dog park? Picnic area? Just wondering..

I was thinking the same thing. We walk several miles daily with our dog, thought it was a bit funny that folks made a big issue out of walking a mile to reach a dog park! OP I wish you the best of luck & am sorry you've had to put up with so many snarky comments. For what it's worth, I'd call FW & ask them if they have any suggestions for you. Enjoy your visit with your friends!
Thank you.

I did email them, and they were kind enough to reply.

Although outside guests are welcome to visit us at the resort, their pets are not.
The dog park is only for the guests of the campground.

They were very nice and answered my questions, which was what I was looking for.

We have decided to fly in a little earlier and meet them in Disney springs before our room is ready and we're checked in. This way we aren't giving up time at the parks. A two hour visit off site would be 1/2 a day...and my kids won't want to be gone that long!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!