Does anyone think AKV Jambo isn't opening anytime soon?

buzzrelly

DIS Veteran
I was just checking summer availability…I'm not going, I already cancelled our BLT for July, but I check periodically to see the availability. AK Jambo has no availability for any room type from now until January 2021, it seems. Usually I see some spotty availability here and there, but this is nothing, all gray.

Just curious if there's something to this or maybe just a glitch?

The rumor mill is the Jambo rooms are being held for NBA, possibly even more pro sports teams. Again, just a rumor but, it seems pretty accurate. They also mentioned Coronado so, this might be unfounded.

The rumor mill is the Jambo rooms are being held for NBA, possibly even more pro sports teams. Again, just a rumor but, it seems pretty accurate. They also mentioned Coronado so, this might be unfounded.

Ah, that makes sense. I had heard Coronado Springs so I wasn't even thinking that.

I have heard that Jambo is being held by Disney to move the CSR bookings that have to be moved elsewhere due to the NBA taking over CSR.

I’m sure we will hear soon enough.

Are your two boys basketball fans, by any chance? This may be their best trip ever! :-)
Actually our 2 boys wont be coming with us for the first time ever! This is our first trip no kids! One just graduated from UMass and the other will be a second year Art major. This trip has been a long time coming and nothing will cancel it again! Now if these NBA players cause us to me moved its gonna be ugly!!!

Actually our 2 boys wont be coming with us for the first time ever! This is our first trip no kids! One just graduated from UMass and the other will be a second year Art major. This trip has been a long time coming and nothing will cancel it again! Now if these NBA players cause us to me moved its gonna be ugly!!!

Oh my gosh, I hope you're good to go! You're going to love your adult only trip!

Oh my gosh, I hope you're good to go! You're going to love your adult only trip!
kids have been coming along since 1999, we were so excited to go in April and when this all happened it was crushing. Sept better be a go! and we better not get moved!!!

I believe CSR bookings are being moved to Jambo. They will want to bubble the NBA and Jambo won't be a good bubble if Kidani is open. It is a lot easier to close off CSR.

kids have been coming along since 1999, we were so excited to go in April and when this all happened it was crushing. Sept better be a go! and we better not get moved!!!
Best of luck with your adult only trip! We were also supposed to have one this past April that was cancelled. DD16 was supposed to be in Japan, oldest at college...DDs trip was postponed to next April... hoping DH and I will get our adult only trip next April!

I believe CSR bookings are being moved to Jambo. They will want to bubble the NBA and Jambo won't be a good bubble if Kidani is open. It is a lot easier to close off CSR.

I think it is looking more like this and Disney took all they could from Jambo using their points to have not only AKL rooms,mbut DVC as well.

Not only will NBA probably be there, but Soccer league may also be there. I've heard the All Stars will be closed, POFQ will be closed, maybe part of PORS, too. If All Stars, Coronado (with NBA or Soccer) and Jambo are closed, the buses headed that direction will be all Kidani Village.

Newest info that just came out from Disney does not have Jambo listed as opening on June 22nd.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter