Does Disney Ruin

We both the all day dining and the line was 40 mins long so we only ate once so def lost money on that one . (Ate at Vaughn mills when we left )
Big kids stayed 10-10 ate three times so they got their money worth at least

We live 15 minutes from Wonderland and did buy a season's pass last year and this year as well. It's a good way to spend a few hours during the summer on a weekend and our kids quite like the waterslides and wave pool. Having said that...I agree with others in there is no magic or special feeling. Nothing like Disney...but its just a nice day out (or even a few hours for us)

PS - One thing that angers us at Wonderland is the cost of food. At Disney it may cost but you still feel its worth it. At Wonderland, it's a complete rip off. Last summer we purchased 4 subs and 2 drinks and it cost us $65. Crazy. And the other weekend got my kids an ice cream each...$15. Wasn't even anything special.

I wouldn't say Disney ruined other vacations for us. In fact, during our last trip over NYE I realized I need a break from WDW for a few years. I'm having more and more difficulty finding our stays worth the cost now. :( We are staying at AKL for 2 nights after our beach vacation this summer but only so I can attend the DIS Pandora Party. No parks for us and I don't mind at all! I also tend to combine our Disney trips with other things like a beach stay or road trip in California for example.

My wife has actually had enough of disney for years.I convinced her that we should take our 2 youngest grandchildren there the last week of May,since they've been asking to go,and were too young the last time they were there.Though not entirely bad, it was disappointing as not a day went by that at least 1 of our fastpass selections were cancelled and the standby lines were looong and seemed longer in the 100 degree weather.
As a respectful smoker,I was also disappointed to find out that there no longer is any designated smoking areas in the parks.Imo, all that did is create the urge for some to smoke that much more, and seeing cigarette butts scattered throughout the parks.

No not at all!! I love my Disney vacations, but I need other vacations as well! I could never just do Disney, there's way too much to see in the world.

I do get frustrated with Wonderland, though, after Disney. It's totally different, and I love parts of it, but the expense FastPasses, long lines, no planning aspect is annoying.

Eh, there's still a small bit of planning with Wonderland. It's just that it's nowhere near as encompassing as Disney. But having a general plan of attack about where to start (for us it's almost always Thunder Run) and where you want to go will minimize the amount of unnecessary walking and just make the day flow better.

Eh, there's still a small bit of planning with Wonderland. It's just that it's nowhere near as encompassing as Disney. But having a general plan of attack about where to start (for us it's almost always Thunder Run) and where you want to go will minimize the amount of unnecessary walking and just make the day flow better.

Lol, we always head straight to ride Thunder Run first also. Well, we do take a look at the lineup first for the Guardian, but that line builds up pretty fast. I think we only rode it once last summer.

Guardian was quite disappointing for me. I didn't expect a light gun game and it wasn't great to boot.

I actually dislike that they added FastLane to Wonderland. It's not included or restricted as it is at WDW and it really extends the wait time for those that don't get it. We have a season pass bit it's very pricey to add in but a lot seem to get it (maybe day pass holders).

OP, I totally get what you're saying. We stayed at AKL a few years ago and i'm not sure where i'd get that experience elsewhere. It's was almost too bad that it was our first family trip to WDW as I would have liked to hang out at the hotel more. We stayed at BLT last year though and that's not quite as memorable. In the end though, I just love to travel anywhere!

In my opinion, its hard to be down on Wonderland too much when it costs $39.99 CDN for admission to the park and a full size waterpark. That is pretty good value.
Its obviously not WDW but part of the reason it's so popular, and busy, is that many families can still afford to go, especially if they bring a cooler of their own food to eat outside the park. You also need to really enjoy the big thrill rides to get the most out of it.

I've never had any desire whatsoever to go to Wonderland, but Disney hasn't ruined other vacations for me. If I want theme parks, I go there. If I want other types of travel I will go elsewhere.

I actually dislike that they added FastLane to Wonderland. It's not included or restricted as it is at WDW and it really extends the wait time for those that don't get it. We have a season pass bit it's very pricey to add in but a lot seem to get it (maybe day pass holders).

I somewhat disagree that fastpass doesn't extend the wait time for those that don't get it. I'd rather see them do away with the whole thing honestly. There was nothing wrong with the first come, first serve days of the past. I feel fastpass is especially awful at Disney World (at least Disneyland in California has a system that seems more "fair" to me) where all the good ones go to people staying on site. Just my opinion (but I am not alone in it). I don't enjoy all the rigid pre-planning for what used to be a spontaneous vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter