Does anyone use an app called Lines?

wdwfamilyof5

Earning My Ears
I have never heard of this app, but my husband’s coworker recommended it for our upcoming July trip. Just wondered if any of you have used it and if you feel it’s worth it or not. Thank you!

Its a great app, but very user dependant.
Users add wait times. They can add posted or actual wait times, standby or FP.
If there are a lot of people posting times, it can be very handy and generally more accurate than posted times.
When we are there, I post every ride we are on. And I appreciate everyone who does similarly.

I have used it a little before. This is the touring plans app. As mentioned above, it heavily relies on users adding posted wait times and I believe it estimates the real wait time. But my past experience makes me not trust touring plans. Honestly the best app is the official WDW app. The posted wait times are generally the same on the app as they are in real life (I have noticed once or twice that it took a minute to update on the app) and you can get FP+, etc. It wouldn’t hurt to download lines though.

Why use somebody else's app when you get the official information directly from the Disney app?

Why use somebody else's app when you get the official information directly from the Disney app?
Disney’s is often inaccurate depending on the time of day. They tend to inflate the wait times often in effort to scare riders away.

Lines is typically more accurate in my opinion. It is reliant on users, but users seem to provide more accurate data than the Disney app.

I find Lines to be far more accurate than Disney, especially in the evenings when Disney may be overestimating times due to attempts to reduce line ups just before closing. Touring Plans has no vested interest in managing the crowds. Lines also gives you the posted time and the estimated times based on their algorithm and user-posted information. I always enter posted and actual times to Lines.

Because the TP app is interactive. You can tell it what day & times you are in what park, you can tell it what attractions & times you have FP for, you can tell it which attractions you want to accomplish in that timeframe, you can tell it where & when you want to eat, you can tell it if you are a fast or slow walker, & you can tell it if you want to minimize your wait time in line OR minimize the amount of walking & backtracking (often you can't have both & have to choose). Then you hit 'optimize' & it will extrapolate a touring plan for you. You still have complete control to do what you want, when you want. You mark each item off as complete & hit 'optimize' and it will recalculate YOUR plan for YOU. MDE app will not do that for you.

P.S. you can easily update your FP times as you modify them in the park & the plan will update accordingly for you.

A few weeks ago I overheard a guest saying she'd laminated each days itinerary. YIKES! My schedule & plan changes on a dime. Nothing to laminate here. The TP app will help coordinate to execute your own plan

When we were there in Dec 2018, I found the actual wait times to be longer than predicted in Lines, but shorter than the Disney wait times. I think Lines’ accuracy also depends on how well the actual crowd level is matching to the Touring Plans prediction.

When we were there in Dec 2018, I found the actual wait times to be longer than predicted in Lines, but shorter than the Disney wait times. I think Lines’ accuracy also depends on how well the actual crowd level is matching to the Touring Plans prediction.

That brings up a related question: does Disney still inflate wait times, and when do they do it the most? When we were there last Oct/Nov, the posted wait times were either accurate or understated, which surprised me.

Thank you everyone for your responses. This sounds like something that would be beneficial for me and my family. I’m going to give it a try!

We used it in our last trip, and it was very helpful. The wait times were far more accurate than Disney's posted times. The chat group there was also good (sort of like a message board but it moves quickly). We will use it the next time we go to WDW.

Use it exclusively as it tells you both the Disney posted times and their predicted times. I don't even know how to pull out wait times on MDE! Find it pretty accurate.

I was there last Saturday and the Lines app was very reliable! It allowed us to get in one more line before our FP window closed and the were right about the predicted wait time (which was 10 min less than on the Disney app)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter