Does Port Orleans Riverside do anything special on New Year's Eve?

DISNEYWITHCHILDREN

Mouseketeer
I am staying there with my boyfriend for 1 night (we are local so thought it would be fun for NYE). I have a dining reservation at the Boardwalk at 9pm, but worried about traffic and crowds getting to and from. Thinking maybe we should just stay at the resort. Anyone ever been there on NYE?

Thanks!

I have done new years eve at POR two times. It's been a few years, but both times I did it were great. It was fun, but not too crowded. They did it on the big lawn across the river in front of the mansion buildings. They handed out towels to use as blankets like a picnic. They handed out free apple cider, hats, horns, glow bracelets. They had food and drinks for sale. They had the big blow up screen showing dick clark's new year special. There was music playing, games, etc. It wasn't bad at all. At 12:15 or so tho they turn everything off. Both times I was all wound up and excited from the new year and moved over to the lobby bar. It's a nice hotel. You should be alright. I have also done new years eve at the Boardwalk and Coronado Springs. Boardwalk is also fun. They have a DJ and you can see part of the fireworks from Epcot I believe it was. Coronado was also ok, but POR was a bit better. The party budget at Coronado seemed lower. They did hand out hats and horns and hot chocolate, but it seemed kinda low energy and not as nice. Still doable tho. Hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter