Does anyone know if they will do away with the Duffy bedtime stories?

BigAlsGal

DIS Veteran
Hi guys!

My family and I are OBSESSED with the new Mickey cartoons. Pretty much all we watch is channel 30. But every frickin day from 6pm to a whopping 10pm they play repeats of that awful Duffy bedtime story. Does anyone actually do this?

I was under the assumption that Duffy was slowly disappearing from the parks. Just wondering if anyone has the scoop on when it will finally get off the TV.

For the record my favorite Mickey cartoon is the one where they go to “Potatoland”. :mickeyjum:goofy::donald:

Yes! We love the Duffy Bedtime story! We all try to "read along" with it at the end of the night... like we would with "Goodnight Moon" at home... :)

It's an odd little Disney tradition for us while we're there. But it works - Duffy is on, you need to be in bed, we're all yawning...

I love Potatoland too but my fav Mickey Mouse cartoon from that series is the Hot Dog episode...

Yes! We love the Duffy Bedtime story! We all try to "read along" with it at the end of the night... like we would with "Goodnight Moon" at home... :)

It's an odd little Disney tradition for us while we're there. But it works - Duffy is on, you need to be in bed, we're all yawning...

I love Potatoland too but my fav Mickey Mouse cartoon from that series is the Hot Dog episode...
I’d know that dirty dog anywhere!!!

:rotfl2:

My ten year old complains about the Duffy cartoons every night when he wants to snuggle in bed and watch those new cartoons! lolol

He usually makes do with watching them on youtube!

My ten year old complains about the Duffy cartoons every night when he wants to snuggle in bed and watch those new cartoons! lolol

He usually makes do with watching them on youtube!
I’m currently here “suffering”. Lol. It’s 7:03. Two hrs 57min to go......:rotfl:

My youngest DD just asked me about this last night. She loves the Duffy bedtime story and was worried they would take it away before we go in Sept. My older kids rolled their eyes, but she loves it...lol. Glad to know it is still playing :-)

We were at Disney staying at All Star Sports last Labor Day weekend (2018). Duffy was not on at night when it was time for the bedtime story. It was on in the food court the first night we were there but not back in the room. I looked for it the following two nights we stayed there but could not find it. We are now at Pop Century for the next 6 nights and it's nowhere on TV. I looked through all the Disney info channels. I know, I know, it's super silly and cheesy but a tradition that we watch it at least a couple times during our annual stays. I had no idea there were plans for it to end. I cannot find any info online.

Hate to bring back an old thread, but didn't see any updates on this. During our stay this weekend, our kids were disappointed to see Duffy was completely removed everywhere, including the story. However, they replaced the Duffy bedtime story with four new stories. Cars, Frozen, Tangled, and I forget what the forth was. They play on rotation every few minutes now I think. They softened the blow for sure, but definitely hate to see Duffy go. I didn't even notice the character for years being at the park, but after having kids that I think have spent more time at the parks than at our house, Duffy is sorely missed.

I wish they would add Duffy to the rotation, but they didn’t need to be looping it over and over for hours.

Glad to hear that it might be disappearing. My kids much prefer the mickey cartoons. If they were to keep Duffy, I wish they only did it every half hour or hour between the nightly time frame. I could handle it once every 30-60 minutes---but the constant non-stop loop drives me bonkers. with Duffy going out of the parks, it doesn't "speak" Disney to me. I would much rather be immersed with the Disney characters instead.

PS---We love Potatoland!

My daughter loved watching the bedtime stories on our last few trips. She was 9 on our last trip and we loved the fact that she didn't feel 'too grown-up' to watch Duffy.

Also love the Mickey cartoons.

Didn’t like the Duffy story. I feel like Disney’s excellence always stemmed from being so good at making capitalism feel elegant, ethical and even magical, through storytelling at the highest level.

The Duffy bed time story felt to me like a very manipulative way of selling Duffy teddy bears and nothing more.

I’m happy to see it go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter