Does this plan make sense?

donipan

Mouseketeer
This is going to be my first trip to Disney... well, not exactly, I was once there, so long ago that only the Magic Kingdom existed. It was my first time ever in the States, on holidays with my parents. I was a European child who'd never tasted a burger before. Now that I'm living here, I am excited to take my "American" kids there (6-year old girl and 4-year boy). As excited as I am, I'm really not too bothered about doing everything. We are going during boiling-hot July, for hardly 5 days, I'll be alone with the kids. I have no intention to wake up at dawn, spend whole days in the parks, and any ride with a 90' wait is not worth riding in my book:). The only musts are: ride some of the old rides I did as a child (the pirates, Peter Pan..), see Ariel, do at least some Toy Story stuff.

So this is the tentative plan, and I am sure you have 100 ideas to make it better...

• Arrive Saturday evening in Orlando. Check in New Orleans Resort - French Quarter. Head to MK around 6:00 pm. Hang around the castle. Do some low-crowd ride (which? I guess it is to late for FP right?). Is Ariel grotto open?
  • Sunday - EMH at Eptcott. Aim at arriving before 8:30? Do the Nemo stuff. Maybe get FP for Soarin (is it okay for a 4-year old?). I have ADR for early lunch (11:30) at Akershus (Ariel, check). Do the Viking thing at the Norway pavillion. Maybe ride the space train. Back to the resort for relaxing and afternoon by the pool. Ship to Downtown in the evening.
  • Monday - MK. Try to be there early but maybe not RD (would like to get an early breakfast reservation at CP but it is full). Get FP for Peter Pan. Do some Adventureland rides, Pirates and so. ADR for late breakfast at CP. Go back to resort. Pool. Back to MK at around 6 or 7. Rides. Any reasonable hope to do Dumbo or I give up?
  • Tuesday - HDS - Have ADR for breakfast at H&V at 8. Aim to get out before the park is open. Run to TS, if queue is long get FP. Ride Starwars, Shrunk the kids etc. Go to Voyage of the Little Marmaid and Playhouse. Head back to the resort after lunch. Evening: Either back to HDS or Dowtown? (I'm not park hopping).
  • Wednesday - MK. Get there around rope drop. Fit one or two rides in between 9 and 11. Say goodbye to Disney.

Does this make sense. Any advice?
Thanks so much!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter