does any one have pics of the blue Bayou

loki

Mouseketeer
From either the Pirates of the carribean point of view or vice versa?? Most pics I have seen are really dark.

That's what I like about it. You feel like you are outside on a patio at night by a river, sans mosquitoes! It does not photograph well because of this. However, it really simulates this well and it feels weird when you walk back out into the bright sun and crowds(if you go at lunch time)! Reality shock! :D

Toodles
WDW 79, 83, 99
DL 91, 92, 93, 95

I'll have to look when I get home. I remember *trying* to take a couple of pictures, but I don't remember if I actually did or not, and if I did I don't remember it coming out.

Like Toodles said, though -- it's quite a dark restaurant so pictures don't do it justice.

-Rajah
tigerbow.gif

mickeymoonsm.jpg

cdrtrisal@aol.com

Rajah and VonDrake's Honeymoon

Rajah's Disneyland Crossword Puzzle

My fiance has never been to DL and I hear that the Pirates in WDW does not go through a restraunt like it does in DL so i wanted to show her that.

Oops :/ I forgot to look last night :(

But that is correct -- WDW's version of Pirates doesn't go through the restaurant like DL's version does, and it's also about 3/4 the length. DH said it best when he said WDW's version of Pirates is essentially the Cliff's Notes version of the real thing at Disneyland.

When is your friend coming? I'll be there at the end of this month, and if I remember I'll try to get a picture or two of the restaurant if my digital will take it.

-Rajah
tigerbow.gif

mickeymoonsm.jpg

cdrtrisal@aol.com

the second link is kinda what i am looking for. If you would I would love to see that Picture.

I dont know if i explained why i want these pics but here it goes....

Me and my Fiance' have this on going "WAR" she has been to WDW and I have been to DL and you guessed it neither has been to the other. she says WDW is better than DL which is true but I say POTC is longer than WDW. Its the only thing i have :)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Me and my Fiance' have this on going "WAR" she has been to WDW and I have been to DL and you guessed it neither has been to the other. she says WDW is better than DL which is true but I say POTC is longer than WDW. Its the only thing i have [/quote]

loki,

I have some ammunition for your "war."

Tell her that WDW does not have a hotel from which you can walk to a theme park directly from an exclusive hotel guest entry, i.e., the California Adventure.

You also have, among others:

1. The Matterhorn.
2. Alice and Wonderland.
3. Walt Disney's Apartment.
:D

anidragon01.gif

Feel free to send me an email :)

If you need help with your Disney problem click here:Calbay's 12 Steps of Disneyholics Anonymouse

My recent trip to the Disneyland Resort
Calbay's Holiday 2000 Disneyland Trip Report

Loki -- sure, I'll scan the picture, but it will take a couple of days. DH's scanner is broken so I've asked my dad to scan it. He's usually quick about scanning so I should have it ready by this weekend. :D

As for "ammo"...first off, they're both wonderful places so you don't really need to be at war :D But, if you *do* want some ammo, check out the DL vs WDW thread here. There are a lot of comparisons there that could help :D

The biggest one to me is DL is more "charming" than anything at WDW. There's magic at WDW, but nowhere near as much charm in one single place :D

-Rajah
tigerbow.gif

mickeymoonsm.jpg

cdrtrisal@aol.com

I LOVE WDW, and Magic Kingdom is wonderful! Liberty Tree Tavern, a larger castle, a beautiful Haunted Mansion, etc.... but Disneyland has a charm and a sense of "realism" that MK just doesn't seem to have. I don't know what it is... maybe it's the fact that it was Walt's park... his creation, not a copy. It most definitely has a charm that I just don't sense at MK.
As far as Pirates is concerned... we don't even bother to go on Pirates when we go to WDW... it just doesn't hold a candle to DL's Pirates. :)

timon14a.gif

CBR: Feb '93
DxL: Dec '95
DxL: 11/25-12-4 2º0º
:) :) :) :) :)

seemed that the buildings at DL had more brick work, although i do ike the look of Cindy's castle compared to sleeping beauties castle but the some of the other rides seemed to be more detail orientated on the outside of the attraction.

Thanks so much Rajah that is an awesome pic looks like it can get the whole atmosphere across.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!