Doing the Happy Dance-Target RED Card

Mom24Princesses

DIS Veteran
:banana::cool1:
Taking the advice of this board, I took out a Target RED Card.
I owed about $1450 on a DCL surprise cruise for my husband and I. Tomorrow is our last day in the classroom-33yrs.
First I ordered a $100 Disney Gift card online. Charge $95!

Today went to Target to get cards for the rest - hoping to get 3-$500s but they only had $100s. I got 14! and headed to the checkout. They rang up $1400. I put in my RED Card and it dropped to $1330. So I’ve already saved $80.

Next big purchase is 3 APs in June. I figure the RED Card will save at least $270 or more than 25% off one pass.

I owed about $1450 on a DCL surprise cruise for my husband and I. Tomorrow is our last day in the classroom-33yrs.

Today went to Target to get cards for the rest - hoping to get 3-$500s but they only had $100s. I got 14! and headed to the checkout. They rang up $1400. I put in my RED Card and it dropped to $1330. So I’ve already saved $80.

Next big purchase is 3 APs in June. I figure the RED Card will save at least $270 or more than 25% off one pass.

I love the ease of the Red Card discount! :goodvibes

FYI - they have the $500 digital cards online - the gift card number is sent by email and can be added to the Disney Gift Card site.

I love the ease of the Red Card discount! :goodvibes

FYI - they have the $500 digital cards online - the gift card number is sent by email and can be added to the Disney Gift Card site.

That may be easier but I don’t feel confident enough yet. Oh and my math was wrong,, $75 so far.
:guilty:

Thanks for the reminder. We are headed down for a one day visit before we get on our cruise ship in September, and I may as well save 5% on our tickets.

You just got a free Dinner .. love it

I like Disney math as much as the next person but you’re not saving 25% on a single pass. You’re saving 5% on all of your Disney spending. You’re a only saving $270 because you’re spending $5400 on passes and your cruise. Take the other two APs and the cruise out of the equation and you’re saving about $50 off the price of a Platinum Plus AP.

Don’t automatically settle for the Target 5%. It’s a sure thing, and a great fall back option. However, you can do much better than 5%. Keep your eyes and ears open.

For example, my grocery store (Meijer’s) has had 10% off gift cards three times this year. Plus, add the 2% cash back from my credit card = 12%.

I like Disney math as much as the next person but you’re not saving 25% on a single pass. You’re saving 5% on all of your Disney spending. You’re a only saving $270 because you’re spending $5400 on passes and your cruise. Take the other two APs and the cruise out of the equation and you’re saving about $50 off the price of a Platinum Plus AP.

I’m not sure how I doubled my $ but I’ll save $135 off 3 APs. Well worth the extra steps.

Don’t automatically settle for the Target 5%. It’s a sure thing, and a great fall back option. However, you can do much better than 5%. Keep your eyes and ears open.

For example, my grocery store (Meijer’s) has had 10% off gift cards three times this year. Plus, add the 2% cash back from my credit card = 12%.

Darn, apparently Meijer did this on 5/18, so I am sure they won't do it again before our trip in September. I guess I need to sign up for MPerks so I get notice of these.

Darn, apparently Meijer did this on 5/18, so I am sure they won't do it again before our trip in September. I guess I need to sign up for MPerks so I get notice of these.
Yes, get the app. It’s great for clipping coupons, checking sale items and weekly circular, plus you save 2% on grocery purchases.

That may be easier but I don’t feel confident enough yet.

Just to ease your mind, I did this last week.... I ordered a $250 Disney e-gift card on Target, it rang in with the discount, and the next morning I got the email with the gift card. I went out to Disneygiftcard.com and loaded that card in, transferred the amount to my main card, and all is well. It worked perfectly.

Just to ease your mind, I did this last week.... I ordered a $250 Disney e-gift card on Target, it rang in with the discount, and the next morning I got the email with the gift card. I went out to Disneygiftcard.com and loaded that card in, transferred the amount to my main card, and all is well. It worked perfectly.

We just got back last week and took a screen shot of the digital card and that worked just as well. We charged to the room with our bands and every night I went down and paid it off. They can scan the bar code on the digital card. I felt just as confident doing that as I did carrying the gift card that I had in my wallet.

We just got back last week and took a screen shot of the digital card and that worked just as well. We charged to the room with our bands and every night I went down and paid it off. They can scan the bar code on the digital card. I felt just as confident doing that as I did carrying the gift card that I had in my wallet.

I love the idea of using the Disney gift card for room charges.... I don't know why, but this never occurred to me to do this. But I am definitely doing this on our next trip !!! one less thing to worry about with using a regular credit card too.

That may be easier but I don’t feel confident enough yet. Oh and my math was wrong,, $75 so far.

Congrats on the 33 years and enjoy your trip!

And a question since you so nicely saved yourself the 5% using Target. I like that option also.

But, do you have any other credit cards that may have 'offers' on them such as Amex, BOA or Chase cards? An offer for Lowes can sometimes be used for up to 10% off the Disney gift card, or an offer for Best Buy. Chase cards such as Freedom, CSP, or CSR can be used to pay for tickets with cash back using their UR's. There are other ways as well, but I'm keeping it as simple as possible. Also the cash back rewards from other cards that you may already have, Barclay, Capitol One.

Do you get 5% off any other gift cards with the Target red card? Specifically Southwest Airlines?

Not applicable specifically to RedCard, but has anyone got the target gift cards during the 10% off sale before Christmas and used it to buy disney gift cards through target?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!