Does the Beast still meet at BOG dinner?

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone, we haven’t been back to BOG since the switch to the new prix fixe format, and wondering if the Beast still meets?

Any other reviews are appreciated :)

(I’ve read reviews online, but there’s nothin like the opinions of my dis friends!)

Yes, the Beast still meets people at dinner.

Our dinner at BOG in February was mostly good. Appetizers were hit and miss, entrees were good to very good, dessert was fun. Servers tried hard, but there’s no hiding the fact that BOG was built to be a dining hall, not a fine dining establishment (no matter how cool the setting). We paid OOP and agreed it’s not a must do for us every trip.

We found our trip through MK after our meal (close to official closing) to be even more magical than the meal and castle. Taking pictures of Cinderella’s Castle and Main Street with all their lights (and hardly any people) was grand.

The Beast still meets. We went both before and after the menu switch. We liked it a bit better before, but it’s still good. My daughter loved being in the castle and meeting the beast - Beauty & the Beast is her favorite movie. So that’s pretty much why we did it. I don’t know if we would do it next trip unless she asked - but it was worth it for her.

We had dinner at BOG during our last trip- food was excellent and the atmosphere is incredible (my girlfriend was in tears). We still talk about it to this day. Beast was there for photos.

Attachments

• 20190110_192557.jpg
    20190110_192557.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 16
Hi, can anyone link a thread to what the changes in dinner are? Its been a few years for us, and going in a couple of weeks. thanks

It is now a pre fixe. You get a non alcoholic drink with a choice of appetizer and entree and then a dessert trio of a macaron, chocolate truffle, and the Grey Stuff in a white chocolate “Chip” cup.

Hi, can anyone link a thread to what the changes in dinner are? Its been a few years for us, and going in a couple of weeks. thanks

As @CynBeth said above, dinner at BoG is now a fixed price meal...meaning everyone pays for a full meal there. With the meal, you get your choice drink, your choice of appetizer, your choice of entree, and a pre-prepared dessert which is not your choice.

It is also considered a "signature" meal if you're on the ddp...meaning it will require 2 TS credits from each person. OOP cost is $60 for adults, and $36 for kids 3-9.

As @CynBeth said above, dinner at BoG is now a fixed price meal...meaning everyone pays for a full meal there. With the meal, you get your choice drink, your choice of appetizer, your choice of entree, and a pre-prepared dessert which is not your choice.

It is also considered a "signature" meal if you're on the ddp...meaning it will require 2 TS credits from each person. OOP cost is $60 for adults, and $36 for kids 3-9.
I don’t know how they decide pricing and what makes a meal signature. Akershus and Storybook Dining (Artist Point) are almost the same price as BOG and cost only 1 dining credit.

Does anyone know if we have to pay the adult price for my 15 year old if she eats off the kid menu?

We did OOP in May. Thought the food was very good and met the beast after.
Breakfast and lunch are still ala carte and no beast. Dinner is pre-fixe only.

Does anyone know if we have to pay the adult price for my 15 year old if she eats off the kid menu?

Yes, BoG is "true" fixed price at dinner. You pay by age, just like at buffets. She can probably still order off the kids' menu, but you will pay adult price for her. They will probably upsize the meal to more of an adult portion, though.

Yes, BoG is "true" fixed price at dinner. You pay by age, just like at buffets. She can probably still order off the kids' menu, but you will pay adult price for her. They will probably upsize the meal to more of an adult portion, though.

Yeah that's what I though. Not too keen on paying $60 for her to eat mac and cheese. I think I will continue to look for a lunch reservation. Thanks.

I reviewed our experience last week under dining reviews- it was not good and we will not be back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter