Doggie Bag?

Snowtrail

Earning My Ears
We don't eat much, so I'm guessing there will be leftover food from the restaurants. Do people bring their own zip locks and ice packs? Or just throw it in their bags, or carry it everywhere they go and just keep eating? Trying to figure out the best way to do this. We have a couple buffet meals, that we obviously can't take anything out, but I know there will be other food items too large for us to eat at one sitting.

We waste the food and let them throw it away. Truthfully, I'm guessing this is what the majority of people do inside the parks. Over the years we have gotten a little bit better and not ordering everything even though we are on the deluxe dining plan. But other than that, I'm not carting two slices of leftover pizza around the world with me.

We don't eat much, so I'm guessing there will be leftover food from the restaurants. Do people bring their own zip locks and ice packs? Or just throw it in their bags, or carry it everywhere they go and just keep eating? Trying to figure out the best way to do this. We have a couple buffet meals, that we obviously can't take anything out, but I know there will be other food items too large for us to eat at one sitting.

Discounting buffets there are no restaurants I've eaten at within WDW that I haven't been able to take leftovers back with me and the container has always been provided by the restaurant. Even received an un-finished bottle of wine from Wine Bar George. I've heard that VN doesn't provide pizza boxes but instead stacked the slices into a styrofoam type container; wouldn't be a biggie to me as long as they put some paper in between the slices.

We usually go straight back to the hotel with leftovers but that's because our big meal of the day tends to be dinner so no ice packs needed.

If I'm doing a late dinner I might take leftovers. But usually I just eat appetizers or lighter meals so there isn't as much leftover.

We do our best to order the "right" amount of food and rarely have leftovers. If we did I wouldn't bother carrying them around the parks. Even with ice packs (which would be warming long before lunch or dinner in 90 degree Florida heat), food safety would be a concern of mine. No leftover is worth derailing vacation over a bad bout of mud butt.

We have requested containers (dessert at Le Cellier, pizza at VN - went straight back to the resort), and we've also packaged things in baggies (pastries from BOG breakfast - snacked later in the day). I wouldn't want to carry a container around the park, and I wouldn't feel eating it hours later after being in that heat would be a good idea, either.

I would never eat leftovers at WDW because there is always the 'next' meal planned before I am hungry again. We also try to order less food on vacation than we might order normally. We share appetizers and entrees. Besides not having leftovers, we also like that eating lighter means we have room for the Mickey Premium bar between meals.:thumbsup2

Discounting buffets there are no restaurants I've eaten at within WDW that I haven't been able to take leftovers back with me and the container has always been provided by the restaurant. Even received an un-finished bottle of wine from Wine Bar George. I've heard that VN doesn't provide pizza boxes but instead stacked the slices into a styrofoam type container; wouldn't be a biggie to me as long as they put some paper in between the slices.

We usually go straight back to the hotel with leftovers but that's because our big meal of the day tends to be dinner so no ice packs needed.
In my experience,no paper between slices. Just piled on each other.

I agree that containers are provided by the restaurant if you ask to take the rest to go. We've done that before if we've eaten at Epcot and are staying at the Boardwalk--DH walked it back and put it in the fridge. Of course it doesn't always get eaten as we're on vacation and not in the room at mealtimes...so we don't do it as often now. We will pack up a leftover cookie or something in a napkin and put it in our bag for later; or purposefully buy a bunch of pastries to go that will be our breakfast the next day.

I agree that containers are provided by the restaurant if you ask to take the rest to go. We've done that before if we've eaten at Epcot and are staying at the Boardwalk--DH walked it back and put it in the fridge. Of course it doesn't always get eaten as we're on vacation and not in the room at mealtimes...so we don't do it as often now. We will pack up a leftover cookie or something in a napkin and put it in our bag for later; or purposefully buy a bunch of pastries to go that will be our breakfast the next day.
When we stay at one of the Epcot area hotels I've been known to walk/boat over to Yorkshire County Fish Shop, pick up an order of fish and chips and eat it when we want.
Trust me, no waste;).

I don't eat much, so I almost always have leftovers. If it's something that will keep, or I'm going back to my room shortly, I will save it.

The only place that we took our leftovers with us was from Homecomin' and the server packed them up for us into to-go containers.

We don't bother, our next trip our plan is to share some meals so there isn't the waste and leftovers.

In my experience,no paper between slices. Just piled on each other.
On our next trip DGD will be back with us again, we wont be on the dining plan, and we'll be going back to VN.
Now we'll be able to order a small pie to share and DGD can still order the meatballs that she is clueless aren't made with cheese:duck:. Boy oh boy is she gonna give me the evil eye when she figures it out.
I anticipate no leftovers;)

We’ve taken leftover desserts back to the room if it’s a late dinner and had them for breakfast the next day. Typically though since all our meals are out and about in the parks and we are rarely in our room we never really have time to eat the leftovers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter