Does it really matter where you stay?

CAN I sleep in a double bed with my husband? Sure. Do I CHOOSE to on vacation? No. We have a king bed at home. Why would I ever want to be less comfortable on vacation than I am at home, if I can afford not to be? You can have your opinion, but you shouldn't laugh at people who enjoy their space.
I agree. I don't want to be on vacation and have to share a double bed when I'm used to a king. Especially with all the walking and everything. I'd hate to be cramped up in a small bed. But that's my opinion and I'm fortunate to be able to afford the deluxes (of course at a discount). But if I couldn't afford it I would definitely still come and suck up the small bed or stay off property.

If you couldn't have your chosen resort-would you still go on vacation? Absolutely! I rarely have one resort we are absolutely set on - we typically have a set of resorts we are interested in for the trip and select from there based on price and desired experience.

Would you/do you have a backup resort? Always. We have had to change resort a couple of times for various reasons - date changes, new discounts being released, etc. It always works out.

For those who simply the resort is a place for sleeping; how do you select your resort? This is not me - place to stay is important to me and we do spend time at our resort. However, if this were the case, I would consider low price and proximity to the parks... I wouldn't want to pay much for a room I'd barely use, and if I was in the parks a lot, I'd want to be nice and close.

We don't necessarily spend a lot of time at the resorts, but the resorts matter to us, BUT I would still go on vacation if I couldn't have my chosen resort.

I usually have a preference then my backups thought out in order of preference. There are always five of us, sometimes more, so that affects my choices some. If I'm going on a trip and am not worried about cost I'd always stay at a monorail resort. For Christmas we love to do the cabins ... we decorate outside ... get a golf cart and decorate it, etc. However this year there will be 7 of us versus 5 and too cabins are more than we want to spend ... so we move on down the list. My husband challenged me to go on summer vacation for under a certain amount of money ... so original plan was the beach ... but then we got a super cheap room at CBR ... so we are off to Disney lol. I'd never consider there before but it was the only way I was going to get to see Pandora before Christmas. But for Christmas I have more of a budget ... so back to one of my preferred places.

I'm rambling .... but I think resorts matter to most people but they still probably wouldn't keep them from going on vacation.

We don't necessarily spend a lot of time at the resorts, but the resorts matter to us, BUT I would still go on vacation if I couldn't have my chosen resort.

I usually have a preference then my backups thought out in order of preference. There are always five of us, sometimes more, so that affects my choices some. If I'm going on a trip and am not worried about cost I'd always stay at a monorail resort. For Christmas we love to do the cabins ... we decorate outside ... get a golf cart and decorate it, etc. However this year there will be 7 of us versus 5 and too cabins are more than we want to spend ... so we move on down the list. My husband challenged me to go on summer vacation for under a certain amount of money ... so original plan was the beach ... but then we got a super cheap room at CBR ... so we are off to Disney lol. I'd never consider there before but it was the only way I was going to get to see Pandora before Christmas. But for Christmas I have more of a budget ... so back to one of my preferred places.

I'm rambling .... but I think resorts matter to most people but they still probably wouldn't keep them from going on vacation.

I like a ramble-I can waffle on also :chat:

I think it depends on what kind of touring style you have. We stayed at POR this past trip and while I loved it, I sort of wish I had saved the money and just stayed at a value. We're rope drop to close type people so we really weren't in the room much. I think I would always choose to stay on property, the perks are definitely worth it for me, but for the next trip (whenever that may be....) I'll probably choose a value resort.
I still don't understand how people do this. We probably do 6-8 hours a day at the parks and by then, I am exhausted, especially when we went in the summer heat. So we like somewhere we can relax in the evening...this last trip, it was so nice to be able to do dinner at our resort 3 out of 6 nights and have different great choices each night.

I still don't understand how people do this. We probably do 6-8 hours a day at the parks and by then, I am exhausted, especially when we went in the summer heat. So we like somewhere we can relax in the evening...this last trip, it was so nice to be able to do dinner at our resort 3 out of 6 nights and have different great choices each night.

^^^This is me. It definitely does matter where I stay whether at WDW or elsewhere. Wherever we are on vacation, I like a nice comfy place to come "home" to where I can relax, get a nice meal and enjoy the resort room. We are not people who only need the room to shower and sleep unless it's for a stop on a long car trip. We like the whole relaxing drinks-by-the-pool environment since we are not in parks from dawn until midnight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter