Dollars

another thumbs up for the fairfx card, we used to take travellers chqs and cash now its the fairfx and cash- even the cash from fairfx is at a better rate than most places

Thanks again guys, might check out the fairfx card.

Wildwood I am so sorry that happened to you, was there no claims thing that you could go through?

Yeah as wayne said it has gone to administrators and we are supposed to be on the list but I know I will never get my money back , it is just so frustrating as we worked so hard for the money ( husband was working 70 hour weeks ) and in the blink of an eye it is gone . Well enough of the sad face:sad2: just looking forward to going back just a few weeks to go .

Yeah as wayne said it has gone to administrators and we are supposed to be on the list but I know I will never get my money back , it is just so frustrating as we worked so hard for the money ( husband was working 70 hour weeks ) and in the blink of an eye it is gone . Well enough of the sad face:sad2: just looking forward to going back just a few weeks to go .

Although not the same I know the feeling of losing a lot of money, about 6 years ago I had to write a cheque for £9,500 to the tax man, I never owed it(maybe £100's but certainly not £1,000's) I fought for over year to clear it but how can 1 man fight the tax office? It hurts for a long time but makes you a lot wiser person.

again I'm so sorry that this happened. I hate the tax man, nothing but greedy people who want to take peoples hard earned money and do absolutely nothing themselves for it :(

again I'm so sorry that this happened. I hate the tax man, nothing but greedy people who want to take peoples hard earned money and do absolutely nothing themselves for it :(

OK you're way off topic here and a tax lady I get nothing from those I have to collect money from & very much resent the implication. I too am a tax payer and tbh am sick off being made to feel like a scrounger or a layabout and only there to make people's life a misery. Maybe you should consider that when you are getting your free health care and free education for your children, or god forbid something happens and you require disability allowance. Yes there are those who abuse the system, but they are the minority (1-2% I believe).

Yes I was one of the people that lost £2000 a week before we went last year and I paid crown currency just 1 hour before they did a runner:eek: . To this day I have not had a penny back so will never ever ever get my money from any where else then a shop now . BE VERY CAREFUL

I know this is an old thread; but just trying to contact people that may have been affected by the Crown Currency Saga. I've just had a letter from HMCTS London Regional Confiscation Unit with an update about possible payout. If you'd like more info please PM me & I'll forward a copy. Seems genuine, not sure what % people will get back. P.s WayneG will vouch that I'm genuine - I met his family on a Disney Cruise :)

I know this is an old thread; but just trying to contact people that may have been affected by the Crown Currency Saga. I've just had a letter from HMCTS London Regional Confiscation Unit with an update about possible payout. If you'd like more info please PM me & I'll forward a copy. Seems genuine, not sure what % people will get back. P.s WayneG will vouch that I'm genuine - I met his family on a Disney Cruise :)
I find with anything like this any money in the pot disappears on legal fees. I hope anyone that lost money gets something back but I wouldn't expect much, if anything. Good luck.

Yes, especially as the main 'culprit' died during the trial apparently. They've recovered £430,000 of the £900,000 + the other two have been ordered to pay the over 7000 victims. We didn't loose a lot so I'm sure we'll get very little back, I assume you get a % back -learnt a lesson the hard way though! I know some people lost thousands.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise, 5 weeks until ours :cool1:

I would like a copy - I've moved house since it happened so have no way to be contacted. I'll PM you :-)

I assume you get a % back -learnt a lesson the hard way though! I know some people lost thousands.

Hope you enjoyed your cruise, 5 weeks until ours :cool1:
Yes usually a % of loss.
Cruise was OK, nice relaxing time but not in the same league as the Transatlantics, we have been spoilt with those. This was a cheap 4 nighter, very different clientele, too many children (got used to Transatlantic with very few) and very very loud parents. food not up to same standards, same with entertainment. After driving 2,000 miles around California it was great to have 4 nights relaxing. Last Disney cruise for a while, Celebrity next year for Alaska. Concierge balcony cabin £3,300 for all 3 of us including alcohol package, Disney £9,300 no drinks included.

Yes usually a % of loss.
Cruise was OK, nice relaxing time but not in the same league as the Transatlantics, we have been spoilt with those. This was a cheap 4 nighter, very different clientele, too many children (got used to Transatlantic with very few) and very very loud parents. food not up to same standards, same with entertainment. After driving 2,000 miles around California it was great to have 4 nights relaxing. Last Disney cruise for a while, Celebrity next year for Alaska. Concierge balcony cabin £3,300 for all 3 of us including alcohol package, Disney £9,300 no drinks included.

Sounds a good price, hoping the EBPC is similar to the Transatlantic, seems like a lot of regular cruisers and low numbers of kids. Still haven't decided on Alaska for 2019 or not, but I don't think it'll be Disney.

We use Post Office credit card and some cash that we order from Travelex and we take advantage of their price promise to get them to match the best rate which is usually Thomas Exchange Global x

Yes usually a % of loss.

We did an Alaskan cruise with Celebrity this summer from Seattle, it was very good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!