Donald's Breakfastosaurus

This was one of our favorite character meals 3 years ago. The waiter clowned around w/ the kids & they enjoyed him as much as the characters. We had one of the latest PS and I don't remember food running out being a problem. We definetly did not feel rushed. Having a later breakfast allowed us to rush to the safari as soon as the park opened & ride it w/ a fast pass before the PS. Only problem was breakfast was at the other end of the park then!

We love Donald's! :teeth: We've eaten here 2x now & have always had the latest seating possible. The characters have always been: Donald, Mickey, Pluto & Goofy when we have gone. I think there are usually less people in the restaurant by the last seating (at least when we went.) There was always plenty of food & great character interaction. We usually end up seeing one-two of the characters twice after they've made all of their rounds. I would definitely recommend this breakfast. HTH!:earsboy:

I would have to rate this pretty low on the scale of good food. While the character interaction and the servers are both delightful and attentive I find the food quality to be quite poor. A medium/low in terms of buffet type food. I would suggest Ohana over this in a heart beat as I believe the food quality there is infinitely better while the server and character interaction are comparable.

I really, really liked Donald's - We took the last seating. We had the last seating of the morning. They ran out of some stuff, but when I asked for it - the server immediately went out to the kitchen and brought me a heaping plate full of whatever I asked for - which was a little embarrassing when I asked for more jelly donuts. This is a very fun breakfast. I did not feel any more rushed here than anywhere else. I got to spend a lot of quality time goofing around with Donald - we sang a song (well, he quacked) and we got a lot of time with Mickey - we saw Pluto and goofy a number of times throughout our meal.

I would highly recommend doing this in a late seating, but overll this was our favorite experience.

It was much more casual and fun - because of the servers - to eat here than Chef Mickey's. I liked the food too, but I love breakfast pizza.

Last trip, because of all the positive reviews for Donald's, we tried it again. Again, we walked out of there and have decided we will not try it again. We were very rushed and did not enjoy the experience. We were instructed to have autograph books and cameras ready, as chacters would not be able to wait.

What I have read here and may be the BIG difference is that we had one of the very first PS of the day. It seems like a lot of the replies here have been positive when people have scheduled a later PS.

While we will not choose to dine here again, I wonder if that may be the difference. Or, we just have bad luck.:confused:

I hope everyone has a wonderful time.

cgcw,

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. I can say that it isn't solely a matter of seating time. We had a very early seating. I'm pretty sure it was the first one. But I can't promise that. We had a wonderful time and never felt rushed. We were there around October 20th. So, it wasn't really crowded. Were you there peak season? Maybe it could be a combination of both?

We were instructed to have autograph books and cameras ready, as chacters would not be able to wait.

I assume you've never been to any other character meals, or don't enjoy them either then. This is the usual spiel given at all of the ones I have attended

I just scheduled this breakfast for Fri May 14 and the CM said I can put you in at 8:10 am or would you like something later. I asked about the lastest time possible and she offered 10:30 am. I said great I'll take it. AK is EMH that day so we will do alot in the two + hours before breakfast and then have a late lunch/dinner. After breakfast I would take time to watch some of the shows and just enjoy AK. We always seem to rush thru this park to get to somewhere else.

SO for me a late PS at Donald's was right.
And I'm hungry just thinking about it.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter