Does anyone have a recipe for Chicken Enchillada Soup?

Nikki_Nikki

<font color=deeppink><font color=brown>Oklahoma bo
I had this soup a couple of weeks ago at Chilis. I thought it sounded bad, but my friend insisted that I try it. Glad I did, it was awesome!!! Anybody have it or know where I can get it? Thanks! :)

I went over to CopyKats.com and found a "look alike" recipe for you.

Chili's Chicken Enchilada Soup

Just a hint for searching on this site. You can't perform a search for a specific recipe on the home page - www.copykat.com - it never finds it. I guess it's searching the featured recipe. Anyway, just above the "featured recipe" is a link titled "Use the menu on the left of click here for more recipes >>" If you click on THAT & perform the search from the next page, you should find what you're looking for.

This sounds good - I may have to try this one. ;)

d

Thank you very much! I can't wait to try it! I loved it so much when Chili's made it. I'll let you know how mine turns out! Thanks again!!! :bounce:

I have made this soup many times, and everyone wants that recipe! everyone loves it!
it makes a lot but reheats very well:)

This is my adaptation of a recipe I found in a magazine (I think)

1 Large Can Chicken Broth
4 Cups tortilla Chips
1 Can Chopped Green Chilis (use the 3 oz or 7 so depending on your taste)
1 Can tomatoes with garlic and onion
(Could substitute a can of Ro-Tel Tomatoes, but our youngest don't like their food that spicy)
1-2 cups of Meat (I have used canned or fresh chicken, salad shrimp, canned or imitation crab or any combination of the above)
Garnishes--Sour Cream, chopped onions--white, red or green, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, shreaded cheese, etc...

Bring Chicken broth to a full rolling boil. Remove pan from stove and turn off heat. Add the Chips and allow to soak for at least 10 minutes. Process in blender or food processor till smooth. Return to the stove on medium-low heat and add chilis, tomatoes and meat. Heat till additions are warm. Serve with garnishes.

We have never had leftovers, so I don't know how well this re-heats. But do not boil, only heat till warmed through.

Feliz Navidad!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter