Donald's Breakfastosaurus

grammagail

Mouseketeer
We will be making our first trip from 6/22 - 6/28/04. We are taking my 4 yo GS and wanted to do a couple character meals. I already made PS for HDDR - but can't make my PS for DB until 3/23 - (we want to do this 6/23 - our first full day there).

From experience, is this very difficult to reserve? I've read I should start calling exactely 90 days at 7:00am.

Also - what is the recommendation for a good time? It is NOT an EE for AK that day. I was thinking early - like 8:30 - so we would be done soon after park opens anyway.

Thanks for any help.

Donald's is a favorite for our family, and a must-do every trip! I usually call right at 90 days out to make sure I get the time I want, but this isn't one where you have to dial right at 7am - it's not like trying to get Cindy's breakfast, thank goodness.

We like to get the earliest PS time (I think it's 8:10) on a non-EMH day so that we are just finishing breakfast around the time the park opens. That always works really well for us.

Thanks - that's what I thought too. Trying to get 5 of us up and out and there by 8:10 might be pushing it - but I think I"m up for trying. We're staying at ASMo - is it difficult to get to DB onsite with disney transportation? How long should I allow for travel time?

We're getting in the day before at 10:00 am and am "planning" on hitting MK right away. Can't wait for my grandson to experience Mickey LIVE.

Thanks for quick answer.

I actually really like to do Donald's at the latest possible seating because you get more time, more food, and basically a better time in my opinion. This gives you time to meander over to Donald's rather than rush through the trails trying to make that PS time early in the morning. There is a character greeting spot right next door so it also gives you time to do that too. AK is a half day park anyways so your not rushing to see everything, take your time here and enjoy Donald's - definately our favorite Character breakfast - I really like Donald and he is alot of fun at this breakfast.

Oh, and no need to kill yourself to get those PS's early - while it is a popular breakfast, it is not as hard to get as Chef Mickey's. You could probably even call that week and get a spot - it just wouldn't be your first choice.

We loved Donald's. But, we did it a little differently. We got a later seating, I'd say around 10ish. That way, we didn't need to eat lunch. It was actually an EE day tho. We did just about everything we wanted to do, then we ate. We pick and choose the things we do at AK each trip so we do something a little different. ANd it gets so hot in there by lunchtime that we find we need to leave for the day after eating.

When we had our early PS's before park opening, there was a bus marked "Character Breakfast" that would come to the resorts just for that reason. I haven't heard lately, but I hope they are still doing this. We caught the bus around 7:30 to get to AK in plenty of time for our 8:10 PS. We've done this twice (the other time, on our first visit, I can't remember what time our PS was for, although I know it was early) and it works very well for us. We did try a later character breakfast at Hollywood & Vine before they discontinued it, and we found that we didn't enjoy stopping our park tour mid-morning to go have a sit-down meal. That's just our preference though, obviously it works very well for some to do it that way. Just think about your family and what you think will work out best and go with it. Either way, I think you'll really enjoy Donald's - I know we always do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter