Dolphin Swim Pricing Question

neo's white rabbit

<font color=CC3300>What's a Tag? <i>This</i> is a
Hi

Does anyone know if the price of the Dolpin Swim at Discovery Cove of $229 includes tax or not? Can't seem to check that without going through the whole booking process online.

Also, I'm not the world's greatest swimmer - sink like a brick infact :( - do you have to go into deep water or not? The rest of the family will be OK but I don't want the ignomy of being the first Brit rescued by a dolphin at DC!

By a little roudabout checking I need to add 6% to the price, right?

It's the DH's birthday while there are and I found that they have a couple of birthday packages available as add ons.

You don't have to go into the deep water. Your required vest will keep you on the surface. I went down and touched a ray, but had to kick hard to make it.
For your dolphin ride to the shore, they can start you on the beach and do what's called a "slingshot" ride. You start at the beach, go to the middle, and come right back to the shore without stopping. Someone in our group did this and was laughing the entire time. And it doesn't matter how big you are. The dolphins are very powerful with their tail fluke. You won't believe how easy they bring you to the shore.

I think it just sounds wonderful, I'm a US size 6 or 8 so hopefully I'm not too much tonage for the poor dolphin to heave about :) I can't wait to see my children's faces :)

If your not a great swimmer can I suggest that instead of just the lifevest you ask for the full wet suit and life vest, DH did and he's not all that confident in the water, they were ok with this and he had a brilliant day and is even talking about going again next year!!!. I will add that DH even took adult swimming lessons before hand - which after years of saying that he would but worrying about looking silly - he thoroughly enjoyed and is still going to improve himself.

Thanks for the tip snookhams :)

We'll have a had couple of weeks with our own pool at the villa by then so I'm hoping I'll have got into the 'swim' of it a little more by the time we get to DC.

I tell you, it's hard work keeping this secret from the family when it's such an exciting thing to be doing!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter