Does this make the most sense?

la79al

DIS Veteran
I have been stressing out since I booked flights. I scheduled us to fly in the day before our disney adventure starts without really looking into the logistics. The plan was to fly in early, hit the grocery store, spend the night at the inlaws (1.5 hours away) then have DH drop us off at DW while he goes back to his parents house. I have been going over rental car scenarios, hotel scenarios, grocery delivery, etc. I have finally decided to rent a car from mco when we fly in, go to the grocery store, spend the night at the in laws, drop DH and the kids at DW the next morning, return the car to mco and then magical Express back to the resort. The price for the rental looks like less than an uber for DH from the airport plus the grocery delivery. This plan makes the most sense, right?

Depending on how far out you are from arriving, it might be less stressful to just book the car all week. Check out the car rental discounts under transportation. Just look for your month your arriving and people are usually talking about car rental discounts.

drop the rental somewhere in Disney Springs and uber back to resort. We used to do something similar, I use Avis and drop it at the Hilton (if they're not busy, they will even drive you back to your resort)

drop the rental somewhere in Disney Springs and uber back to resort. We used to do something similar, I use Avis and drop it at the Hilton (if they're not busy, they will even drive you back to your resort)
Alamo and National have courtesy vans at Disney World that will take you just about anywhere you need to go after returning the car to the car care center. They also have a counter at the Dolphin.

Rent a car at MCO, go visit the inlaws, drive to WDW stopping at a grocery store on the way.
Park. Or have husband drop you off. Don't over think it - or over aggravate yourself with it. Make it easy for yourself as you are on vacation. I think gottalovepluto made a excellent point "Time is money on vacation. "

Alamo and National have courtesy vans at Disney World that will take you just about anywhere you need to go after returning the car to the car care center. They also have a counter at the Dolphin.
This!!
We've used the Dolphin location to pick up a car from Alamo to drive to Port of Miami and it was so convenient. We spent the day at MK and took the Dolphin resort bus when we left the park, picked up the car, and drove it back to BCV. Drove to Miami first thing in the am.

Last time I looked into renting at MCO and dropping at Disney the car rental companies all wanted to charge a one-way rental fee of anywhere from $100-$200, for dropping off at a different location than the one from which I picked up the car. Just be aware that this could happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter