Donate to Give Kids the World and Pete will drink Starbucks coffee!

WebmasterLeah

DIS Veteran
http://blog.wdwinfo.com/2013/04/01/lawsuit-seeks-to-ban-starbucks-in-the-magic-kingdom/

While this was a funny April Fool's joke, it is also much more than that. At the end of the blog, Jack issued us a challenge - raise $1,000 for Give Kids the World and Pete will drink a cup of Starbucks coffee in the remodeled Main Street Bakery! But, now comes the secondary challenge - raise $5,000 and let's see what that will get Pete to do! Please help us support this worthy cause and get the added bonus of watching Pete drink Starbucks! :woohoo::banana::cool1:

From the blog - "If you’ve read this far, you’ve probably realized the “AVRIL lawsuit” is an April Fools’ joke. But now that I have your attention, let me ask you to support Give Kids the World by getting Pete Werner to drink Starbucks “swill” from the Main Street Bakery when it opens (sometime in mid-May).

Anyone who has listened to (or watched) the Orlando DIS Unplugged podcast knows that while Pete says, “coffee is an important part of my life,” he intensely dislikes Starbucks coffee. On the November 14, 2012, podcast, Pete urged listeners to support an online petition against replacing the Main Street Bakery with a Starbucks, saying, “I’ll complain ’til the cows come home about crappy Disney coffee and the Main Street Bakery is home of crappy Disney coffee. But I’ll take that crappy Disney coffee at the Main Street Bakery any day over a cup of swill from Starbucks.”

But Pete loves Gives Kids the World more than he detests Starbucks coffee. It didn’t take much arm-twisting to get Pete to agree that, if we can raise a mere $1000 for Give Kids the World, he will drink a cup of Starbucks “swill” at the Main Street Bakery in the Magic Kingdom when the Starbucks opens. Frankly, I think Pete underestimates the generosity of Starbucks lovers. We can do better than $1,000. Let’s raise $5,000 and see what Pete is willing to do.

So please, Starbucks lovers unite, donate to Give Kids the World at the Power of Ten “FDE” First Giving page before May 15, 2013. (“FDE” is an abbreviation for a coffee “term” Pete has used.)"

Just a reminder

Starbucks
Starbucks
Starbucks
Starbucks
Starbucks
Starbucks

Starbucks

What I mean is that a donation of any size, large or small, makes a big difference.

Please help us raise money for Give Kids the World! This is a great way to make that donation, plus get the added bonus of some fun entertainment as well!!

Only 22 days to go!

And, I gotta tell you - the $100 that Denise gave was for me making good on a dare, and a pretty silly dare at that. Not dangerous, just silly.

So, if you don't have the cash yourself to donate, bet someone $20 that you won't do something silly, and then do it, just to
1) do something silly every once in a while
*and*
2) raise money for Power of 10 / GKTW.

Have fun!

James

Only 22 days to go!

And, I gotta tell you - the $100 that Denise gave was for me making good on a dare, and a pretty silly dare at that. Not dangerous, just silly.

So, if you don't have the cash yourself to donate, bet someone $20 that you won't do something silly, and then do it, just to
1) do something silly every once in a while
*and*
2) raise money for Power of 10 / GKTW.

Have fun!

James

Way to go James and Denise!

Success!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheer2:

Thank you to all the generous folks who donated.

But don't think we can stop now.

More can give. Please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter