Dollar Car Rental - Pay Now Feature

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
Found a decent rate with Dollar, but you have to pay now. I'm always hesitant to do this because prices can drop (or raise) at any time.

Would like to hear from people that have used the "Pay Now" feature. Have you ever needed to ask them to adjust the rate if it's dropped? Have you ever needed to cancel altogether? Thanks.

I use Dollar (or whatever is cheapest) yearly at MCO, so I have a little experience with them. Never a big problem. I also would hesitate to pre pay. BUT, if the rate is really good and you are close to leaving I would jump on it. You didn't mention dates but I am active on the March Rental Car Rates forum. Keep reading this forum and hopefully that will help with your payment decision.

My rental right now is through Dollar
AAA rate
March 2-10
Ecomomy
After all fees $207

Hoping for better but.......hope this helps.

Yeah I seen those rates also and right now they are much better than Alamo's rates. I was wondering the same thing...can you cancel and get a refund?

My understanding is that you cannot just cancel. That's the catch, why it's cheaper than not prepaying.

Found a decent rate with Dollar, but you have to pay now. I'm always hesitant to do this because prices can drop (or raise) at any time.

Would like to hear from people that have used the "Pay Now" feature. Have you ever needed to ask them to adjust the rate if it's dropped? Have you ever needed to cancel altogether? Thanks.
It would have to be an Exceptionally good rate and I would have to be leaving in the next day or 2 with no possibility of any change in plans before I would personally book a pre-paid rental such as this.
But, if you are happy with that price and there is little to no chance that your plans are going to change, it may be worth booking.

HOWEVER: Dollar/Thrifty have pretty significant restrictions on their "Pay Now" rates.
First your credit card is charged when you make the reservation (not after you return the rental as with a regular rental).
Second, and more importantly, there are pretty significant change/cancellation fees ranging from $50-$100 depending on how close to the rental date you are.
Third, if you have to return early for any reason, there is no credit given for unused days.
There are several more reasons not to use a pre-paid rental such as this listed in the link below

Read the info in this link before jumping on the "Pay Now" rate:
https://www.dollar.com/~/media/Dollar/Files/Email_content/Dollar Prepay Terms and Conditions.ashx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!