Donations to Cuba

MamaLema

DIS Veteran
I haven’t been in 25 years. Anyone been lately and would like to share what items are most needed?

So far I have
Toothbrushes
Toothpaste
Bars of soap
Few brand new pairs of shoes never worn

What else should I give?
Thank you

Hi
We went last year and we filled our suitcases with all sorts of stuff.
We left with almost empty suitcases.
:T shirts,long sleeve shirts/sports shirts
:Jeans kids and adults
:hoodies kids and adults/sweatshirts kids adults
:windbreakers kids and adults
:baseball caps
:Advil,tylenol,cold medication,VITAMINS ---kids and adults.
:lots of reading glasses 125-200 strength
: personal hygiene products
KIDS****pens,pencil pencil crayons,crayons,markers

My son and daughter in law connected with a Veterinarian who owns a farm there and they were able to take him a lot of animal medication via some special permit they applied for in Canada.
My son and my daughter in-law spent a day just visiting him and his family,,such kind caring people.
Many people live such a different life than the ones we see at the Resorts.
Everything we offered was so needed and kindly accepted.

Thanks for taking the time to care ,,they really do appreciate it.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Because of our family interests we took some less common but even more me greatly appreciated things:
Guitar strings (nylon) for the guitar players who will be serenading you. Some haven’t changed their guitar strings in years yet still sound amazing. We got so many amazing reactions to giving them away. Also violin strings for violinists.
Trumpet valve oil. Inexpensive from your local music instrument store but invaluable to the trumpet players.
Anti fog spray for diving masks. The dive masters can’t get it there but are ecstatic to receive Some.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!