Does this look doable?

rockinmom

Earning My Ears
We have not been to WDW since the change in the way disability accomodations are handled. When we went before, MK was easy. We rode every single ride, Space Mountain, three times. I get to reserve fp Friday and I am considering cancelling my dining reservation that day because I am not sure we will be able to manage all the stuff he wants to do. Tell me if this is doable.
Start in Fantasyland at 9 AM
Go to 7 Dwarf Mine- Get a time to come back hopefully not to far out.
Then ride any other rides in that area he wants to. My guess, teacups and Peter Pan being the two biggest but it is likely he will want to do 5 or 6 rides total there.
Head to Liberty Square for a quick lunch at Columbia Harbor, then ride Haunted Mansion.
Head to Adventureland- ride Pirates and jungle cruise
Head to Frontierland, use fp+ for splash mtn and big thunder mtn
Go to Tony's for our 5:20 dinner reservation
Then go straight to Space Mtn and use our fp there, then ride the few other rides there he wants, most likely monsters buzz and speedway.

Am I trying to pack to much in? Not being realistic enough?

We have not been to WDW since the change in the way disability accomodations are handled. When we went before, MK was easy. We rode every single ride, Space Mountain, three times. I get to reserve fp Friday and I am considering cancelling my dining reservation that day because I am not sure we will be able to manage all the stuff he wants to do. Tell me if this is doable.
Start in Fantasyland at 9 AM
Go to 7 Dwarf Mine- Get a time to come back hopefully not to far out.
Then ride any other rides in that area he wants to. My guess, teacups and Peter Pan being the two biggest but it is likely he will want to do 5 or 6 rides total there.
Head to Liberty Square for a quick lunch at Columbia Harbor, then ride Haunted Mansion.
Head to Adventureland- ride Pirates and jungle cruise
Head to Frontierland, use fp+ for splash mtn and big thunder mtn
Go to Tony's for our 5:20 dinner reservation
Then go straight to Space Mtn and use our fp there, then ride the few other rides there he wants, most likely monsters buzz and speedway.

Am I trying to pack to much in? Not being realistic enough?

after getting your das time at mine car you will have to go stand by on teacups peter pan etc.
other than the one plan to get a return time on mine car and your fast passes I don't see a plan for how you will deal with the rest of the ride lines. Do you plan to do standby? You plan sounds great, but I don't see a realistic plan for dealing with the lines if you plan on avoiding stand by lines.

This is how I do MK

I go to 7DMT first normally the return time is 30-45 minutes ( I hang back from the RD crowded) If you have more then 2 adults have one up in the front of the RD crowded and get a return time, then meet you at whatever is your first ride)

7DMT pooh and PP get long fast ( I do not know how long of a standby line you can do, but by the time I get to 7DMT and get a return time these lines are too long for me)

I am not sure if your FP opens up this Friday or you are going Friday, if your FP open this Friday I would get them for the morning like 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30 for rides you know he like that tend to have long waits ( 7DMT, PP, space would be good ones) after you use your first 3 you can get more, buzz is normally easy to get a 4 one)

before you sit down to eat go get a return time for a ride so after you are done eating you will not have long ( if any time) before you can do a ride, also if you want to see the parade you can get a return time before you find a spot)

I think I remember you saying in another post that your child has ASD if so and he remebrs the old systom then I would let him know the new one and that he will have to go to the ride and get a retun time and then he will be able to go on the ride latter, He may not beable to do all the rides he did before and that he will have to wait to ride any rides with a long wait but he can do so out side the line, and some times if there is a line with a shorter wait he can do this or you can do other things while he wiats.

But to answer your question on can you do every rides in the MK and some more then ones, I am going to say this is slim to none leaning tards none, the parks are more crowded and lines are much longer now then they were a few years ago.

Last edited:
FP+ opens up on Friday. I have never used it but my TA wants me to book on Friday, she says they go fast for headliner rides. It is just me and my son so no extra adult. My son has autism and epilepsy, though since a hospital stay over Thanksgiving, he has not had a seizure, meds seem to be doing their job. He does have issues with heat tho because of the meds and heat can bring on seizures. I welcome any suggestions as I really do not know the best way to do this. I only have one day for MK. And he has three must do rides there, all the mountains, everything else for him is just extra. I pretty much asked him for each park, what are your musts? I also would like to do as little backtracking as possible and more go in a circle as I have an awful sense of direction and get lost easily.

FP+ opens up on Friday. I have never used it but my TA wants me to book on Friday, she says they go fast for headliner rides. It is just me and my son so no extra adult. My son has autism and epilepsy, though since a hospital stay over Thanksgiving, he has not had a seizure, meds seem to be doing their job. He does have issues with heat tho because of the meds and heat can bring on seizures. I welcome any suggestions as I really do not know the best way to do this. I only have one day for MK. And he has three must do rides there, all the mountains, everything else for him is just extra. I pretty much asked him for each park, what are your musts? I also would like to do as little backtracking as possible and more go in a circle as I have an awful sense of direction and get lost easily.
Since your FP open up this friday then I would do space at like 9:30 and 7DMT at 10 30-11 You can very easely RD buzz and the speadway and get a retrun time for space if he likes to loop it, and do all of this before you have to use your space FP ( you have an hour to use it so if it is a 9:30 you have untill 10:30) then I would do and get a DAS for PP and head over to either ( pooh or IASW, or the little moermaid if the stand by lines are not too long) and use your 7DMT FP I owuld look at a start time any where from 10:30 to afer you use your PP FP if there is a ride he want to do but the lineis too long then I would get a DAS for this ride and get a DAS before you go to lunch and have your BTMRR FP for around 1.

Or you can start out in fronterland and most rides should be close to walk on the first hour the park is opens ( POTCB JC, Aladans carpit) have your first FP for BTMRR starting about 10:30, you can get a DAS for splsh if you like then head over and maybe do HM and before you eat luch I would get a DAS for PP if he want to ride this one, have your FP for 7DMT for a little after lunch and then space after this. (If you do the left sid eof the apark fist you should be abele to do all the rides well before lunch time ( JC POTCB Splsh BTMRR and HM) also you want your FP as early as you can becuse MK is so easy to get another FP ( some peole can get up to 10 a day)

I hope this helped you

Thanks, I have never used FP+, the last time I visited in 2011, it was still the run to the machine for FP. I am definitely a little overwhelmed.

I would suggest subscribing to Touring Plans and making a custom plan for the day you expect to be there. You can input your fastpasses, the rides you want to go on, and your preferences for food/breaks/walking distance, etc. It computerizes a plan for you. Not sure if you can do the custom plans without a subscription, but it's quite inexpensive - less than $20 a year and has crowd calendars you can utilize, as well as a few other perks.

You can schedule one DAS at a time, and don't think they have plans that include that (although they may, I haven't done one in awhile.) But that would just allow you to do even more.

I would suggest subscribing to Touring Plans and making a custom plan for the day you expect to be there. You can input your fastpasses, the rides you want to go on, and your preferences for food/breaks/walking distance, etc. It computerizes a plan for you. Not sure if you can do the custom plans without a subscription, but it's quite inexpensive - less than $20 a year and has crowd calendars you can utilize, as well as a few other perks.

You can schedule one DAS at a time, and don't think they have plans that include that (although they may, I haven't done one in awhile.) But that would just allow you to do even more.
I was able to do the free custom plans on turing plans for NYE trip just know that some times it can be off and you may have to cut out a ride but fo the most part very help full.

Thanks, I have never used FP+, the last time I visited in 2011, it was still the run to the machine for FP. I am definitely a little overwhelmed.

This can be a friend. You want to try to get main attractions with them and do them early. Once you do your first 3 FPs you can go for more, one at a time. I've seen reports of people doing 10 FPs in a day.

You can space DAS around the FPs. You get an hour window with each fastpass; so, you can work in DAS, too.

The combination will make your day more fun and enjoyable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!