>> Dog-Friendly Resorts FAQ <<

Has anyone checked in with a dog since COVID started? In the past (pre-COVID, pre-dog) we would just do online check-in and go straight to our rooms. We have a split stay at AoA booked in a few months and have called to confirm we will be bringing our dog. All information on our MDE account implies we can still just go straight to our room, so does anyone know if will we be able to go straight there and the Pluto package be waiting there? Or will we still have to go to the front desk for that?

Thanks!

Has anyone checked in with a dog since COVID started? In the past (pre-COVID, pre-dog) we would just do online check-in and go straight to our rooms. We have a split stay at AoA booked in a few months and have called to confirm we will be bringing our dog. All information on our MDE account implies we can still just go straight to our room, so does anyone know if will we be able to go straight there and the Pluto package be waiting there? Or will we still have to go to the front desk for that?

Thanks!
I follow someone on Instagram who just took her dog to the Cabins. She said that she only had to check off on the app for check-in that she's bringing a dog. There was no mention of the Pluto package. Maybe call on the morning of check-in to see if they can put the package in your room to ensure minimal contact.

Hrm, I went ahead and did the online check-in and there was no place to check off that I was bringing a dog.
Thank you for that info- if anyone who has been to AoA since they reopened would like to chime in, I would greatly appreciate it!

I’m currently booked with my corgi in a Lion King suite at AoA this June and am trying to find recent reports of how dog parents have been enjoying their stay very recently. What was check in like? How limited are you? I know they can’t be in the pool areas. How easy was it to take them to Doggy Camp at Best Friends? How’d they do there?

Just hoping for some up to date feedback.

I’m currently booked with my corgi in a Lion King suite at AoA this June and am trying to find recent reports of how dog parents have been enjoying their stay very recently. What was check in like? How limited are you? I know they can’t be in the pool areas. How easy was it to take them to Doggy Camp at Best Friends? How’d they do there?

If you want to take your dog to day camp at Best Friends, you either need a car or a dog friendly Uber.

We stayed at AoA in January - we did online check in and just went straight to our room. It was fine to have our dog on any of the paths out walking around but we spent most of the time with him on the "outer" path (really just closer to the dog relief areas) but it was not a problem to walk him all the way through the entire resort, from LM to Cars, except we saw only two other dogs during our entire stay (one of which appeared to be a service dog) so a LOT of people were coming up to us to see our dog (not wearing masks, not social distancing).

Honestly, it threw us a bit and we ended up moving to a cabin at Fort Wilderness, which ended up being MUCH better for our family (they have a dog park and there is a lot of shade); dogs are welcome in most of the areas and there wasn't so much noise during the times we left him crated in our room compared to AoA. (Also, despite being bigger we didn't see anyone not wearing masks and everyone was better about social distancing there, even in the dog park.)

We did not use Best Friends Pet Care while we were there so can't comment on that.

(Side note, we did not receive a Pluto package at either resort, which wasn't a big deal since we brought everything we needed- also, got double charged for pet fee at Fort Wilderness so keep an eye out for that on your bill!)

Hello Orca! I'm curious how your trip was! We have a Little Mermaid room at AoA for November with our Corgi! We were told that we couldn't take our little guy to Doggy Camp at Best Friends because he isn't a local dog :( which sucks. Any advise would be great!

Hello Orca! I'm curious how your trip was! We have a Little Mermaid room at AoA for November with our Corgi! We were told that we couldn't take our little guy to Doggy Camp at Best Friends because he isn't a local dog :( which sucks. Any advise would be great!
Hey! You’ve reminded me that I totally meant to do a report here! The short of it is, it went great! I’m on a plane atm but when I get back from my California vacay I will definitely give all the details.

I ended up not using Best Friends because we didn’t do the parks, but l will say I tried calling them and no one ever answered the phone—so my first impression of them was not good anyway.

my corgi was a celebrity around the resort so be prepared!

I am taking my two small dogs to AOA over the holidays - pet sitter quit for a full time job and they're rescues so it takes them a LONG time to get used to strangers. they won't walk on a leash with anyone they don't know, and the sitter service can't guarantee the same person for all holiday visits. I tried looking into putting them at best friends just for the day for our park days but, after the website/phone/e-mail runaround, they informed me that they are full for those days. I don't think Rover is an option given their stranger issues. So, I'm looking at keeping the dogs in the room and leaving the parks mid-day to walk them. They have stayed in a hotel with me (and left in the room alone) once before and did ok. No complaints of noise when I wasn't there, but the hotel had interior entrances and we seemed to be in a quiet hallway. We're staying in a standard room at AoA, which I understand has outside entrances. A couple of worries -

are dog rooms always first floor rooms or do I need to call and specifically request that?

Any particular rooms/buildings that face a quiet, non-highly trafficked area of the resort?

Do they give you something to hang on the door noting that you have dogs or do i need to get that from the front desk (doing mobile check-in)? worst nightmare is someone like the maid or security trying to enter the room when I'm not there and inadvertently letting the pups escape. Going to bring a gate but the door placement in the rooms looks a bit awkward so not sure if it will end up working.

how are the noise levels? My pups are not really barkers, but one of the two will bark if he sees/hears other dogs out the window (going to try and keep the curtains closed) or (rarely) people or kids talking, usually only if he can hear but not see them.

I don't believe there are any designated pet rooms, so you could be placed anywhere. If you have a preference for 1st floor, then you'll want to request that.

You will probably need to stop by the front desk for the pet stuff -- I believe there is a door tag included with that. You may also want to call Housekeeping from your room to arrange for cleaning or the security check.

I thought dogs were only allowed in Little Mermaid Rooms. Have rules changed?
The WDW website doesn’t specify any specific building(s) at AoA:

Dog-Friendly Accommodations
Bring your pampered pooch to stay with you at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
Here at Walt Disney World Resort, we know that dogs aren’t simply pets—they’re members of your family. And since family is at the heart of everything we do, for a limited time, your furry friends are welcome to join you at select Disney Resort hotels. Let the tail wagging commence!
Note: Limit 2 dogs per room. Restrictions and fees apply.
How to Book
To bring your dog along on your upcoming visit, please call (407) 939-7539. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Services for Guests with Dogs
During your stay, Best Friends Pet Care can provide assistance with day care and other pet services (fees apply). For details, please call (877) 4-WDW-PETS or (877) 493-9738, or visit bestfriendspetcare.com. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.
Some restrictions on certain pets may apply. Before you arrive, be sure to download the official dog policy PDF.

Anyone stay at the cabins at Fort Wilderness recently with a dog? Is there a hand tag to put on the door alerting housekeeping not to enter when the dog is in the cabin?
Do dogs have to be crated in the cabin when left alone? We have a small toy poodle. He has no issue being crated but would rather be able to sleep outside his crate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!