• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dollar or National..Which is more convenient

A1A1

DIS Veteran
Decided to pay a little extra for the convenience of renting from the airport.

I wonder which is more convenient/quicker in the rental....Collar or National?

Which seems to have cars that are in better shape?

Originally posted by A1A1
Decided to pay a little extra for the convenience of renting from the airport.

I wonder which is more convenient/quicker in the rental....Collar or National?

Which seems to have cars that are in better shape?

We have rented from both. Both cars were in good shape and the counters and car lots are also all near each other. One is not more convenient then the other. We usually go with which ever company we get the best price with.

Ditto. Dollar has been having real good rates lately. And they have a lot of codes that may apply to your reservation. Check them out on mousesavers. I am going with National this time around becasue I got a minivan for a better price than Dollar.

I actually used both this past sunday. It was a toss up. With national EC, you just walk right out and pick a car. Then check out at the booth once in your car. With Dollar FL, you check out first and they give you the car. Six of one, half dozen of the other.
Either way though, I suggest using EC or FL

Same as others, both Dollar and National have great cars. Alamo is not in the airport if you didn't already know. Go to dollar.com and try to use a promo code: KISS or DESTC are two good codes to try. Other car rental discount codes can be found at mousesavers.com. Good Luck!

RobinLyn:D

Thanks for the input. I got an unbelievable rate at Alamo, but did a search on this site for previous posts about Alamo. Though there were a few good posts, the general concensus is not good about either their cars of their customer service.

I decided to look a little further into one of the on-site companies. Dollar had a pretty good rate, using the DESTC rate code. About forty five dollars more than the Alamo code. I figure it's probably worth the twenty dollars each way for the convenience of having the cars right there.

Some of the posts I found indicated lots of car trouble, so I started wondering if the cars at Dollar had a good track record. I hope they do.

I rented a car last year from Hertz, also a fairly long wait in line, but the car was brand new. Maybe there were thirty miles on it.

I am not even sure I need a rental car this trip. We are staying at POR, and I have read mixed reviews about the buses there. Some people have indicated being passed by more than once by a full bus while staying at that resort. I don't want to spend a lot on a rental since I am unsure of our need for it. The last thing I want is a two hour wait at Alamo to save forty dollars.

I have used National before, and have always had good, clean cars. I like to pick. It reminds me of being on a car sales lot and being able to just say, "I'll take *that* one" and then getting a new car.

We have used both companies, had no problems with either, having the cars at the terminal is a big plus IMO. I also think the extra cost of a rental is well worth it, even though we don't use it much once checked in. We do use it for going to other resorts or DTD, but for going to parks we have been satisfied with the buses.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter