Does it rain nearly daily in Nov/Dec typically?

Huff

DIS Veteran
I've been watching the weather lately and it seems theres a 20-40% chance of rain almost every day for weeks now. I thought that was a summer thing. Didn't realize that Nov. while cooler still has daily rain.

I've been watching the weather lately and it seems theres a 20-40% chance of rain almost every day for weeks now. I thought that was a summer thing. Didn't realize that Nov. while cooler still has daily rain.

No. They always throw rain into the forecast. I’ve gone mid October to early December, very little rain. It can happen, though. One time in early December we had 24 hours of straight hard rain, twice in the same week. Front stalled.

When we went in Nov. 2015, we had 2 little rain showers - once when we were in Haunted Mansion, and one when we were at Minnie's Holiday Dine - that was it! Hope that pattern continues for our Dec. 1-8 trip.

You'll get some possible rain as cold fronts come through or linger but its not summer type of rain,its definitely not a daily thing,heavy rain with lightning is a lot more rare,overcast days with a little rain is what you might see with the fronts but when the fronts go through the weather is gorgeous.

I’m trying not to be heartbroken as it now shows 80% in our forecast for Monday and Tuesday. It may be fine. But no one likes to see a rainy forecast. :-(

I’m trying not to be heartbroken as it now shows 80% in our forecast for Monday and Tuesday. It may be fine. But no one likes to see a rainy forecast. :-(
This is the 4th time we've gone in November. We've had like 1 rainy day in all those trips. I guess we're due for some rain.

I wouldn't be too concerned, Florida weather changes so fast. Even if it rained every day, it typically won't last long.

But for what it's worth, I've been to Florida many many times in November and December and rarely have seen rain.

I don't know what weather you guys are watching all over the country but it ain't our local forecast. LOL Nov & Dec are very dry months. This winter is predicted to be a bit wetter than normal, BUT it does not rain here in the winter like it does in the summer. Is there a chance of a shower? Yes. Will it rain all day? No. It rarely does that in FL. I live about 75 miles due west of WDW and unless there is a severe front coming towards us, it won't rain much at all. Even last week when there was a front that brought a down pour, it was only for 2 hours on one day.
This week we are expected to have scattered showers. Here is Orlando's forecast as of today. Don't let the 40% chance scare you. It's of a passing shower - SOMEWHERE maybe not in WDW.

Attachments

• 7day.jpg
    7day.jpg
    226.2 KB · Views: 10
I agree with @Barbydoll8...

DW and I spent the last three winters near WDW and enjoyed the dry weather. Yes, fronts do go through from time to time and can deliver an hour or so of rain. And sometimes there are scattered showers. And I have found that the extended forecasts can change quite a bit as time gets closer.

We just left Orlando after 7 days there. The only day it rained was on Sunday afternoon. The forecast had from 20 to 60% all week, but it never did. I would have welcomed it to cool off the the heat.

Do you check wunderground.com for the weather? It's pretty accurate for Florida weather. Many Florida locals use it for their forecast.

There are times that it rains every day in Florida, but that’s a Summer thing. In Fall and Winter, it’s pretty uncommon actually. You might get a couple quick showers if you are unlucky, but they’ll most likely not impact your plans much.

When that Mega lottery or whatever it's called was around a billion dollars, I'd say that if I won it I'd build a domed amusement park that was a constant 72 degrees year round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts