Don’t Know If She’s Elated or Gassy: Disney World with a Newborn, Feb 2020. Day TR UPDATE 9/18

Caught up! Hope you all are safe and well!

I think it’s good to bring babies to restaurants when possible so they get used to being there, and there’s no more acceptable place to bring babies to restaurants than at Disney. :wizard:
I agree :) And babies fussing in restaurants is no big deal; if anyone WAS looking at you funny who cares!!!
Apparently, this is an ongoing issue with Amazon orders and that’s why Disney recommends Garden Grocer.
Wow didn't know that since we never order but sorry for all that ordeal! Hope your next day/first full day was a good one 🌞

Day 2, Part 1: Baby’s First Characters

We woke up around 8 and started getting ready for our 10:25 breakfast reservation.

RCuNbtv.jpg

Good morning sleepyhead!

My goal was to leave the room by 10. Two hours seems like it should be enough, but when you’re talking about getting four people ready, one of whom is a baby and another of whom typically takes that long to get ready on a good day, in one room that had two showers but only one toilet, it’s an optimistic goal.

Those of you who read my September report might remember that even on days when we had breakfast plans, my dad still insisted on eating something in the room. I made sure he didn’t do that today, as I knew it would only delay us further. I did make sure he knew that we were going to a buffet, so that his belly would definitely be full.

I got April ready in her outfit of the day, then my dad watched her while I got ready. He did a little photoshoot.

Gbt63dp.jpg

I believe we did manage to leave on time, at least my notes don’t say differently. So we either left on time, or not late enough that I was too worried.

We went to the monorail station at the Grand Ceremonial House. I think this was the day that Dad realized he’d forgotten something in the room (his phone, I believe), leaving my sister and I to navigate the GCH elevators ourselves. That was not fun. Turns out he’d also forgotten the monorail station was on the second floor, so he didn’t realize he’d be leaving us to our own devices in that regard.

We went through security and rode the monorail the two stops to Magic Kingdom, then went to the restaurant to check in.

From April’s outfit, you probably guessed that we were dining at the Crystal Palace this morning!

I checked us in and we waited on the porch for our family to be called. And waited. And waited.

ExhLk1Q.jpg

A little after 11 am, almost an hour after our reservation time, I finally asked what was up. The number of people waiting on the porch had dwindled to almost nothing, and many parties who’d arrived after us had been called in. I knew that didn’t necessarily mean they’d forgotten about us or that we missed our name being called, but I was getting suspicious. Finally, after I spoke to three different cast members, I was told we’d been called 10 minutes ago. I had definitely been standing right by the front door the whole time and we had not been called. That was annoying and I was pretty hangry. Luckily, little April slept the whole time so that was one less thing to deal with.

They hadn’t given away our table or anything; it had just been waiting empty for us. So at least we still got to eat!

Our waitress came by and took our drink order. I got orange juice and Dad and sis got coffee. We were advised to start getting food, as it would be a bit before the characters came around. April was still sleeping nice in her sling, so we were all able to get food at the same time!

I got at least three plates, but only took a picture of the first one. Buffet plates aren’t the most photogenic anyway. No one’s going to pass my plate in a buffet restaurant and assume it was prepared by a gourmet chef.

qndsL03.jpg

During our time, we got to see each character, and I think most if not all of them came by twice since we were there for awhile. We got some great pictures and because we were seated late, the silver lining was we got to take advantage of both breakfast and lunch.

OZlf1te.jpg

nXpbK0S.jpg

Xs0q2c4.jpg

dNhcQBq.jpg

5IHVTJJ.jpg

x5aRshP.jpg

Bk8dLLn.jpg

igNoUuf.jpg

6bG2Rkg.jpg

tehjm0Y.jpg

F759jYt.jpg

BFUdMr5.jpg

I really like the food here. It’s pretty standard, nothing mind-blowing or incredibly unique, but it’s a solid choice for both types of meals with enough to satisfy anyone.

April slept pretty much the whole meal which was great. It made pictures a bit challenging but as you can see they came out well. Better than having her cry the whole time!

By the way, that dress was adorable but quite big on her. Supposedly it was a 0-3 month size which is what she was wearing in onesies during this trip, but it was practically falling off her. Hopefully she hasn’t grown past it by the time the parks open again.

After our filling brunch, I decided to take advantage of the nearby Baby Care Center to change April and feed her. I have to say, I loved the Baby Care Center at the Magic Kingdom. I’d been to the one at Hollywood Studios and that one was nice, but the nursing room was basically a closet with just one chair. The nursing room here had about five very comfortable rocking plush chairs, each of which swivel so that you can pump or nurse without facing anyone else if you don’t want to (during one of my visits there were two girls who were friends and had their chairs face each other).

I nursed April for about half an hour and texted my dad to let him know they should entertain themselves until I was done. When I left at around 12:45, I expected to have to search awhile for them, but it turns out they’d stayed on the bridge across from the center so DS could practice using the scooter (we usually rent a wheelchair for her, so this was one of her first times using a scooter).

Up next it was time for our first Fastpass! This was actually originally our third Fastpass. I’d had one scheduled for right before breakfast and one for what I believed would be right after, but the day unfolded differently than I’d anticipated 60 days earlier, so I rescheduled those.

We made our way back to the front of the park. This was a very important Fastpass!

April’s first time meeting Mickey!

3gPlLXB.jpg

I have to admit, I haven’t been a big character person since reaching adulthood. I don’t have a huge urge to meet them and I don’t usually find that characters put the same amount of effort into meets with adults as they do with kids. But I knew with April, that would change and I’d want to introduce her to the characters pretty early on, so that she’s less likely to be scared of them when she gets older. I knew I wanted one of her first characters to be Mickey, so I’d snagged this FP.

HGWY6ry.jpg

E5BdKsO.jpg

etVvUIY.jpg

Z3LwUbz.jpg

iR6dnvX.jpg

Mickey was so sweet! He seemed thrilled to be meeting her. He managed to ask how old she was using just his hands, and he played peekaboo with her. All in all it was a great meet and we got some amazing pictures.

After the meet, we spent a few minutes in the dump shop, and then decided to move on to the rest of Main Street. Rebekah had some shopping she wanted to do, and I needed some refreshment.

Up next…More Magic Kingdom!

Other than the wait for breakfast, sounds like a success! Adorable pictures with the characters - especially Mickey!

Other than the wait for breakfast, sounds like a success! Adorable pictures with the characters - especially Mickey!

Thanks! I love looking at them. I was scared of the characters when I was a toddler. I hope she's not.

BTW, when I say I fed April, I do mean I nursed her in the lobby. I’m not saying this to brag or make a statement or anything, but I do want to mention that I nursed openly throughout this trip in case anyone reading this has any questions or concerns about how to feed a breastfed baby at Disney (as mentioned in my first post the baby care centers are great but not always convenient when your baby decides to be hungry clear across the park). I’m happy to share my experiences if asked, publicly or privately, but otherwise, from here on out I won’t make a big deal of it.

One of my most magical moments at WDW is, and will always be, nursing my DD on the beach at the Poly. She was almost 8 months old, and it was her first visit and we were just resort hopping. I get teary just thinking about it - the sights, sounds, and smells of Disney and my darling girl in my arms. Now she's a teenager! Sigh. I nursed everywhere and anywhere, too. :)

really like the food here. It’s pretty standard, nothing mind-blowing or incredibly unique, but it’s a solid choice for both types of meals with enough to satisfy anyone.
We've never done breakfast there - not fans of the lunch but the breakfast food looks and sounds so good! If we end up taking DGD there I'll try for breakfast for sure.
Such adorable pictures with Mickey! Your sister looks like she's enjoying herself so much also :)

One of my most magical moments at WDW is, and will always be, nursing my DD on the beach at the Poly. She was almost 8 months old, and it was her first visit and we were just resort hopping. I get teary just thinking about it - the sights, sounds, and smells of Disney and my darling girl in my arms. Now she's a teenager! Sigh. I nursed everywhere and anywhere, too. :)

That sounds so magical!

We've never done breakfast there - not fans of the lunch but the breakfast food looks and sounds so good! If we end up taking DGD there I'll try for breakfast for sure.
Such adorable pictures with Mickey! Your sister looks like she's enjoying herself so much also :)

I definitely think the breakfast is better than the lunch/dinner. The breakfast is really solid and has a few super good unique items (like the puffed French toast), and to me the lunch/dinner is more like an Old Country Buffet. Step up from Golden Corral at least!

We love breakfast at Crystal Palace. April's outfit is adorable.

Thanks! Etsy FTW.

Day 2, Part 2: A Baby Asleep Tends to Stay Asleep...for Everything

We made our way to the main strip of Main Street. DS wanted to look for a gift for her roommate, and I wanted a nice shot of caffeine. So she and Dad went to the Emporium, and April and I went to the Main Street Bakery. On the way there, I saw the Dapper Dans and the Citizens of Main Street performing.

C7YlVnU.jpg

I decided to get a Dragonberry refresher. I don’t love it as much as I loved the Valencia Orange refresher, and I’m still baffled that they discontinued that flavor because to me it was the most amazing-tasting thing ever. But according to a friend of mine who is a Starbucks barista, it was actually not a good seller, which shocks me!

vuffwvx.jpg

Anyway, when I left the bakery, the performance was wrapping up. I got a selfie with the fire chief!

MMUUOgs.jpg

RoVKyPF.jpg

I went back across to the Emporium and found Rebekah and Dad. Rebekah had found what she wanted to buy and Dad asked me to hang with her while he went to get the scooter, which they’d parked outside the front of the store.

Rebekah paid, and we went out to the sidewalk to wait.

And waited.

And waited.

After waiting way longer than seemed reasonable, I spotted Dad coming down the street. Walking. No scooter in sight.

He couldn’t find the scooter key.

Oy.

His first instinct was to assume that either Rebekah had it, or that she’d lost it. But Rebekah said no, she specifically remembered giving it to him when they’d parked it before going into the Emporium. A tense discussion followed. Since I hadn’t been there, and since the prospect of having to put everything on hold to find this key, I kind of took a few steps aside to hug my baby and watch Main Street.

A couple minutes later, Dad asked me what was next on the agenda. We had a Fastpass, but we still had some time before we needed to use it. Rebekah and I wanted to ride the Seven Dwarves Mine Train, but we needed a return time. Dad didn’t want to ride it, so we wouldn’t need rider swap, just the return time, and we wouldn’t need his magic band to get it. So Rebekah and I went to Fantasyland to get the return time (with April still snoozing in her sling). It was a slow walk due to Rebekah’s mobility issues, but we made it there. The line was pretty long as usual, so it was definitely a good call for us to take advantage of DAS here.

We got our return time from a nice cast member. I called Dad and he told me he’d found the key (it had been dropped in the Emporium and given to lost and found) and wanted to know where to meet us. It still wasn’t time to use our next FP, so I suggested we go on it’s a small world, since with the scooter we’d be able to bypass the standby line without a FP or a DAS return time (this is because the standby line is not wheelchair accessible, in case you were wondering).

Rebekah and I went to it’s a small world and waited for Dad. He called a few minutes later, asking for directions. I tried to help him, but he told me he was in front of Maurice’s popcorn stand, which I thought was still between Gaston’s Tavern and the Little Mermaid ride; I didn’t realize they’d moved it to across the Mine Train entrance. So things got a little confusing. But eventually, by directing him to go toward the carousel, we got him where we needed to go, and went into the small world wheelchair entrance.

I had been hoping that April’s first ride at Disney would be small world, but since we brought her to Hollywood Studios first (twice! As of the day before she had now been twice!), that didn’t happen. But at least it was her first ride at Magic Kingdom! That counts for something, right?

h7K8FMc.jpg

M3WB6mN.jpg

And as predicted, she slept through the whole thing. Oh well, whatcha gonna do. Babies gonna baby.

Dad spotted his name on one of the screens at the final room, so I snagged a quick pic.

RYfEjuK.jpg

We still had more time until our next Fastpass or our return time for Mine Train, so we decided to hit a ride that is always on our must-do list. Maybe not on Stacey’s, but definitely on ours: The Carousel of Progress.

In the event of an actual apocalypse, you’ll find me here, yukking it up with old Uncle Orville. I love this attraction. If you don’t like it, you’re wrong.

Anyway, we watched it and my internal happiness points increased significantly. But also being in the dark made us all sleepy. So Dad and Rebekah decided to go back to Starbucks, and I went to the restrooms near Space Mountain to change April. I sat on the bench area outside of the bathrooms to feed her while I waited for them.

They were waylaid a bit by the dance party in the hub, which made it hard to get back to me. But eventually they did and I got my iced flat white that I had been jonesing for.

Now it was finally time for our next Fastpass. But first, Dad wanted to invoke Grandfather privilege and carry April. So I showed him how to use the ring sling.

S8irzsK.jpg

4nwbKCD.jpg

Already a pro!

We got to our next attraction, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, a little after 4 pm. This is another ride that’s probably more fun to do with a kid. If you can get them to stay awake.

Z31QHXu.jpg

Which she did not.

Next it was time for Mine Train. Since Dad wasn’t going to ride, he stayed with April and the scooter.

Usually we can get on this one pretty fast, but the Fastpass line was pretty long today. It moved fairly quickly, surely much quicker than the standby line at least.

3bADZiu.jpg

Rebekah and I love this ride! It’s one of the few thrill rides that doesn’t irritate her blood pressure issues. We snapped a quick selfie while we waited at the end of the ride to be brought back to the loading station.

RHLoXHB.jpg

Up next…yet more Magic Kingdom!

I love the picture of your dad holding April! I take any and all chances to hold our DGD as I can :love:

I decided to get a Dragonberry refresher. I don’t love it as much as I loved the Valencia Orange refresher, and I’m still baffled that they discontinued that flavor because to me it was the most amazing-tasting thing ever. But according to a friend of mine who is a Starbucks barista, it was actually not a good seller, which shocks me!
DH is a District Manager for Starbucks and said yes that's why the discontinued it but he also agrees it was really good.

Aw enjoying your report! April is a cutie! I'd never seen the ring sling until my friend had her baby a year and a half ago and I'm fascinated. It was my friends favorite carrier by far.

I love the picture of your dad holding April! I take any and all chances to hold our DGD as I can :love:

DH is a District Manager for Starbucks and said yes that's why the discontinued it but he also agrees it was really good.

I still can't understand it! How could it not have been popular and yet so tasty. What a shame.

Aw enjoying your report! April is a cutie! I'd never seen the ring sling until my friend had her baby a year and a half ago and I'm fascinated. It was my friends favorite carrier by far.

Thank you! I bought mine at a parenting conference a few months before she was born. I was really dazzled by the booth that was selling them. It took a little getting used to once I had an actual, squirming baby to put in there, but now it's my favorite thing. She hates being put down so it makes getting stuff done around the house so much easier.

Day 2, Part 3: The Full Underwater Experience

How's everyone doing? We're going on week three of social distancing. My husband is still working at his job which was classified as essential, and I am on my first day back from maternity leave! Thankfully today has been very quiet and April hasn't made it *too* difficult to get my work done. We're healthy so far and hanging in there, but I can't wait for life to resume some semblance of normalcy. I hope you all are staying healthy as well! Back to the report...

After my sister and I finished our enjoyable turn on the Mine Train, we found Dad with the baby and made our way to our final Fastpass of the day: The Haunted Mansion.

I ended up in a Doombuggy with just me and April, who’d been transferred back to my care by this time. Rebekah and Dad rode together.

FPwgAUp.jpg

rggxUHC.jpg

What a classic. I was too afraid to ride this one until I was 20 years old. Hopefully April is brave enough to ride it when she’s old enough to recognize it in a few years.

So now’s a good time to acknowledge something I forgot to mention earlier: This was the day that the boat sank in the Jungle Cruise. I can’t remember where we were when we found out. Maybe having breakfast? Either way, we weren’t near the ride, and I remember assuming the ride would be down the rest of the day.

But after we finished with the Haunted Mansion, I checked the MDE app, and to my surprise, the Jungle Cruise had a wait time listed! So I proposed heading over to Adventureland, and asked my family if they would rather get a return time for Jungle Cruise or Pirates. Dad left it up to Rebekah, who to my surprise picked Pirates.

We went to Adventureland by way of the bathroom tunnel and headed over to Pirates. Which, irony of ironies, was down! So we backtracked to Jungle Cruise to get a return time for that.

I was still super shocked the ride was running, so when we met with the cast member to get our DAS return time, I told him, “I only want to ride this ride if we get the full underwater experience.”

To which he responded with perhaps the greatest line I’ve ever been given by a cast member. “Ma’am, 20,000 Leagues has been closed for several years now.”

I don’t think any cast response will ever top that for me.

We had awhile before our return time, so we went over to the Tiki Room. I love the Tiki Room. I was so happy when it got converted back from Under New Management. When my husband’s sister and I ran one of the Princess weekends a few years ago, we took her daughter to the Magic Kingdom. She was just over a year old and she LOVED the Tiki Room and was super captivated by it. I was hoping to have a similar experience with April, but as usual, she slept through the whole thing. Will probably be another year before she’ll actually be alert and awake during rides!

After that, it was about time for our dinner reservation at one of our favorite Disney restaurants, Skipper Canteen.

EOFcAK1.jpg

We were seated in the main dining hall. I always forget to ask to be put in one of the back rooms. I’m sure it’s an easy request to fulfill especially since we’d be willing to wait, and we much prefer the atmosphere to the noisy cafeteria room. But by the time I remember we’ve always already been seated. Oh well. Next time!

a3pNX6M.jpg

Even though it had been awhile since Crystal Palace and this wasn’t a particularly early dinner at 6:20 pm, we’d eaten so much at that meal that we weren’t super hungry. So instead of each getting a main course, we shared a few appetizers. I got the soup of the day, which was a Thai vegetable curry soup.

184lkvj.jpg

Super yummy! I also got the SEA shu-mai, which I forgot to get a picture of. My dad and sister both got the falafel, and my sister also got the off-menu Brazilian cheese bread.

cjO1uEV.jpg

Everything was really good. We always enjoy the food here. I also got a hot tea because it had been pretty brisk out. Unfortunately, this was another meal where April was being rather fussy. I ended up feeding her and taking her to the bathroom for a changing a couple of times. Towards the end of our meal, we discussed our next move. We all decided we weren’t really up for the Jungle Cruise (which I believe had gone back down anyway) or another ride and we just wanted to get back to the Poly before the exiting crowds got too bad.

We still had to wait for the check, and April was getting really hungry. Like fussy, close to screaming hungry. Rather than feed her in the restaurant where I was getting flustered, I decided to leave before Dad and Rebekah and head over to the baby care center to feed her. It was nice to be able to nurse in a quiet, secluded spot, even as the crowds outside were getting bigger and crazier while people lined up to watch the fireworks.

My dad texted soon after to let me know he’d paid the bill and wanted to know if they should wait for me and head back. I had no idea how long April would take to eat, so I advised them to start heading back to the hotel and gave them directions on how to do that (you’d think after going so often they would know how, but they don’t, lol). April took about half an hour to eat, so I think I made the right call sending them back without me. Shortly before she finished, I heard Happily Ever After start outside. I think I finally left the Baby Care Center just as the Hercules song was playing.

I do love Happily Ever After, but after a full day at a Magic Kingdom, by myself with a baby who wasn’t ready to appreciate the fireworks, I was ready to just get out before the lines got too crazy!

I had a bit of trouble getting to the resort monorail. The way to the line wasn’t clear with all the switchbacks they’d set up and I had to ask a cast member to let me through. But it wasn’t a big deal. I was actually on my way to the TTC so I could have taken the express monorail, but of course the resort monorail line was so much shorter. I was able to get right on.

I took a selfie on the way to the TTC to show how tired we were.

Cb7Zcrg.jpg

But then before I knew it, we were at the TTC and I was walking over to the Polynesian! Home sweet home around 9 pm.

I got back to the room and heard Dad and Rebekah’s harrowing tale of their travels back. I guess they hadn’t been there too long before me, because once they got to the TTC they had no idea how to walk back to the Polynesian and once they got there, the map was very confusing. Dad claimed it had no “you are here” spot to help guide them. We later discovered it did, but so many people had touched it that it was now a hole on the map. So if you’re ever looking at the Polynesian map just outside the walkway to the TTC and you don’t see a “you are here” spot, that’s why!

We hung out in the room for a bit, I think DH Facetimed me at one point, and we went to sleep probably around 11.

Up next…our Epcot day!

You managed to have a productive day! It must be so different navigating the parks with an infant. I'm sure she'll grow up a Disney loving girl. We moved our March trip to Sept. Hope by then things are somewhat normal? Wonder if Disney will limit the number of people in the parks - at least for a time. It might be a long while before people feel comfortable in large crowds. Hope your Epcot day is a good one!

What a classic. I was too afraid to ride this one until I was 20 years old. Hopefully April is brave enough to ride it when she’s old enough to recognize it in a few years.
Ha! I've always loved HM and have memories of riding with my Grandmother in the late 70's and early 80's ❤ DS now 14 has enjoyed it since he was little and on some trips has ridden up to 10 times, but older DS now 18 is not a fan. In fact for a few years he'd ride TOT multiple times but would sit out HM when we went lol! I found that funny. He still doesn't particularly like HM but at least will ride with us!

We also enjoy Skipper Canteen and I need to try the off menu bread!

So happy to have found your TR. Your daughter is just precious, and her Pooh outfit is friggin adorable. Your father looks like the proudest grandpa! I'm getting all the feels from when I took my youngest for the first time at 7 months old. I'l never forget nursing him while we watched Happily Ever After. Can't wait to read more!

Ha! I've always loved HM and have memories of riding with my Grandmother in the late 70's and early 80's ❤ DS now 14 has enjoyed it since he was little and on some trips has ridden up to 10 times, but older DS now 18 is not a fan. In fact for a few years he'd ride TOT multiple times but would sit out HM when we went lol! I found that funny. He still doesn't particularly like HM but at least will ride with us!

We also enjoy Skipper Canteen and I need to try the off menu bread!

I remember it really intimidating me as a kid! My family tried to convince me it wasn't scary, but I didn't believe them.

So happy to have found your TR. Your daughter is just precious, and her Pooh outfit is friggin adorable. Your father looks like the proudest grandpa! I'm getting all the feels from when I took my youngest for the first time at 7 months old. I'l never forget nursing him while we watched Happily Ever After. Can't wait to read more!

Aw thank you!

Day 3 (February 28) Part 1: A Visit from the Fastpass Police

We woke up around 9 and as usual, took our time getting on the road. I know we ate some quick breakfast in the room. I probably had some oatmeal and a hard boiled egg. I didn’t die or get sick, so I guess those eggs were still good!

We had a Fastpass for Frozen Ever After at 10:15, but I don’t think we left the room until about 10:45. With the travel time, we’d be cutting it close.

We took the path to the TTC and then the monorail to Epcot. I was a little stressed about being late since I knew Rebekah loves this ride, but not too stressed. Life would go on either way.

We got to Epcot, and good lord, I was not prepared for those construction walls. I’d last been to Epcot just a couple of months before in December to pick up my Chip and Dale passholder magnet. But now you couldn’t even walk from Spaceship Earth to World Showcase without passing by a minotaur and a few dozen walls. My dad kept asking which way to go and it was not getting through to him that this was all new to me too!

