Does anyone decorate in primitive style?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I just love the look of country/primitive/farmhouse. I am slowly starting to re-do my house with this look. I do have a store right down the road from me that sells items in this style. Where else besides yard sales or flea markets do you think I could find stuff?

Ebay! You can find everything on Ebay! :thumbsup2

I love the country/primitive/farmhouse decor also. But then again I live in the country and just down the road from my grandparents (well they have since passed) who were farmers and had a real farmhouse! Another good place is real estate auctions. When we had my grandparents sale I bought a lot of old farm stuff (crocks, an old chair without a seat, Grandma's anglefood cake pan...). I wanted to keep it all! My husband just shook his head, especially when I got the chair without a seat... I love that chair and someday I will weave a seat (I have made many many baskets...how had can a seat be?). Baskets also go well with the country theme.

We have a Gordman's around here that sells all kinds of country/primitive stuff at really reasonable prices.

This is also craft fair season around here. I have been to two the past two weekends in neighboring towns. They have a lot of country/primitive itmes. There are a several more coming up over the next couple weeks. I can't wait!

I can share photos in the next couple of days if you would like. I love to see photos of how other people decorate to get ideas. Right now the house is a reck because we just finished painting the living room/kitchen area and I am trying to get curtains up. So when I get it all back to normal I'll snap some photos.

I have also ordered stuff from a couple magazines, but I can't remember the name of them right now. I will see if I have them at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter