Does anyone pull your 20'-30' trailer with 1/2ton truck?

We tow a 2008 Airstream 25' trailer with a 2010 Toyota Tundra with the small V8 (4.7L). We have a Reese Dual Cam hitch. It pulls great. We travel 60-62MPH and get between 11 - 12 MPG. If we travel at 65-67 MPH it drops to 10-11 MPG.

Pulled my 29.5 Keystone cougar with a 2003 F150 crew 5.4. Wght Dist hitch and sway control. Perfectly within specs. The 1000 mile trip went perfect, but I was vigilent at every turn. Got 7-8 mpg. Worst was going through mtns in TN. Think I got 4-5 MPG.

Spent the time since then saving my nickels and dimes. Santa delivered a brand new F250 Diesel last week. Definitely looking forward to a more relaxing "next" trip. :)

Hi,
We tow a Jayco 28', ulvw 4,700 lbs with a 05 F-150 Crew 5.4. It
really tows great. We get 8 mpg running between 65-70 on 4 lane.
Hope this helps.

Santa delivered a brand new F250 Diesel last week. Definitely looking forward to a more relaxing "next" trip. :)
Congrats on the new truck. You'll love the diesel. I'm on my third and will never go back to a gasser. Hopefully you got a 2011. The 6.7 is much better engone than the 6.4. (had both)

And not sure what part of StL you are in. I'm in E'ville, IL. 1000 miles to the entrance of FtW.

6k 30' with 2010 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 5.7l V8. Is the trailer still back there? i can't feel it!!

towing I get 10mpg

Ditto - I pull a 30 foot Passport Ultralight with a 2007 Tundra double cab that has the full 8 foot long bed and the 5.7 liter engine. We average 9 to 10 mpg when towing and 16-17 mpg without the trailer.

Before we got the motorhome we towed a Jayco Kiwi 23B (about 5500 lbs) with a Ford F150 Supercrew. Got around 9-10 MPG and the truck handled the trailer with ease. Very comfortable to tow.

We tow a 33' Keystone Passport ultra light (if a 33' can be considered "light") with a 2006 Chevy Suburban with the 5.3 V8. We have the tow package, not sure of what gear, but get 9 to 10 when towing, and about 18 on the highway when not towing. We use a dual cam hitch setup, and sometimes a friction sway bar just to be safer. We really haven't had a sway problem since switching to the dual cam, but on long trips I throw the friction bar on just because I have it.

We're leaving for Disney in about 2.5 weeks :banana:

just had to add that :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!