Does disney card?

I’ve read stories of people’s magic band malfunctioning and needing their ID to be let back in their room. I’m sure they could confirm it’s you another way though, but just easier to have the ID.

I don't think I've ever been carded at Disney--which now really hacks me off! How old do they think I am??!?! LOL Seriously though, I still never go anywhere (further than say the resort pool) without ID, credit card, and insurance card, like PP--even when I'm skiing (cuz I kinda suck). Saves hassles in many instances. But to each his own :)

For those concerned about losing their ID I saw a sign at.........CG(?) that stated a photocopy of a passport was acceptable.

I’m 44 (sigh) and got carded 3 times last month on our trip. Pretty sure they just did it because they wanted to make me feel like a princess

You should always carry an ID. A real ID.

MagicBands mean nothing because without a photo ID they can't prove that is your MagicBand.

So no there is no way for them to try to prove it nor should there be any reason why they should.

Disney cards and if they don't they are breaking the law.

Florida law also requires anyone from out of the US to provide a passport, they will not accept an ID.

Yes, I have seen people turned away that could not provide the proper ID.

If you don't want a purse/bag just put it inside your phone case or get one with a card slot.

For those concerned about losing their ID I saw a sign at.........CG(?) that stated a photocopy of a passport was acceptable.

This won't work. Disney will accept a copy of a passport as long as you also provide an actual government ID. This is for international visitors concerned about carrying their passport ... because their government ID alone is not accepted.

Any Guest who wishes to purchase an alcoholic beverage at any site in the state of Florida—including Walt Disney World Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort—must present one of the following valid forms of identification:

• U.S. state driver’s license (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. state ID (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. military ID
  • Original passport
  • Copy of passport (either on paper or captured on a mobile device), along with a government-issued photo ID** that can verify the person and birth date shown on the copy
  • NEXUS card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (Canadian Guests only)
Please note: All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.

For all questions concerning our identification requirements, please call (407) 939-6244. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

*U.S. territories include Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa.

**Foreign driver’s licenses or ID cards are not acceptable by themselves.

:drinking1:drinking1

And cm’s get very confused when presented with a mil I’d - you have to point out that it’s not fake -

A big yes to all these thoughts.
But you should ALWAYS have ID on you!
Not sure why people don't carry some form of identification.

I bring insurance card and ID because I know that emergencies happen, and ER admissions staff can be huge pains if you don’t have proof of insurance and identity.

It’s always a good idea to carry your ID and your medical insurance card with you in case of a medical emergency.

I'm 37 and get carded every single time I buy a beverage, unless it's at a bar I frequent where the bartender remembers me.

I can't imagine going anywhere without some form of ID on me.

If you look young, you will be asked for an ID. The magicband does not substitute.

Yes, you will both be carded. Bring ID.

I bring my Driver's License, insurance card, Credit/Debit Card, AP, DVC member card and $20 in cash in a little zip card wallet that clips onto my belt loop. It's tiny and can also slip into my pocket if needed (it's flat).

You have way more faith in the magicband charging system than I do. I always bring backup money/card even on the rare occasion I do room charging.

I bring insurance card and ID because I know that emergencies happen, and ER admissions staff can be huge pains if you don’t have proof of insurance and identity.

And because I have been carded over and over, I bring ID.

Because a prudent person still needs those things, I still use a lanyard with a hard plastic waterproof lanyard case. Makes it all very easy, and nothing is being carried loose.

I have a little pocket type thing that has a chain, and I belt it onto my beltloop when I do not want to carry a small crossbody bag. It has a plastic protector for a license and credit card, and inside I have money and my insurance card. LIke you, I have it all in one spot and nothing is rattling around.

It has been a while since I have been carded, okay a long while, however i still need ID. You never know if your band will not work, or if you need cash for any other reason.

Our little experience.... During a recent trip, we separated from my sister's sons and their girlfriends. They are 18 and 19 (albeit, they look much older). The 4 of them went to dinner at Big River Grille & Brewing Works (technically, not Disney owned, but operating on Disney property). Not only were they not proofed, the waiter kept pressing them to try different brews (to drive up the bill, I assume). They left the place tipsy. My sister was FURIOUS the next day when they relayed the story to her. We did not make issue of it (my sister is very sweet, and did not want anyone to lose their job), but it was the last time they were allowed to dine on their own that trip!

Our little experience.... During a recent trip, we separated from my sister's sons and their girlfriends. They are 18 and 19 (albeit, they look much older). The 4 of them went to dinner at Big River Grille & Brewing Works (technically, not Disney owned, but operating on Disney property). Not only were they not proofed, the waiter kept pressing them to try different brews (to drive up the bill, I assume). They left the place tipsy. My sister was FURIOUS the next day when they relayed the story to her. We did not make issue of it (my sister is very sweet, and did not want anyone to lose their job), but it was the last time they were allowed to dine on their own that trip!

I agree that the boys were not to be trusted after that little stunt.

MagicBands mean nothing because without a photo ID they can't prove that is your MagicBand.

So no there is no way for them to try to prove it nor should there be any reason why they should.

Disney cards and if they don't they are breaking the law.

Florida law also requires anyone from out of the US to provide a passport, they will not accept an ID.

Yes, I have seen people turned away that could not provide the proper ID.

If you don't want a purse/bag just put it inside your phone case or get one with a card slot.

This won't work. Disney will accept a copy of a passport as long as you also provide an actual government ID. This is for international visitors concerned about carrying their passport ... because their government ID alone is not accepted.

Any Guest who wishes to purchase an alcoholic beverage at any site in the state of Florida—including Walt Disney World Resort and Disney’s Vero Beach Resort—must present one of the following valid forms of identification:

• U.S. state driver’s license (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. state ID (includes U.S. territories*)
  • U.S. military ID
  • Original passport
  • Copy of passport (either on paper or captured on a mobile device), along with a government-issued photo ID** that can verify the person and birth date shown on the copy
  • NEXUS card issued by U.S. Customs and Border Patrol (Canadian Guests only)
Please note: All Guests visiting from outside of the United States are required to present both a valid passport as well as another form of government-issued photo ID from their country of origin.

For all questions concerning our identification requirements, please call (407) 939-6244. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

*U.S. territories include Puerto Rico, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands and American Samoa.

**Foreign driver’s licenses or ID cards are not acceptable by themselves.

:drinking1:drinking1

Thank you for posting this - I hadn't realized how detailed they included their policy on their website! I'm glad they express that a copy of the passport on a mobile device would be acceptable (along with another govt issued id) - I'll probably keep a photocopy as well but it's nice to know a digital copy is ok too.

I usually joke that getting carded is hit or miss for me - most days the bags under my eyes are a good giveaway haha but I don't want to be disappointed so will be sure to take id!

Yup! I don't even drink, but if my husband ordered alcohol they carded us both and we were 40.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter