• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dollar rent a car

got2sammies

DIS Veteran
I'm flying into SAN next month a rented a car from dollar through AAA.. Got a good deal.but I was reading reviews on google and some people experienced crapy service and were overcharged... What was your experience with them? Should I try another company or keep what I have? Any input would be good.. Thank you!

Depends on the location and the individual staff/management.

I rented from the Dollar location at LAS last Christmas and had no issues. Got a killer rate too - $13.99.day for a mid-size where we ended up with a Mitsubishi Galant. No strange charges and the staff no problem with us picking up late (it was about 4:30 AM) because my flight in was late and my wife/kid were even later. Now I'm not sure what would have been my response had I arrived closer to the designated time, where the clerk on duty said the wait in line was over an hour.

Not sure about San Diego though.

Sometimes with the cheapest you get poor service. I've had good and bad service from them. I only use Enterprise now.

Sometimes with the cheapest you get poor service. I've had good and bad service from them. I only use Enterprise now.

I got a rental from Enterprise at SNA for $87/week last Thanksgiving weekend. The car was a brand new Passat with 4 miles on the odometer. Everything went smoothly, but I was worried that the smallest scratch would cost me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter