Does anyone bring there own lunch to the parks?

my kids love nutella sandwiches. Last time the cast members joked that we couldn't bring it in and they would eat it. Love how they can be interactive on any topic.

I am torn on carrying a pack with snacks. It sounds like it really slows you down trying to get through bag check.

I am NOT a patient person, so adding another slowdown is not working for me.

I'm thinking crackers in the cargo pockets along with a small first aid kit and I'm good to go.

What do the Dis veterans say?

It varies.

For MK the bag check is as you come off the dock at MK and it's just you boat people so it doesn't take long at all. For the other parks, leave 10 minutes earlier and take the lunch. It saves $ignificant dollar$.

Bama Ed

PS - and going to WDW is an exercise in patience these days.

Funny, as i bought some spam a year or 2 ago. Mom used to make it, along with the can ham with the key to open the can. So i bought some, i have yet and am afraid to try it again, lol. I sould make it with something. Now if i can only find some powdered milk to wash it down.........

Spam is an acquired taste

Spam is an acquired taste

It was a staple on our Boy Scout campouts, team bradfield. Spam didn't have to be refrigerated, can be eaten hot or cold, was kinda cheap meat, and packs a lot of tasty calories in a small package. The smell of it sizzling in a frying pan takes me back....

I just might have to pick up a can or two for our trip in two weeks. You got me reminiscing now.

Bama Ed

Funny, as i bought some spam a year or 2 ago. Mom used to make it, along with the can ham with the key to open the can. So i bought some, i have yet and am afraid to try it again, lol. I sould make it with something. Now if i can only find some powdered milk to wash it down.........

I broke down and bought a can of Spam, cubed some up and saute'd with onions and had spam scrambled eggs, it was delicious, when we travel west to Yellowstone we pass the Spam museum in Austin, MN. DW won't let me stop though

It was a staple on our Boy Scout campouts, team bradfield. Spam didn't have to be refrigerated, can be eaten hot or cold, was kinda cheap meat, and packs a lot of tasty calories in a small package. The smell of it sizzling in a frying pan takes me back....

I just might have to pick up a can or two for our trip in two weeks. You got me reminiscing now.

Bama Ed
I can’t stomach the thought of “raw” Spam (even though I know it’s cooked), but it’s heaven sliced and cooked on the skillet!

There were five of us on the last trip (6 next time:scared1:), so we basically did Disney QS dinner, and always packed a lunch. PB&J, lunch meat sandwiches, single serve bags of chips, granola bars, string cheese, those PB and/or cheese cracker sandwiches, Cheerios, etc. Security is a pain, but worth it to save literally hundreds. You probably even save time in the long run, because your meal times are less formal. You won’t be waiting in line to get your food from your backpack. If one person gets whiny and hungry before everyone else, they can eat a granola bar on the way to the next attraction.

I am torn on carrying a pack with snacks. It sounds like it really slows you down trying to get through bag check.

I am NOT a patient person, so adding another slowdown is not working for me.

I'm thinking crackers in the cargo pockets along with a small first aid kit and I'm good to go.

What do the Dis veterans say?

I would just take in a back pack with snacks and be done with it. Crackers in your pocket will be crumbs in five minutes, the wait to get through security is very short, and most likely, the other guests with you will have to go through the line.

We take water, packs of mixed nuts from Trader Joes, smoked almonds, and Kind bars.

Im decided, I'm going to pack some stuff in a cheap back pack. If someone takes it they will only get food, lol. I will not pay to put it in a locker, ill leave it outside the rides if needed. If im going to be in a cue, why not eat and wait? Or if you find a good place to sit? Im definitely going to hit up mark twains island. I still remember that and the swiss familly ribenson treehouse, what better place for a lunch?

Not only do we bring our lunch, we find the most amazing places to eat. If you look hard enough you can find picnic tables that are tucked away out of the foot traffic. You can actually make this a fun game to play with your kids.

Im decided, I'm going to pack some stuff in a cheap back pack. If someone takes it they will only get food, lol. I will not pay to put it in a locker, ill leave it outside the rides if needed. If im going to be in a cue, why not eat and wait? Or if you find a good place to sit? Im definitely going to hit up mark twains island. I still remember that and the swiss familly ribenson treehouse, what better place for a lunch?

I loved Tom Sawyer Island as a kid in Disneyland, my kid loved it at 7 in WDW, and this year my 12 year old AND her friend loved it. I was worried they would find it boring after all the other exciting things, but it's just nice to go at your own pace and explore. We ate lunch here one day and it was lovely. There's even a small building with some rocking chairs (I think? Maybe just regular porch chairs?) facing toward fantasyland.

We brought a small packable backpack because my theory was like yours - not big loss if it disappears - and also I figured I'd pack it up when it was empty. But we also kept putting sunglasses, maps, chargers, and even some jackets in there, so I'm glad we brought it and it was never empty. Oh, and water bottles. We ate in line for a few rides, too. I packed full lunches, but we ate them just one piece at a time - sandwich in this line, apple in that line, chips an hour later. Once all the food was gone and everyone was hungry again, THEN we'd find a place to grab something to eat. We never had to leave it outside a ride as there was room at someone's feet in every ride. If the bag is too big to fit in the baskets on the wilder rides, you can easily hand off a couple bigger items (water bottles, etc) to someone else in your group to put in their basket.

There are super light insulated backpacks that can hold an ice pack, a few sandwiches, and water bottles. It certainly doesn't have to be a cooler or something that you'd feel the need to put in a locker. When I go to the parks with my parents and one of us is the designated backpack wearer on days when we bring our own lunch, the routine is that two of us breeze through the "no bags" security line and then turn around and taunt the backpack wearer for a couple of minutes while they wait in the bag check line.

It was easier when my daughter was in a stroller, she knew to fuss and cry so they speed us through bag checks at amusment parks. Granted most of them didnt alow outside food, but she has a tree nut allergy, and i like to bring my own stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter