Dolphin Question

pewing

2Prince/1PrincessMom
I read something about 'double balcony' rooms!? Who do you have to sweet talk for one of those? How many are there? Can you ask for an upgrade to one? Am I really 'pushing it' now? ;)
Seriously...I need tips and advice for room preference. I am booked for 3 rooms with standard views. I am a Gold SPG member and crossing my fingers and toes for an 'upgrade'. If I go ahead and email a request 4 days prior...what should I ask for? :rolleyes:
Thanks...

I am also a Gold SPG member and stayed at the Dolphin in July, 2001. We were upgraded from a standard room to a room facing the water on the 18th floor, but no balcony. Great room with a great view but, no balcony! I'm hoping to upgrade to a balcony room using points on my next visit in Feb, 2003 but can't do that until 5 days before arrival.

Good luck in your quest!;)

Originally posted by stringercapecod
I am also a Gold SPG member and stayed at the Dolphin in July, 2001. We were upgraded from a standard room to a room facing the water on the 18th floor, but no balcony. Great room with a great view but, no balcony! I'm hoping to upgrade to a balcony room using points on my next visit in Feb, 2003 but can't do that until 5 days before arrival.

Good luck in your quest!;)

Thanks for the input. How did you get the upgrade? Did you ask? Did you request it ahead of time? Any tips would be appreciated. My DH will be at a conference all day, but I will be spending some time in the hotel...would love a great view. Also CL would be fabulous.

Pewing,

Those rooms are typically reserved for guests paying the Rack rate for those resort view rooms ($335 - $434) a night. I know "ouch".

You mentioned that your husband will be with a convention, and if that is how your reservation was made, you are paying for a standard room.

With Starwood Preferred Guest program on Gold Level status, you would be upgraded to a lake view (if you got a balcony-that would be a huge bonus) based upon availibility at the time of your check-in.

The 2 balcony rooms are usually given to Starwood Preferred Guest's at the Platinum level if there is not a suite to upgrade them to at check-in.

Platinum level is above Gold level and is achieved by the number of nights you stay at a Starwood property during one year.

I wish you luck, as there are not many of these rooms--here are some of the room numbers, maybe these will give you a better chance!

Eloise@the Plaza,

Thanks for the input and info. I am going with my husband, but it's a small company and we are co-owners...so we cut corners where we can. I actually booked the rooms in my name using the 'nurse rate'. $129 compared to the convention rate of $250! At any rate...thanks again.

Thanks for the room numbers too! Are these 'lake view' rooms?

I know I will have a wonderful time...no matter which room I get
:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter