Does RC Concierge contact you prior to your cruise date?

Sunseeker17

Mouseketeer
We have booked our first RC cruise on Allure, after 5 Disney cruises, and want to get a sense of what has happened for others with suite bookings.

I emailed RC to ask when a concierge might be contacting me to assist with some bookings, such as a Labadee cabana. I was told that Concierge does not contact guests prior to their arrival on the ship, and that I could book everything once I was onboard. This answer definitely conflicts with what I have read on here, and I don't want to miss out on some of our preferences. So...what has been the experience of others? Has concierge emailed or called you ahead of your cruise? If so, roughly when did that happen? Does anyone have the email address for the Allure concierge handy? I'm a planner when it comes to trips, so this really helps! Thank you!

We sailed on the Oasis in a Grand Suite on the 12/4 sailing and were not contacted by a concierge prior to the cruise.

I recently sailed on Anthem of the Seas in a Royal family (2 bedroom) suite. We were Sky class, the middle suite class. We received an email 7 days before the cruise from our concierge, and it included information on how to book cabanas on Labadee's barefoot beach. The concierge was available each day in the concoerge lounge, plus we had a phone number we could call. We never needed any additional help, so we didn't use him.

What class suite are you in? If you are in a junior suite, I don't believe you get concierge service.

Denise

I emailed RC to ask when a concierge might be contacting me to assist with some bookings, such as a Labadee cabana. I was told that Concierge does not contact guests prior to their arrival on the ship, and that I could book everything once I was onboard. This answer definitely conflicts with what I have read on here, and I don't want to miss out on some of our preferences. So...what has been the experience of others? Has concierge emailed or called you ahead of your cruise? If so, roughly when did that happen? Does anyone have the email address for the Allure concierge handy? I'm a planner when it comes to trips, so this really helps! Thank you!

you can email the allure concierges at AL_concierge01@rccl.com and AL_concierge02@rccl.com (there is an underscore between AL and concierge).

royal does not have a shoreside concierge department like disney does. so, the concierges onboard take care of their current passengers and also the emails and requests from future passengers. because of that, if you email more than a week or two before your cruise, they will ask that you email back closer to your cruise time. the one exception is for cabanas on labadee or coco cay, especially the over-the-water ones - they are in high demand, so i may email for a cabana a month or two before the trip. for everything else, i wait until about a week before, and then send an email introducing myself (name, cabin number, cruise dates, reservation number, etc) and making my dining, spa, and/or other reservation requests. fwiw, since royal classified their suite system into categories (sea, sky, and star) i have not been able to get an over the water cabana on labadee - i travel in sky class usually, and i suspect they are saving them for the star class guests (most suites are sky class, the middle level of suites, and star is the more expensive/larger class of suites). also, if you talk to the concierge once onboard rather than emailing, generally you will still get into any restaurants etc that you want. like you, i am a planner, so i email ahead, but it's really not necessary for most things. as for shows, you should make comedy club reservations, but any other show you can get into with your suite key card, even without a reservation.

i have had concierges email me the week before my cruise to introduce themselves and ask if i had any requests, but it doesn't always happen - i think about 50-50 for me. it may depend on how busy they are with passengers onboard the week before.

i'm presuming from your post that you are sky class, but if you are sea class, that's a junior suite that doesnt get concierge perks, and if you are star class, you should be hearing from your genie (like a butler) before the cruise and they will definitely take care of anything you need!

Thanks for your information...yes, we are sky class. Hoping for the basic beach cabana, since we travel in August and, if we aren't in a hurricane:sad2: , it might be hot:sunny:. Nice to hear that we don't HAVE to book ahead for many things.

Thanks for your information...yes, we are sky class. Hoping for the basic beach cabana, since we travel in August and, if we aren't in a hurricane:sad2: , it might be hot:sunny:. Nice to hear that we don't HAVE to book ahead for many things.

the concierge will generally be able to get you beach and hillside cabanas. i still might email them a little early just in case, but it probably won't be an issue. there are only 6 over-the-water ones on the suite beach, which is why those are so hard to get.

otherwise, yeah, you shouldnt have to book ahead unless you want to, except maybe for the comedy club as mentioned before. also, the "wonderland" restaurant can sometimes be a little harder to get into. but that's about it. as on disney, once onboard the concierges can generally make a call and get you into restaurants, the spa, etc etc.

enjoy your trip! allure is fantastic. :)

So glad I read this thread. We are in a Sky class suite on the Harmony for our Spring Break in March. I would like a beach or hillside cabana on Barefoot Beach. Is it too early/late to contact the concierge to make a request?

So glad I read this thread. We are in a Sky class suite on the Harmony for our Spring Break in March. I would like a beach or hillside cabana on Barefoot Beach. Is it too early/late to contact the concierge to make a request?

it may be a little early, but i think it would be reasonable to try. the worst that happens is they ask you to get back in touch in a month or so. personally, i do think it's close enough in time that i would feel comfortable emailing now about a cabana in march. spring break cruises tend to sell out, so you want to put the request in early.

the email addresses for harmony are HM_concierge01@rccl.com and HM_concierge02@rccl.com .

it may be a little early, but i think it would be reasonable to try. the worst that happens is they ask you to get back in touch in a month or so. personally, i do think it's close enough in time that i would feel comfortable emailing now about a cabana in march. spring break cruises tend to sell out, so you want to put the request in early.

the email addresses for harmony are HM_concierge01@rccl.com and HM_concierge02@rccl.com .

Thank you. I may go ahead and contact them since it is a Spring Break cruise.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter