Doing the Happy Dance-Target RED Card

Not applicable specifically to RedCard, but has anyone got the target gift cards during the 10% off sale before Christmas and used it to buy disney gift cards through target?

Target no longer allows GC to GC (or entertainment card), so unfortunately this no longer works.

I received 5% of Southwest gift cards at Target yesterday. They had $100 and $200 gift cards available in store even though the app said they did not have any in store.

Just applied for a Debit Target Red Card. Got all the way to the checkout online with a $50 Disney GC and it was discounted what I expected (the 5%). Saving 5% isn't a ton of money, but it will add up over time.

Darn, apparently Meijer did this on 5/18, so I am sure they won't do it again before our trip in September. I guess I need to sign up for MPerks so I get notice of these.

Meijer is having the deal again! It started June 2nd and goes until June 22nd!

Limit 10 rewards per customer

earn $5 off**
your next purchase for every $50 you spend thru june 22

Meijer is having the deal again! It started June 2nd and goes until June 22nd!

Limit 10 rewards per customer

earn $5 off**
your next purchase for every $50 you spend thru june 22
Where did you find the Meijer offer? I can't seem to find it on the Meijer app. I was there on Saturday and didn't see anything either. I'd love to take advantage of this. Thanks!

Where did you find the Meijer offer? I can't seem to find it on the Meijer app. I was there on Saturday and didn't see anything either. I'd love to take advantage of this. Thanks!

I was there today and didn't realize this was going on now. I did just find it in the app under available rewards. This works great with the Chase freedom if you have it. They are giving 5% back on groceries right now.

I was there today and didn't realize this was going on now. I did just find it in the app under available rewards. This works great with the Chase freedom if you have it. They are giving 5% back on groceries right now.

Yes, it's under available rewards. So no coupon to clip!

I got a email from mperks when it started on June 2nd, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.

I was sad to find out that WDW will only allow you to use one gift card to pay for a room now. Don't know if this is only for AP holders or for all. Still can use them for OOP dining though.

I was sad to find out that WDW will only allow you to use one gift card to pay for a room now. Don't know if this is only for AP holders or for all. Still can use them for OOP dining though.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Could you give more info? I use multiple gift cards to pay off our room. Right now I have made multiple payments towards our room reservation for August.

Yes, it's under available rewards. So no coupon to clip!

I got a email from mperks when it started on June 2nd, otherwise I wouldn't have known about it.
Thank you! It's right there on my app. I didn't get an email and wasn't sure where to find the offer. This is great. Thank you again.

This doesn't sound right. I'm an AP holder and have a ressie in August. So far I've only used one GC ($500), but intend to get more. I've always paid down my reservations with GCs. What happened when you tried to use more than one?

I was able to pay for my WDW package using 19 gift cards this Saturday. The guest service rep on the phone was amazing and said she has had people use 31+ gift cards to pay without problems. There is a websitehttps://www.disneygiftcard.com/Manage/MyCards that you can condense multiple gift cards onto one gift card for ease if you are running into problems.

I'm not sure what you are talking about. Could you give more info? I use multiple gift cards to pay off our room. Right now I have made multiple payments towards our room reservation for August.

This doesn't sound right. I'm an AP holder and have a ressie in August. So far I've only used one GC ($500), but intend to get more. I've always paid down my reservations with GCs. What happened when you tried to use more than one?

I do hope I'm wrong but this was my experience the first time I tried to use gift cards to pay the balance on my room only stay booked sometime btw late April/early May for a trip starting this coming Saturday, 06/15.

After clicking the gift card box in the payment window a message came up saying I could only use one gift card per reservation. Since I already had 5 unused $500.00 cards I used one for a partial payment on the room and will use the others for meals.
This was all done online but when I decided to change my hotel and called Disney directly they were also unable to take the existing balance from the original resort and apply it to my new reservation. I was told it would be credited to my c/c in a few weeks. Can't recall that happening in the past but it wasn't anymore than a mild annoyance to me.

I do hope I'm wrong but this was my experience the first time I tried to use gift cards to pay the balance on my room only stay booked sometime btw late April/early May for a trip starting this coming Saturday, 06/15.

After clicking the gift card box in the payment window a message came up saying I could only use one gift card per reservation. Since I already had 5 unused $500.00 cards I used one for a partial payment on the room and will use the others for meals.
This was all done online but when I decided to change my hotel and called Disney directly they were also unable to take the existing balance from the original resort and apply it to my new reservation. I was told it would be credited to my c/c in a few weeks. Can't recall that happening in the past but it wasn't anymore than a mild annoyance to me.

I was able to use multiple cards online to pay off our package, but I did see the language about one gift card, one credit card, and one rewards redemption card. If you run into any trouble, you can consolidate your cards using disneygiftcard.com (max $1000 per card, which you probably know). After using one gift card, you can transfer the balances to that same gift card to pay off your balance. I did that with multiple $500 gift cards from Target until I decided to try inputting the numbers directly for each gift card and it worked.

That explains it.

When booking, yes you can only use one gift card for the deposit. After that with a room only reservation, you have to call in to make any payments on it, with your gift cards or credit card. There's no way online to pay the balance.

I was able to use multiple cards online to pay off our package, but I did see the language about one gift card, one credit card, and one rewards redemption card. If you run into any trouble, you can consolidate your cards using disneygiftcard.com (max $1000 per card, which you probably know). After using one gift card, you can transfer the balances to that same gift card to pay off your balance. I did that with multiple $500 gift cards from Target until I decided to try inputting the numbers directly for each gift card and it worked.
Thanks for the further clarification which includes knowledge I didn't know and will better utilise next time :cool:.

To use gift cards for payments, call and have a cast member handle. I'm currently paying off an August package with gift cards purchased using Target Redcard. Yesterday used six $100 cards, no problem at all. It's important that you keep each gift card that is used, if you need to cancel funds will go back to gift card you used for payments.

With the disneygiftcard.com site is there a timeframe for using the gc's once combined? Because I have many Disney gc's yet we don't plan to go until 2021.

With the disneygiftcard.com site is there a timeframe for using the gc's once combined? Because I have many Disney gc's yet we don't plan to go until 2021.

Disney gift cards don't expire. The website just allows you to transfer balances and consolidate to have fewer cards - you can have five cards each with balances up to $1000.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!