opinion for Ratatouille, plenty of people love it. I actually have the same thoughts as Disney Tourist Blog: https://www.disneytouristblog.com/ratatouille-ride-paris-review/
The screens just aren't executed well or integrated into the rest of the ride. There is a portion when it is integrated well (when the 3 rat cars split up), which I did like more, but when it was just a big room with a screen and 3 rat cars, it was just disappointing!

Wow, I never even knew there was a Crush ride, looks really cool! I’ve heard how neat Ratatouille is, sorryit didn’t impress! I’m with you RnRc way to painful, I always sit this one out!
Yeah, I re-rode RnRC in December, and I think that was the last time for me! It's just too rough and I don't enjoy it enough!

When we did DLP we only had time for the one park and I was upset about missing out on Ratatouille - I'm glad I didn't miss anything super crazy! It sounds like I missed more with Crush's coaster which wasnt even on my radar! haha
With one day only I'd probably still tell people to spend the time in Disneyland Parc. Just so much to see over there! Even though the Studios have a couple awesome rides and shows, it's not worth leaving DL!

I think Ratatouille just also had so much potential and they didn't execute it well enough. But I'm sure other people have totally different opinions and love it!

The Crush ride sounds awesome!

That stinks that you didn't love Ratatouille. We'll see what happens when it comes to Epcot. The restaurant looks cute!

Part 3: An awesome experience...

EMT was now over, though still not exactly a whole lot of crowds (and most of them end up running to Crush’s Coaster, which seems silly to me – go on other things that have really low waits during that first little bit, then get in the longer line). But I did get to appreciate some of the props and decorations in that area of the park. (Do they still have this at DHS, or was it in the area which was demolished? I don’t remember if I’ve ever seen it in person)

TJ6g6eP.jpg

I decided to head over to Tower of Terror, which isn’t open for EMT. It is identical to the old DCA version, though outside they have a full rose garden and such which was cool.

EjEh2IV.jpg
wwNANHt.jpg
MTMp1cp.jpg
chlSZcJ.jpg

Needs more cobwebs in my opinion

SMBg9pw.jpg
s4PDbiR.jpg
yTGFFYQ.jpg

Ok, that’s more like it

t1eYFeJ.jpg

Another “super fun” guest interaction, as we got to the point where you group for the library the CM needed to find out the number of people for the group in front of me.

CM (in English): “How many are in your party”
Guy (in English): “I don’t speak French.”
CM: “Ok… (slowly) how many people are in your group?”
Guy: “I don’t speak French.”
CM: …
Waves him through

Afterwards the CM and I made eye contact and we both rolled our eyes at each other. I tried to make a joke about not speaking French (I don’t remember exactly what I said), and she laughed under her breath. She then had to ask that family to move further into the waiting area outside the library and they just didn’t get it. So, being the experienced Disney person I am, I just walked around them. And they proceeded to shoot me crazy dirty looks like I was cutting in line. Dude – it’s a room, everyone is going to be gathered together. Though to be polite, I could have strategically placed myself and gotten ahead of everyone in the room, but I was nice and basically waited in the corner until everyone else filed out of the library… ugh.

22wUeOh.jpg
rO2l99b.jpg
fwVmKlw.jpg

The actual ride is pretty much identical to the one in California Adventure before Guardians took over. While I know makes some people really worried they could do the same thing since Marvel Land will be nearby in the Studios expansion. I don’t think the current concept drawings show it that way, but it’s Disney, who knows?

While the ride itself was the same, my overall experience was truly amazing! Probably one of the very best ones I’ve had ever!

So, as we are all lined up in the boiler room waiting to get onto the elevator, the CM door opens (and actually almost hit me, but I was standing too close to the swing). Out steps this CM, who just looked like he belonged in the Tower. Like, truly made for it! He started walking around the group and inspecting everyone to make sure we were lined up properly. If you weren’t standing perfectly centered on your number, he would just stand right there, look down, look up at you and sigh, until you adjusted yourself. Some little girls were standing next to me and they giggled. So then as he walks by them, he does a snarky laugh – “oh he he he he, ugh”. I was literally almost in hysterics! I wish I had gotten the whole thing on video, but this is the best I did

So, after inspecting everyone, he went back into the CM area and then opened the doors for us to board the elevator. I was in the front of row 2 (so middle right). He let in Row 3, then Row 4. And I know the drill – Row 2 is next, so I started to follow after Row 4. Oh – what a mistake! He was horrified! And shooed me back into place and gave me a death stare! So, he went ahead and called forward Row 5, then Row 1, and Row 6! Then finally after another lengthy pause, allowed Row 2 to enter! Honestly, the whole thing was just so perfect and I’m not even explaining how truly amazing it was! I think that experience alone upgraded the trip!

giphy.gif

Part 4 - ... the toys...

I headed back over to Toy Story Playland to hit up the last ride. While it seems I did a lot of ping-ponging across the park, it really is pretty small (like the size of Fantasyland + Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom).

The last ride I needed to go on was Slinky Dog Zigzag Spin

6qBy95a.jpg

As always, the queue is pretty cute and detailed, though it needs some maintenance work as the sun exposure has faded a lot of the paint.

7GusggV.jpg
5MySWaJ.jpg
b7ea65A.jpg

The wait was definitely longer than the 5 minutes posted (more like 15 minutes), but that’s also because it’s another slow loader (CMs have to unload everyone, load new people, check restraints, correct guests who aren’t seated correctly, run ride, rinse and repeat). Basically it’s Slinky Dog chasing his tale, with some mini rises and drops, but it just runs in a circle. It’s fun enough, but I’m happy DHS got Slinky Dog Dash, not the spin.

EcZIPQN.jpg
lmItpjH.jpg
TQvhdCU.jpg

giphy.gif

The ride itself actually can get some decent g-forces (like I was forced to the side of the car as it went around). Of course not all the guests care to read instructions and the family in front of me tried to put their little kids on the outer edge, which would have made them total squished and it took a bit for the CMs to explain how they needed to move the little 4-yr old to the center…

giphy.gif

Afterwards I ended up walking a bit around Toy Story Playland just to take in the details. Very cute stuff.

6G0Qka9.jpg
uH3OFod.jpg
VICF2wu.jpg
8gcQkYi.jpg
Sgr3SqB.jpg
saqnYIT.jpg
5R0nU4w.jpg
edAYsSY.jpg
n5bdFFG.jpg
XGj4n7x.jpg
rBOs36W.jpg
SDVvzX5.jpg
FFZRylT.jpg
wZ26Cjj.jpg

Overall, despite some cute features, I’m sort of meh on this version of Toy Story Land. Some things are certainly cute, but with more money they really could have made it fabulous. It also is unfortunate that they decided to cut costs even further and just put a copy in Shanghai and Hong Kong. At least the Orlando version is more unique and over 2x the size.

Part 5: ... a Horrible Experience!

So, onto my next ride, which was also my worst experience at DLP.

Rather than having a full Carsland (though they continue to have rumors maybe it could get added as another phase to the WDS expansion), they have a single ride: Quatre Roues Rallye.

N7pNlHE.jpg

The posted wait time was only 15 minutes but it definitely was over 30 minutes, which was pretty annoying because they ended up having it open during one of the EMHs I went to and it was basically a walk-on, but anyways, that’s not why it sucked.

The queue itself is sort of like they put all the Cars things into one building, but focused on just posters or signs with just a handful of props.

h0wCGcn.jpg
2kw8oA6.jpg
PMQxwWH.jpg
2lh2if3.jpg
4oA3nm3.jpg
LVPLesN.jpg
RLF21j7.jpg
XmIpuMg.jpg
FHZc2Ce.jpg
tRPlBm8.jpg
jt0d81V.jpg
m1HWfP6.jpg

So, as I’m waiting in the line I realize there is a lady with a kid behind me (based on ages I’d say it was a Grandma and her grandson). He was playing on all the handrails and continually would end up climbing further and further, often right next to me. She would walk up and either take him down or just stand next to him, so I realized – she’s trying to cut in line. Like really? You’re trying to cut one person in line? I tried my best to block her off, but unfortunately the queue line was too wide for one person, so at the very end she was able to get in front of me. ARGH!!!!

giphy.gif

The thing is… that wasn’t the horrible experience. Once we all get to the front of the line, it’s finally time to ride. The ride is sort of like a budget version of Mater Junkyard Jamboree/Alien Swirling Saucers. It’s less swinging around (more just spinning) and there are 2 figure 8's on separate tracks, not the whole thing looping around. The cars have 2 rows, but you have to be careful of seating as they can’t be off balance, so if you have kids they have the kids in the front and adult in the back.

L1xkiqD.jpg
BSPXXSQ.jpg
hXSfhAP.jpg

giphy.gif

Anyways, I go and get into my car (the backseat). And I already was a bit self-conscious because I was the only solo rider. And I pull out the seat belt, extend it to its furthest point and… like an inch too short. The two belt pieces could touch but not snap together. Ugh – I know I am larger, but I’ve actually never not been able to fit on a ride at any Disney park.

giphy.gif

So, as the CM is coming around to check on restraints, I point out, I can’t make them click. She doesn’t seem to believe me and has me show again, so I show they won’t snap together. And she walks away. Calls out to another CM (in French, so I don’t know what was said), who also comes over and looks pretty dumbfounded as to what to do. At that point every other person on the ride is strapped in and checked, so everyone on the ride and in line and on the outside of the ride knows I am the only hold-up. Then they call to ANOTHER CM who goes back to the ride operating booth and pulls out a seat belt extender. Rather than trying to make it more discrete, he holds it up high and walks across the entire ride to throw it to one CM who gives it to me. I quickly strapped in, but was just so humiliated, so I was probably pretty red in the face. It just truly wasn’t handled well at all by the CMs and I wanted to get up and run away after the ride. And of course the ride itself was pretty mediocre, so not worth the wait or the experience.

giphy.gif

Coming up - two awesome shows...

Sounds like a great time at ToT! Except for the weirdo who family who didn't "speak french" :rotfl:

The details of Toy Story Playland are cute!

Wow that a terrible experience on the Cars ride, I'm sorry that happened.

Oh, and in other news (if you haven't noticed in my signature): I officially booked my flights to Shanghai/Hong Kong and Tokyo next year! It would have been cool if I could have scheduled that trip within 12 months of the DLP trip, so I could have officially gone to all parks in the same year, but this will have to do! I'll be going over Halloween, so I get to see each of the parks Halloween stuff and then also catch the start of the Tokyo Christmas season! I'm terrified and excited!
This sounds incredible!!!! I would also be terrified, but wow, what an experience you're in for!!

The themeing of everything you've posted about seems incredible, but this picture just stuck out to me. It so perfectly captures Skull Rock like it popped right out of Peter Pan.

Wait… does this mean I can’t ride?

LGu8zub.jpg
LOL

Sounds like an awesome experience at ToT and a not so great experience at The Cars ride!

Ugh for line cutters just not cool, I just hate that!

Postscript: I did see them on someone and fell in love with the color…so I fed the ebay pirates and ordered. But look- how cute (a preview photo from my December WDW trip):

UKzvqmi.jpg

Those are cute and I love your shirt!

That castle really is gorgeous.

It really is :love:

Malificient! This was after the whole WDW incident with fire, and they hadn’t restarted the fire at DLP yet. So it was just smoke.

e2ZHpKB.jpg

Aw, I miss her. I think it's smart to just do smoke though :scared:

So, as the CM is coming around to check on restraints, I point out, I can’t make them click. She doesn’t seem to believe me and has me show again, so I show they won’t snap together. And she walks away. Calls out to another CM (in French, so I don’t know what was said), who also comes over and looks pretty dumbfounded as to what to do. At that point every other person on the ride is strapped in and checked, so everyone on the ride and in line and on the outside of the ride knows I am the only hold-up. Then they call to ANOTHER CM who goes back to the ride operating booth and pulls out a seat belt extender. Rather than trying to make it more discrete, he holds it up high and walks across the entire ride to throw it to one CM who gives it to me. I quickly strapped in, but was just so humiliated, so I was probably pretty red in the face. It just truly wasn’t handled well at all by the CMs and I wanted to get up and run away after the ride. And of course the ride itself was pretty mediocre, so not worth the wait or the experience.

I'm sorry, that sounds like a rotten experience. That's definitely not a nice way to treat a person :hug:

I'm loving your DLP report and of course, it makes me want to go! I'll just have to add it to the list!

Needs more cobwebs in my opinion

SMBg9pw.jpg
Def needs more cobwebs... It looks like a maintence person cleaned them up by mistake.

Some little girls were standing next to me and they giggled. So then as he walks by them, he does a snarky laugh – “oh he he he he, ugh”.
That would have been Morgan and Gwen. Feeling akward, sot hey just laugh.

So, he went ahead and called forward Row 5, then Row 1, and Row 6! Then finally after another lengthy pause, allowed Row 2 to enter! Honestly, the whole thing was just so perfect and I’m not even explaining how truly amazing it was! I think that experience alone upgraded the trip!
Ha!

Basically it’s Slinky Dog chasing his tale, with some mini rises and drops, but it just runs in a circle. It’s fun enough, but I’m happy DHS got Slinky Dog Dash, not the spin.

EcZIPQN.jpg
Morgan and Gwen love this type of ride. When we were in Bush Gardens Williamsburg this summer, there was no line for this ride. They went on it WAY too many times.

Love this bench!

The ride is sort of like a budget version of Mater Junkyard Jamboree/Alien Swirling Saucers. It’s less swinging around (more just spinning)
Just looking at it, you can tell it is budget version.

looping around. The cars have 2 rows, but you have to be careful of seating as they can’t be off balance, so if you have kids they have the kids in the front and adult in the back.
That sounds like a terrible design.

This video alone makes me want to barf.

Rather than trying to make it more discrete, he holds it up high and walks across the entire ride to throw it to one CM who gives it to me. I quickly strapped in, but was just so humiliated, so I was probably pretty red in the face. It just truly wasn’t handled well at all by the CMs and I wanted to get up and run away after the ride. And of course the ride itself was pretty mediocre, so not worth the wait or the experience.
I am so sorry to hear this!

Never! But this shame is def much worse... I am sure at the time it felt that bad.

I hope the expierence didn't ruin the rest of your day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter