Donna's

DonnaRy

Mouseketeer
Players:

• Me (Disney fanatic & former Disney Store cast member)
    Joe (my darling husband and Disney fan too)

We're both mid 30's, but love to act like kids since we don't have any of our own yet. (Not due to lack of trying /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )

Thursday, October 5:
We had a flex passport which included an early admission, so we decided to use that on our first day. The park opened at 8:30am for early admission and 10am for regular admission. We were at the gates at 8:15am and I expected to be on the end of a really long line, but the lines were short. Fantasyland and Tomorrowland were open early. They let us in at 8:30am on the dot.

Since we don't ride Space Mountain or Star Tours (both have really bad motion sickness), we headed straight for the Matterhorn (one of our favorites) and rode it twice walking right on both times. They only had the left side opened, so I knew I would be back to ride the right side (for some reason I like that side better). After that, we headed for Fantasyland and rode Dumbo, Mr. Todd, Peter Pan, the Carrousel, and Alice in Wonderland walking right on all of these too.

At about 9:15am, we headed back to Main Street for Cafe Mocha's and cinnamon rolls at the Blue Ribbon Bakery. There were just a few people ahead of us and we had a nice relaxing breakfast. We noticed at about 9:40am, they were roping off Main Street to let the 10am crowd into the park. It took a minute or two to figure out how to get back in with our early admission, but found a sign directing us through one of the shops where they were checking tickets.

We decided to wait at the rope at Adventureland (along with about 100 other people) to ride Indy as soon as they let the rope down at 10am. Well, they dropped the rope and we ran straight to Indy and were the third family in line. We were all so excited to be the first ones on, then they announced mechanical problems and they couldn't let us into the attraction until they got "the call." They said it could be anywhere from 10 min to hours. We waited about 15 min. and then a cast member came up from inside the attraction and they decided to rope the thing off and asked us to check back. They didn't have fastpass up either since they didn't know when it would be working. That was a disappointment! /infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

We went from there to the Blue Bayou to make our lunch reservations. It's just not the same unless we have lunch there. There was a small line, but we got reservations for 12n (when they opened for the day).

After that, we went on Pirates of the Caribbean with about a 5 min wait. This is were we encountered the most rude behavior!! My husband and I were in the second row, an older man alone in the third row, and an older couple in the fourth row. As the boat took off and headed past the Blue Bayou, the man behind us was sitting sideways loudly chatting with the man behind him all about how he lives close by and comes to the park every Thursday morning. He went on and on talking about tickets prices, Disneyworld, etc. He was just carrying on a regular conversation loud enough for the entire boat to hear during the attraction. You could hardly hear the music and Pirates over him! Finally, after the battle scene, I had had enough. I turned around and said "Excuse me, can you save the chit chat for after the attraction, we don't get to enjoy the park as often as you do." He did shut up, but acted insulted that I asked him to be quite. We ended up riding Pirates again, so we could enjoy the ride in peace and quiet.

After Pirates, we rode the Haunted Mansion and then headed for Critter Country. I shopped in my favorite store (Pooh Corner) and managed to get away with just a Pooh sweatshirt and mug. Then we lined up for the Country Bears and after waiting about 20 minutes, they announced mechanical problems and asked us to check back after 12n.

We decided to shop in New Orleans Square since we had lunch reservations there. When we headed over to the Blue Bayou at about 11:50am for our 12n reservations, we couldn't believe the mob of people trying to get to the podium! Usually there is some kind of orderly line, but it was total chaos. We did manage to work our way in and was called quickly. We had a great table right at the edge of the water and our lunch was just excellent. I had the roasted pork lion with the most wonderful potatoes, veggies, and root beer spiced apples. My husband had the jambalaya which he added a little extra spice to (he said it wasn't quite spicy enough). We also had the Mardi Gras salad to start, which had a wonderful roasted red pepper dressing and is sprinkled with sugared pecans.

After lunch, we got a Fastpass for Indy and the return time was three hours away. So we walked through Frontierland (most of which is closed right now) and Fantasyland (which was packed) over to Toon Town. We shopped a little and looked around. After that, we rode the Matterhorn again (this time the right side of the mountain) with about a 15 min. wait. We decided to ride the railroad from the Toon Town station to Main Street and do some shopping until our Indy fastpass time.

We used fastpass several times while at Disneyworld this past February and it was great. It was just as great at DL. We got on the fastpass return line at Indy at 4:30pm and were done riding at 4:50pm, which everyone else was waiting 45 min. just to ride. We picked up another fastpass on the way out to come back later.

Well after all day on our feet, we realized we are not as young as we used to be and decided to call in a day at about 6:30pm. We were coming back the next day (Friday), so we figured we'd do everything we missed then. Plus, we started our vacation in Las Vegas and had already walked non-stop for 2 1/2 days there. /infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

poohmail.gif

[This message was edited by DonnaRy on 10-09-00 at 11:10 PM.]

Thanks for posting such a detailed trip report. DH and I were there Oct. 6-8 and you helped me relive the experience. I can't wait to go back. We ate at the Blue Bayou as well. I thought I was just going for the atmosphere until I took a bite of that wonderful food. Thanks for the memories.

Donna,
Nice report. I see you are like me in the fact that you like to shop at Disneyland. It's one of the big reasons I go. I'm glad you and Joe had a good time. Are you going to post a report on your return to Disneyland? /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

KarenT

cinderella07.gif

<font color=navy>What a fun report. Thank you. What a bummer, though, to be right up there- one of the first in line, just to have the ride break down. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

I'm so glad you enjoyed the rest of your stay, though. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><font color=#FF0066>Mary Jo
mms.gif

Disneyland Board Co-Moderator

My Disneyland Site
My Sequoia/Yosemite Trip

What a fun day. In all of the trips to DL haven't been able to eat at the BB - one of my goals for a future trip. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!