I know we got to Frozen a little after our Fastpass grace period, because the light turned blue and the Norweigan castmember kindly said to us, “Please try to be on time next time.” I assured her we would. Don’t want a visit from the Fastpass police!

Anyway, I’m not a huge Frozen fan (don’t hate it, just not enamored by it) so of course this was the first ride April actually stayed awake for. Check her out in the back row. Awake and alert as ever!

JfqH7sM.jpg

After Frozen, we went over to The Land and got a return time and child swap for Soarin, a must-do for us. This lined up perfectly with our next Fastpass, for Living with the Land. Another must do! What are the odds? We just really love this pavilion. Speaking of which, check out this cute photoshoot. It’s a callback to a picture I took during our September trip.

viYjdwb.jpg

k4xsYUD.jpg

Rebekah and I went on Soarin first while Dad waited with April in the giant baby swap area that used to be where the old Fastpass machines were. He took some pics while he waited for us.

HiIP8Zn.jpg

GrqTxcn.jpg

After we got off Dad asked if there was anything we wanted to do first before he and Rebekah rode it. I said I wanted to get some kind of snack, so I went over to Sunshine Seasons. I was intent on getting a baked good or something, but nothing appealed to me, so I went back to the family and decided to hold out until lunch, whenever that might be. We didn’t have any plans yet.

Rebekah and Dad rode Soarin, while I hung out with April. We had a little fashion shoot and did some tummy time, using her sling as a blanket.

LRWXYYV.jpg

N2Tp66E.jpg

THXBFCA.jpg

You can see her Land-themed onesie better here!

NUO4uNP.jpg

Soon they were back and we were starting to get hungry. I took a look at the app and saw that both Moroccan restaurants had lots of availability. We love both of them, but picked Spice Road table since that sounded nicer given the pretty weather. Our reservation was for 2:55, which gave us just enough time to use our final Fastpass for Spaceship Earth.

I’ll miss Judi Dench’s narration! I wonder how much the refurbishment will change it. Or if it’ll even happen now.

dmtJIvO.jpg

REMA8QT.jpg

After Spaceship Earth we made our way clear to the other side of the park for our late lunch at Spice Road Table.

Dad and I had eaten here during our trip in September, but it was my sister’s first time here. We were all fans of Restaurant Marakkesh.

Since it was kind of a chilly day, we asked to be seated inside, and were brought to a table right by the window so we could still enjoy the lagoon.

RQs05y5.jpg

8EBWeYL.jpg

I started off with a sangria. It was crazy tasty.

FMtpUZV.jpg

Dad got a beer, and he had the exact same complaint as he’d had last time, that the restaurant didn’t have beer dark enough for his taste. In fact I think the conversation with the waiter may have been almost the same.

Dad: Do you have dark beer?

Waiter: We don’t have an explicitly dark beer, but the darkest beer we have is this one.

Dad: …How dark is it?

Waiter: Not very dark.

Dad: Well, I’ll get it anyway.

Cut to five minutes later, the beer is placed in front of him…

Dad: This isn’t very dark.

He drinks it anyway. Laments several times that it’s not darker. Weeps.

End scene.

For food we got the same thing we’d gotten last time: the mixed grill (chicken kabob, steak kabob, fried potatoes, and green beans), and the vegetable platter (couscous, babaganoush, grape leaves, hummus fries, and pita). We also got a hummus platter.

rz9cfJ6.jpg

Everything was delicious once again. It really is the perfect meal for a day at a theme park. Filling without being too heavy, and in a gorgeous setting.

Not that I got to take it in as much as last time. April was fussing again, and had to be taken to the bathroom a couple times for a changing. I also had to get her in a new outfit, because we had some exciting plans for the rest of our day at Epcot!

Up next…more Epcot fun!

Thanks! I love looking at them. I was scared of the characters when I was a toddler. I hope she's not.

My two were both exposed to lots of characters as young infants and they were never afraid. So maybe there’s something to be said for exposing them to the characters early?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!