Does anyone bring there own lunch to the parks?

Sjm9911

DIS Veteran
Ok , title says it all, but i figure were campers so we have an advantage on this one! My daughter is a picky eater, so im not spending $$$ on stuff she basicly will not eat. So what do you guys bring?

I don’t do Disney parks, when we go to other parks we bring carrot sticks, celery and peanut butter and ranch for dipping. Sometimes we bring grapes also.

We packed sandwiches and snacks in a backpack we took in and we froze water in the water bottles, it would melt and keep water we would add in the parks cold.

Yes you can.

We did that when we had all three kids with us (plus two adults). We packed one meal in and bought one counter lunch meal on our park days.

There is a link somewhere on the WDW website (I'll find it and post in an update). Basically no glass (except baby food jars), no alcohol, and hard sided coolers have to me under a specific size. We used a soft sided zip up cooler with the chilled blue gel packs to keep things cold (grapes in zip locks, etc.). We would rent a locker in the park and stow the pack until it was time to eat. And I have stumbled over somebody's small rolling cooler in Fantasyland before.

Squeeze juice bags, cookies, pb&j sandwiches, and cheese curls in ziplocks saved me a FORTUNE over the years. It's a little bit more of a hassle now with the security checks (which we didn't have to deal with when we did this) but it was worth it.

Bama Ed

EDIT-see "Prohibited Items" section b, d, and k:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-rules/

Last edited:

We've packed in PB&J sandwiches several times with bottled water in the pack. This allowed us to keep on the move and not worry about standing in line for food or following a schedule. Typically these days we do a quick service meal per day and bring in snacks to carry us over on our park days.

My mom used to buy cheap soft sided coolers at yard sales and after everyone ate their lunch in the park, she threw them away so she didn’t have to carry a bag after lunch.

I believe many parks (not just DW) don't allow hard sided coolers but we always bring lunch / snacks in a backpack and it's never been a problem (DW, Legoland and SeaWorld). Although I think AK and Sea World might have limits on what you can bring (or maybe you have to leave the park to eat or something).

when our kids were young, they loved the "circle sandwiches" the Frozen PB&J's from the store, DW got smart and bought a pastry cutter that was round and formed the same wavy edge, we would make up a bunch and freeze them and take in the backpacks with chips, carrots, hummus, etc. really worked well for the picky young DD, swear for a year that's all she would eat at lunch! But like BamaEd, this was pre-bag check shake downs, was real easy to get them in, along with a small bottle of vodka to add to my Dole whip, wait, what? I didn't do that

ME ME ME!
Just like everyone has mentioned, we will bring in lunch to eat whenever we want, and then will eat a quick service dinner.

I know we will eat our way around Epcot though :)

when our kids were young, they loved the "circle sandwiches" the Frozen PB&J's from the store, DW got smart and bought a pastry cutter that was round and formed the same wavy edge, we would make up a bunch and freeze them and take in the backpacks

DW sounds like a smart lady, team bradfield. ::yes::

take in the backpacks with chips, carrots, hummus, etc. really worked well for the picky young DD, swear for a year that's all she would eat at lunch!

Dude, that just mean. :sad2:

along with a small bottle of vodka to add to my Dole whip, wait, what? I didn't do that

I wanna party with you. You apparently know the ropes. :rockband:

Bama Ed

DW sounds like a smart lady, team bradfield. ::yes::

Dude, that just mean. :sad2:

I wanna party with you. You apparently know the ropes. :rockband:

Bama Ed

We have hummus too Ed. Our kids are weridos and love it. I even have Kombucha in my cart haha.
I will say though, my kids also requested bologna since we are on vacation. :crazy2:

ALWAYS LOL.

I have a bag that's about the size of a beach tote bag. One side is insulated, the other is just regular canvas. We pack lunches, drinks and snacks to bring into the park, and the split body bag allows us to use one side to hold anything we don't want to get wet from condensation. Saves money and complaints from my picky eaters :)

We have hummus too Ed. Our kids are weridos and love it. I even have Kombucha in my cart haha.
I will say though, my kids also requested bologna since we are on vacation. :crazy2:

Rides, You gotta be kidding me, our son always packs Bologna for sammiches for the ride down, same reason "we are on vacation!" I always request Braunschweiger, but DW shoots it down

I am torn on carrying a pack with snacks. It sounds like it really slows you down trying to get through bag check.

I am NOT a patient person, so adding another slowdown is not working for me.

I'm thinking crackers in the cargo pockets along with a small first aid kit and I'm good to go.

What do the Dis veterans say?

Funny, as i bought some spam a year or 2 ago. Mom used to make it, along with the can ham with the key to open the can. So i bought some, i have yet and am afraid to try it again, lol. I sould make it with something. Now if i can only find some powdered milk to wash it down.........

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter