Does Disney Ruin

TammyLynn33

DIS Veteran
Other vacations ? And hotels for you ?
We are at wonderland today and staying at a Marriott and I’m just not feeling it .. ha ha I used to love this yearly trip.. im just not anymore ha ha I think it’s Disney ..
Nothing meets their standards be it good customer service hotels etc .. lol
Is it just me?

I live 20 minutes from Wonderland by highway .... haven’t been in years. My teens have no desire either. Just can’t compare to WDW. No magic. 😉
Yup. We’re about a half hour from Wonderland and haven’t been in about a decade...but we’re WDW annual passholders... ;-)
It’s funny. Every couple of years, my kids beg me to go to Wonderland. Then we go, and they say, this is not like Disney and they’re ready to go home. :rotfl:
Everything else pales in comparison.

Big kids are still there bought them fast lane plus passes for the day and all day dining I assume they will show back to hotel around close .. they like the high intensity stuff

But they were comparing about food lines being too long “need mobile ordering “ “ no crowd control” etc

I don’t think they will want to return any time soon

Hmm, interesting. We live in Toronto and brought our kids to Wonderland for a day last year and had a great day, such a great day that we came home and started researching Disney vacations.

Myself and my husband went to Disney for 2 days, 9 years ago and id been wanting to go back for so long but the trip to wonderland finally convinced him that it would be worth bringing our 5 and 3 year old there. We’re going in September.

What? There are other vacations besides Disney?

Agreed but single mom with 4 kiddos Disney is a yearly or every other year kinda trip and mama needs away more than that.. lol

Seriously, Disney is the only place we vacation. Some people think we're crazy. Maybe we are...

My kids have never ever been to wonderland but they’ve been to Disney maybe forty times. We don’t bother with it. We do enjoy other vacations though. Love New York City, Alaska, Vancouver, Quebec, Nova Scotia. We’ve done Europe, planning PEI next summer.

We cruise or Disney. Kiddo keeps asking to go to Wonderland, I'm just not sure it would compare, and I am not keen on big coasters. Before our first big trip we did one train trip to TO and went to the aquarium. I'd like to travel within Canada but when I look at planning it, Disney just seems to be a better choice.

I suppose it ruins other theme park vacations. I don’t actually like traditional theme parks so I wouldn’t be a good judge probably.

Does it ruin all other vacations? No, not at all for me. A Disney vacation is just a whole different animal from going abroad. Also. I actually find I can get much nicer hotels for less money in other parts of the world.

Don’t get me wrong, I love Disney and go almost every year. I always stay at Disney hotels and they are lovely, but I’ve always felt like their deluxe hotels are overpriced and not really in the class you’d expect for the price. I can stay at truly luxurious hotels on other vacations for less or the same amount of $$$

I like Disney cruises, we love how clean they are and there so much to do. Sadly, they are only in our budget for one every 4 or 5 yrs. We did Disneyland last year, and DS10 really wants to see WDW. On the coldest day of the year this year I booked a 3 day Disney cruise for next year, and decided to get WDW in as well. I don't think we will do WDW after this upcoming trip but cruising Disney is definitely on our list to do again.

For the price of Disney, we wouldn't be able to enjoy anything else. We love camping, road trips across Canada and plan on going to England again and possibly Europe. We went to Great Britain for 3 weeks for 1/3 of the cost of the Disney trip I am currently planning.

While I love Disney I don't think it "ruins" other vacations for us. But we aren't big theme park people in the first place 😉

YES, a thousand times YES, but not for the reasons mentioned here. I have some pretty complicated dietary issues that Disney handles with amazing ease. I love being able to go somewhere and eat food safely that i haven't had to prepare myself, it's such a treat! No where else can even come close to the service i get there and when we are looking for a different holiday spot I need to spend hours researching, sending emails, reading reviews and then i still end up needing to cart a ton of meds with us and panic the entire time that I'll get sick. We don't even spend much time in the parks when we do go, last trip was 3 weeks long and we were in the parks maybe 6 days. I come home and dream about the food!

We have Wonderland season passes, but for the waterpark, do the occasional ride, go after work when crowds are down. But no comparision for our Disney trips.

I don’t have Wonderland near us. But Disney doesn’t ruin other theme parks for us, we love Universal too! We just got back a few weeks ago. Stayed at a Universal Deluxe that includes Express Pass for all the attractions. It’s a game changer. Also paid the only $207/night. About the same price WDW moderates are these days.
We enjoy both!

My family loves Disney ALOT, actually I love it the most, but I think as a family, we just like being on vacation, lol. We need a warm or hot sunny destination and Florida definitely qualifies.

We are seasons pass holders to Canada’s Wonderland and have been for years, primarily for the water park, but it’s just a theme park to go to spend time as a family during our short summer. Canada’s Wonderland isn’t a vacation destination to us at all, but we are only 30 min away via 407. Now that the kids are older, the kids like to go with their friends, seems everyone has a seasons pass around here, given there’s not much else to do around here really.

We have a Six Flags by us and we have never been. And we dont really plan to either. Ive been many years ago when I was single and even then I remember how low quality it was compared to the Disney of my childhood. Disney and Universal are the only two parks of that quality, pretty much in the world. It definitely makes me less likely to visit other local parks. We are actually going to Great Wolf in 2 weeks and Im already concerned about their level of quality. But Ive heard good things about them.

You also can't compare the cost. It's apples and oranges to me. Disney is a vacation, Wonderland is a day trip.

After experiencing Disney vacations 6 times........everything else is second rate. We have only ever stayed at their value resorts and even with that other hotels just don't compare. It's that Disney feeling!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter