Does Blue Bayou take walk ups if there are no reservations?

For a busy weekend, try checking in at least 30 minutes early to request a waterside table. And be willing to wait as long as needed (usually not too long, but can be a long as 45 minutes) for that table.
@theluckyrabbit Thank you so much! Will they give us a pager so we can shop, etc. while we wait or do we have to stay there until they call our name?

@theluckyrabbit Thank you so much! Will they give us a pager so we can shop, etc. while we wait or do we have to stay there until they call our name?
Last time, it was so warm outside that we gladly stayed inside the waiting area until our table was ready. While they've had pagers in the past, I think now they use your phone number to text you when your table is ready. But reception isn't always great, so if we go outside the restaurant, we try not to go far. Sometimes just sitting in the waiting area is a welcome break!

If anything, try right when they open. You never know. Also, keep checking online the week prior and up to day of.

OP: So how was your dinner? Did you get to upgrade to the F! package?
We had a great time! Tried checking in about 20-25 mins before our reservation but hostess told me I couldn't check in until 10 mins before our reservation? I waited about 5 minutes then checked in again & asked for a waterside railing table. She left to check how long the wait would be for the 2 of us & came back to say it would be 15-30 minutes. I waited in the lobby about 5 minutes & we were seated waterside 5 minutes before our original reservation time! Also, for those who are wondering, when we walked up a little before 6 there were people who didn't have reservations who were told that they had a few limited open reservations at that time & the wait would be 30 minutes. We ultimately decided to not even try to upgrade to the F! package because we wanted to ride rides more since it was such a busy day & hubby is not much of a show person. The food was delicious & it was the perfect break from the craziness. Our waitress even brought hubby a yummy chocolate mousse cake for his birthday when she asked if we were celebrating anything.😍 I would share pics but I have no idea how to post here lol. Thank you everyone for all the help and advice! We had the best most magical day together!

We had a great time! Tried checking in about 20-25 mins before our reservation but hostess told me I couldn't check in until 10 mins before our reservation? I waited about 5 minutes then checked in again & asked for a waterside railing table. She left to check how long the wait would be for the 2 of us & came back to say it would be 15-30 minutes. I waited in the lobby about 5 minutes & we were seated waterside 5 minutes before our original reservation time! Also, for those who are wondering, when we walked up a little before 6 there were people who didn't have reservations who were told that they had a few limited open reservations at that time & the wait would be 30 minutes. We ultimately decided to not even try to upgrade to the F! package because we wanted to ride rides more since it was such a busy day & hubby is not much of a show person. The food was delicious & it was the perfect break from the craziness. Our waitress even brought hubby a yummy chocolate mousse cake for his birthday when she asked if we were celebrating anything.😍 I would share pics but I have no idea how to post here lol. Thank you everyone for all the help and advice! We had the best most magical day together!
So glad you had a great time and that everything worked out well!

Hubby & I are coming for a last minute 1 day trip this Saturday for his birthday and he wants to eat at Blue Bayou but there are no reservations available. :( Can we show up at the start at lunch & see if they will seat us? Any advice would be appreciated! In the meantime, I'll keep checking the app for cancellations:) TIA!
@SeiterClan I was at the park yesterday and checked at BB on this for you. As to dining sans reservations, I asked the BB hostess if such a thing were possible. She explained that walk-ups are possible nearly every day, even, perhaps, on their busiest ones. The best times to inquire at the check-in are at 11:05, right after they open, and at 3:55, moments before they transition from lunch to dinner. Hope this helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter