Doing Disney a bit different this time! - 5K Race morning! updated 10.23

As many times as we've been to WDW I am 100% confident I would get lost getting anywhere. I have a really good sense of direction but pay zero attention to where the buses are ever going. And I didn't even think about the alcohol factor. Think we will just ixnay the whole rental car idea right there.

I don't think I realized any states didn't have alcohol in the stores. We can get beer and wine in them, just not liquor. Of course maybe I'd drink less if I had to go to two different places :D

We rented a house for the first time when we went down a couple of Xmas' ago. It was really nice, will probably do it again next year.

Late to the party but joining in now!

We've had a car in Disney a lot now so I'm used to driving on property but the first few times were definitely rough lol. And using the GPS to try to navigate is a disaster- it's always trying to bring you to entrances you're not allowed to use lol. Google maps is somewhat better but at this point I just use the Disney signs. Disney Springs parking is the worst! I feel like the lime garage is the most conveniently located but for some reason I can never figure out how to get in it lol.

Sounds like the rest of your day was good!

I still get so amazed when I'm outside of NJ and see stores selling alcohol!!

It was shocking to me when i moved to NJ and realized this, however it balances out that i never have to pump my own gas!

As many times as we've been to WDW I am 100% confident I would get lost getting anywhere. I have a really good sense of direction but pay zero attention to where the buses are ever going. And I didn't even think about the alcohol factor. Think we will just ixnay the whole rental car idea right there.

I feel the same, i have a good sense of direction, but it is honestly all over the place and the GPS never takes you to the right spots its very frustrating.

haha! Yeah i will say it is a MAJOR negative to the offsite house. If the girls were older we would just Uber every where. Dillon doesn't need car seat per FL law but Maren does. And once we took an Uber when Dillon was 4 and the refused us because of her age.

I don't think I realized any states didn't have alcohol in the stores. We can get beer and wine in them, just not liquor. Of course maybe I'd drink less if I had to go to two different places :D

Yeah it SUCKS! honestly it was a shock when i realized it when i first moved here, i thought it was just one store, so was like we will go to the other CVS and Rob was like what no, none of them sell alcohol... like WHAT

We rented a house for the first time when we went down a couple of Xmas' ago. It was really nice, will probably do it again next year.

It was a really nice change! Has pluses and minuses but overall we liked it... i think!

Late to the party but joining in now!

We've had a car in Disney a lot now so I'm used to driving on property but the first few times were definitely rough lol. And using the GPS to try to navigate is a disaster- it's always trying to bring you to entrances you're not allowed to use lol. Google maps is somewhat better but at this point I just use the Disney signs. Disney Springs parking is the worst! I feel like the lime garage is the most conveniently located but for some reason I can never figure out how to get in it lol.

Never late! Welcome! How are you?

Yeah google maps is my go to, but even still i am like WHAT is going on!

My friend said the same about Lime, but no idea how to get there, maybe we will try next time. haha!

Just finished your other TR and followed your link to this one, looking forward to reading more about your trip.

My family stayed offsite the 1st 2 trips down to WDW in 85 and 87 then after that all trips have been onsite. Recently we have toyed with the idea of offsite either at another hotel or a condo/house but I haven't been able to do it yet, I think I would miss the Bubble too much (the Disney Bubble)

I am originally from Philly so I am used to the "No Alcohol in grocery stores", etc so when I moved in 2002 to VA it was REALLY strange. Now I have been in Western NY since 2005, it's not so strange anymore.

I have had a trip planned for late September to DLR but all that is up in the air now so I am bummed, it's nice to still get a little "Fix" via trip reports, though so looking forward to more of yours.

Just finished your other TR and followed your link to this one, looking forward to reading more about your trip.

Welcome and thanks for following along!

My family stayed offsite the 1st 2 trips down to WDW in 85 and 87 then after that all trips have been onsite. Recently we have toyed with the idea of offsite either at another hotel or a condo/house but I haven't been able to do it yet, I think I would miss the Bubble too much (the Disney Bubble)

It was a really hard sell for me, i did miss the Disney bubble, but for this trip it made sense... and i didn't hate it nearly as much as i thought i was going to.

I have had a trip planned for late September to DLR but all that is up in the air now so I am bummed, it's nice to still get a little "Fix" via trip reports, though so looking forward to more of yours.

It is such a bummer when stuff is getting canceled We have a November tip booked, and I'm holding out hope it can happen, and be somewhat normal.

Joining in! We have done several offsite stays and the last couple times we had a house with a private pool which the kids loved.

Yes the pool is great! We don't end up using it this trip, but having it is such a nice option!

I'm here and following along!
Curious to hear how your offsite experience went. I see you've seen what a pain GPS can be in Central FL. It's such a pain sometimes!

I'm here and following along!
Curious to hear how your offsite experience went. I see you've seen what a pain GPS can be in Central FL. It's such a pain sometimes!

Welcome! If i continue at this rate you wont know how we liked it till 2021!

HEY HEY! I am still here and around!

I hope everyone is staying safe and doing well, a quick update on us, the girls started camp and daycare so we have a small sense of normalcy here, i mean with masks and stuff but overall the girls are really thriving and it was a much needed for them. We are struggling with how the fall will look, but i am trying to stay positive. We have a tentative trip planned for November, but who knows what will happen there.

I will say Dillon saw that Disney was open and ask to go every day.... me too girl me too....

Day 1 Part 1 - MK EMM!

The girls as usually were up early! I was up and down stairs with Maren by 5:30 this pic is timed at 5:27

Dillon joined us shortly after as i have her in a photo by 6:15. Yes those are Christmas PJs, but they are Mickey!

They had some breakfast and were ready to go by 640! @missangelalexis thank you for our ears!!!

We had EMM at MK so being up early wasn't a huge deal....I went into details a bit about this in my PTR but this was a last minute add as we loved it so much in August!

The plan was to head out no later the 7:15, we left about on time. We headed to MK, I ended up sitting in the back with the girls and I was saying (screaming) go right go right, and the GPS was saying go straight, well should have gone right, because we had to turn around.

We parked and made it to MK right at 7:45, which was a pain, we couldn't pick up our EMM bracelets outside the park since the event already started, we had to do it inside the park by the Fantasy land bridge to the right of the castle. This was a bit of a cluster. They scanned us and told us to go in, no bracelet, I said I want the bracelets, they said you don't need them. I insisted, which meant I had to wait for another CM to help me, but good thing I waited. I sent Rob, Dillon and our Au Pair ahead, and they did Pooh, Maren waited with me, we got everyone bracelets and only ended up about 5 honey pots behind them. Our honey pot picture is at 756 (VERY blurry!)
Then Rob, Dillon and the Au Pair went to Peter Pan and were told they couldn't go on without the Bracelets, we were right behind them and met up with them so we could all put on out bracelets. At this point I was so happy I made sure to get the bracelets as I would have been annoyed to have to walk all the way back to the check in point to get them.

We all rode Peter Pan!

We then were able to meet the wondering Fairy Godmother. This even was a Cinderella themed day.
It was now time for Mine Train! First Rob, Dillon and our Au Pair while Maren and I did the carousel.
Then we swapped and Dillon me and our Au Pair did mine train twice while rob and Maren rode the carousel.

Here we are in Mine Train! Our Au Pair looked scared in her first ride so i used a scary Emoji!

Overall a successful morning. Up next we decided to rope drop Big Thunder, maybe we will have better luck then when we tried to rope drop splash last time!
(Splash was down which was Dillon's 1st choice, hopefully we can ride it again before it is rethemed).

Up Next more MK!​

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 2
  • image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    55.3 KB · Views: 2
The ears looked so cute on the girls!

It's a good thing you fought to get the bracelets- that was the right call!

Sounds like a fun morning at EMM!

Dillon joined us shortly after as i have her in a photo by 6:15. Yes those are Christmas PJs, but they are Mickey!
Man your girls sure are early risers!!!!

At this point I was so happy I made sure to get the bracelets as I would have been annoyed to have to walk all the way back to the check in point to get them.
That is crazy they tried to send you ahead without them. Good thing you insisted. I'm sure you would have been none too happy to have to go back.

Here we are in Mine Train! Our Au Pair looked scared in her first ride so i used a scary Emoji!
:rotfl: Was this her first time in WDW?

I also ask every day when we can go back to WDW lol.

The girls looked adorable that morning and wow they get up early!!

The ears looked so cute on the girls!

It's a good thing you fought to get the bracelets- that was the right call!

Sounds like a fun morning at EMM!

Thank you! They loved them! I want to make a shadow box for them my friend did it, it looks great!

Was a great morning! I miss EMM

Man your girls sure are early risers!!!!

That they are! I shouldn't Jinx it but we have been getting between 6-730 lately its like a summer miracle.... i probably just jinxed it right?

That is crazy they tried to send you ahead without them. Good thing you insisted. I'm sure you would have been none too happy to have to go back.

Right! I would have been SO angry!

:rotfl: Was this her first time in WDW?

Yes it was! By ride 3 she was fine!

I also ask every day when we can go back to WDW lol.

Secretly me too, me too stupid COVID cases, out November trip is looking less and less likely... :sad2:

The girls looked adorable that morning and wow they get up early!!

Thank you! Yeah they do! I shouldn't Jinx it but we have been getting between 6-730 lately its like a summer miracle.... i probably just jinxed it right?

Next up was Rope drop!

We headed to the rope that would lead us to Big thunder. As standard with me don’t follow me to rope drop! It was a bit slow and the ride didn't start right away, but we loved it anyway! Rob and Maren did Magic Carpets while we did Big Thunder.

We all met up and stopped for group castle pictures, our friends had just arrived so we all got some good pictures here!
I cropped everyone else out, but it is a FAB picture.

Then we headed to our first FP of the day Buzz. We were on buzz around 950 per our photo pass picture.
Next up the people Mover which is one of our favorites!

While on the people mover i was able to move up pirates FP to 1030, then about 5 minutes later pirates went down so we got an any time FP and thanks to @lvcourtneyy I knew I could grab another FP great tip! I think I grabbed a Small World FP (but honestly my notes are poop, and this was like a lifetime ago in 2020 days)

My friend's husband wanted to do Space with our anytime FP and I was sure Dillon wouldn’t want to, but she was so excited about it! Color me shocked! So we got on line/in line which is right???, and right away Dillon started saying she was thirsty... typical kid! I jumped to grab a water and the guy behind me paid for ours! What a nice guy! I used my AP discount so he got a small discount on his drink, but it was very nice of him and a little pixie dust for us! The anytime FP didn’t show up, and they had a guest service check it, which was pretty quick and painless.
Dillon LOVED SPACE, i look more scared then her! I was surprised again and a bit worried but she surprises me every day!

Rob went for coffee and Maren was crying and they gave her a free cookie which was the size of her head! After Space we headed to Crystal Palace for lunch, we checked in and did some shopping while we waited to be called!

Some cute pics of the kids, i hope they love each this much for always!

Maren looks silly here, but she hangs on to Dillon so TIGHT

Also last night at 2am she woke up screaming for Dillon! Not her Parents Dillon and when Rob went in she goes I WANT DILLON!

Up Next Lunch and the afternoon at MK !​

While on the people mover i was able to move up pirates FP to 1030, then about 5 minutes later pirates went down so we got an any time FP and thanks to @lvcourtneyy I knew I could grab another FP great tip!

Yas girl! I feel I've lost an entire skill set since FP+ is not a thing right now :rotfl:

My friend's husband wanted to do Space with our anytime FP and I was sure Dillon wouldn’t want to, but she was so excited about it!

Oo yay Dillion- girl after my own heart!

Some cute pics of the kids, i hope they love each this much for always!

:love::love::love:

Well I guess I kind of abandoned this trip report for a while!

Things have been crazy here, how dare life get in the way of my DIS board time! But I have a few minutes for an update and catching up on some threads so here I am! I will say my notes are fuzzy and this trip was so long ago, I may be missing stuff, but I think its still fun to revisit, and you wont know if i leave it out anyway! haha! So here we go.

When i last left off we had just arrived at lunch at Crystal place. We checked in and waiting a few minutes but were seated rather quickly.

As usual no food pictures, but we do have character pictures!

First up was Tigger! followed by Pooh, Piglet and Eeyore

I am trying not to post pictures of my friends, their son or our Au Pairs faces, so you will notice a the pictures are a but more candid from this meal.

Maren was still not a huge fan of the characters but she seemed to improve a tiny bit this trip, TINY.

We skipped desert here and opted for mickey bars! A great choice in my opinion. (check out those ears! @missangelalexis )!

Next up was Small world, followed by Haunted Mansion. Maren had fallen asleep so so we grabbed a spot for the parade had some snacks and checked that out.

Just a tad to short!

Dillon and Rob made there way to us, but jumped into Country bears the show and then a quick meet!

After the parade we went to meet Mickey!

After Mickey we went to one of our newest traditions! Hari Cuts at Harmony barber Shop! I am so sad this will not be open in November, at least as of now, Dillon was asking about it this week and everything!
Love the Pixie dust, don't mind the snot!
Selfie of the fresh cut!! (actually this may be at the expo)

We headed out of the park, we weren't scheduled to go back till November anyway, but let me tell you I wish I had known what I know now when I walked out. I may have kissed the ground or something.

We headed to the Expo, i have no photos of this experience as it mostly initialed wrangling tired children while trying to pick up packets. We purchased some items, walked around and headed back to the house.

We arrived and my sister and her husband were waiting for us. We ordered in dinner, got the kids ready for bed, and I headed to bed early as my race was the next day!

Up Next Race day!​

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!